What's new

What strains are good for fibromayalgia?

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey guys, looking for some recommendations for strains that are good for fibromayalgia related pain. My uncle has had fibromayalgia for about 10 years, result of an industrial accident. He has been taking opiate pain relievers for about 10 years. He has been asking me about it. He has known I grow for a few years. I am looking for something to help him sleep indica, og possibly. Also looking for a sativa dominant pain reliving strain so he can function he hasn't smoked since the 70s. He's a really good guy, he has had a lot of bad breaks since the accident. I know he is suffering from the opiates and hope that some great cannabis can give him some relief.

Thanks guys

packerfan79

Veteran
Thanks tribe, I was hoping to find something on the sativa side but not long running. Myuncle hasn't smoked since the 70s. Don't want him to become an indica zombie lol.I used to have a really nice j1 that finished in 9 weeks. It was really good for my back problems, only thing that really relived my back pain. I do not think j1 is available in seed form, and I refuse to take cuts from people. I never got what I was supposed to get, usually got mites and pm. Cuts don't enter my world anymore.

Cadfael

I like sour diesel for my joint pain. Still has the indica pain relief while not knocking you out.

I would look for anything with the epithet of "day time smoke."

Sluicebox

I recently ran some Bodhi medical he called Perkins Cannatonic x Good Medicine. I'm just now hearing back from others how it is really helping them. Easy grow big bushy beast, very sticky. Could have easily pulled her at 60 days, got greedy and lost a bunch to very heavy rains.
2 with FM and 2 with later stage Cancer as well as 1 with full blown AIDS are finding relief and appetite is stimulated. Good one for nerve pain/migraines they are saying.
As a matter of fact it is tops on their request lists of several strains all by Bodhi.

I have also heard good things about anything from him with Bubba shine in it.

The majority of his hybrids will finish in 10 weeks. Some even earlier.

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
My wife has Fibro. I will second that Sour Diesel is her second go to strain for fibro relief. Her number one was purple urkle, but that one is hard as hell to find.

Lately GG#4 and Sour Glue have helped immensely.

Sluicebox

Yes sorry that's what I meant. Indica/sat mixes. Vs either straight indy or straight sativa. All selected from different regions for their properties. I should have just said Strains. If I've confused anyone new to this, who are here looking for medicinal info. Most breeder's strains are a mix of some type.

No disrespect intended.

LostTribe

Premium user
Thanks tribe, I was hoping to find something on the sativa side but not long running. Myuncle hasn't smoked since the 70s. Don't want him to become an indica zombie lol.I used to have a really nice j1 that finished in 9 weeks. It was really good for my back problems, only thing that really relived my back pain. I do not think j1 is available in seed form, and I refuse to take cuts from people. I never got what I was supposed to get, usually got mites and pm. Cuts don't enter my world anymore.

Maybe Panama from ACE then I hear its great and quicker than most sativas as well as easy growing. Zamadelica on the other hand is a strong Lysergic type specimen.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like I said....a hybrid. Fibromyalgia is not just ONE disease.
•Joint pain
•Fatigue
•Depression and anxiety
•Tenderness and generalized pain
•Insomnia
•Inability to focus

Blue Dream. Harlequin. Cannatonic. Critical Mass. Tahoe OG. Granddaddy Purple. Girl Scout Cookies. Blueberry. Some are indicas some are hybrids.

Fibromyalgia affects patients uniquely different. Hybrids help with pain, off sets doldrums/depression.

https://fibromyalgianewstoday.com/2...-cannabis-strains-treating-fibromyalgia-pain/

packerfan79

Veteran
Thanks guys for your input. I will be looking into all the strains you guys have mentioned. Sour Desiel is a favorite of mine.Which breeder has the best SD? I have a pack of long bottom leaf x zero dark 30 I will be trying those out to.