What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Man with Parkinson’s uses marijuana for the first time — and the results are amazing

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Larry Smith is a former cop who lives in South Dakota. He’s had Parkinson’s for 20 years, which gives him symptoms including severe dyskinesia (uncontrolled movements), loss of voice and tremors.

Ride With Larry, a documentary about him and his extraordinary efforts to address his illness and raise awareness, has gone viral on social media—and it’s easy to see why.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=904_1481310526

Green Squall

I saw this yesterday. I hope this guy moves to a medical state. In South Dakota, possession of concentrates in any amount is a felony.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah, it's a good video, showing the dramatic change for the good cannabis has made to this ex-cops life.

Betterhaff

Veteran
That is good to see. But what’s really sad is the fact the US has a patent that was issued in 2003 that pertains to the uses/benefits of cannabis and it’s components to treat conditions like his. So for 13 years (or more) they just sat on it while people suffered(?) And also it being Schedule 1 doesn’t help with the possibility of any associated research.

Shame, Shame, Shame

From US Patent No. 6,630,507
PTC filed: Apr.21, 1999
Date of Patent: Oct.7, 2003

“The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention.”

Dog Star

Veteran
Ironic thing is that after a lifetime where you was trying to stop other use cannabis then comes time when you need a Cannabis...

Karma is a bitch.. for those that was hole life prayed to ultimate collective EGO,to power over other people,to be more righteouss than those that use cannabis happends those illness that is best cure those plant that they persecuted and rabies chased...

I liked those moment when i sees a shame in his eyes as i know he is a person that understand now... those policeman is now our brother,that is what i feel from this sincere video.

Illness comes from God,when we are ill than our EGO goes low... so with illness we have a time to learn something.. its like those apple on a tree that exchanges from sour to sweet one... time of ripening and confronting to pain,lowering ego and becoming so much better person... i love this ex-cop as a human being and wish him best and that goverment dont bother him now when he is ill and he needs our sacred plant.

Humanity need more cops like him... :sasmokin:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Thank you Gypsy for posting this thread. When he promised to protect and serve. I bet he never thought his service would be in this way too. I hope this will help expedite South Dakota's reform of laws. It will be more credible coming from a well respected law enforcement officer. Every legislator in this great country should watch this video. Thank you again Gypsy. Peace

brown_thumb

I've had Parkinson's since age 36 when the weird symptoms first began. Progression has been extremely slow for me and I'm not as bad off as that guy. But I've been researching treatments and cannabis seems to be the best option. Unfortunately, I live in a state that refuses to recognize the medical benefits of this natural blessing and the risk is extreme penalties for growing and trying to help myself. I'm doing it anyway because I can't find a better option.

Latest posts

Latest posts