What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Treatment For Veterans Forum?

ImFuct

Hey Mods! Is there anyway to get a Medical Cannabis for veterans forum??? I think it would be extremely helpful to veterans both members and guests. Opinions?

Please state symptoms and strains used, how many times a day and how effective the treatment is.

Thank You!

Last edited:

FishmanK

Survey: Cannabis Better Than Big Pharma Meds for PTSD
By Project CBD on March 08, 2016

xproject_cbd_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.VTHJOu--yR.png

LostTribe

Premium user
Hey Mods! Is there anyway to get a Medical Cannabis for veterans forum??? I think it would be extremely helpful to veterans both members and guests. Opinions?

Please state symptoms and strains used, how many times a day and how effective the treatment is.

Thank You!

Not too much conversation in the medical forum but believe that you should use this post or create a specific thread related to Cannabis for Vets here within the med forum as I am sure folks would benefit.

Best

LT

FishmanK

Not too much conversation in the medical forum but believe that you should use this post or create a specific thread related to Cannabis for Vets here within the med forum as I am sure folks would benefit.

Best

LT
tribe is on it w this comment, maybe a new thread and toss some bux to ICMag, I bet their server bill for all this posting is huge...
Im not a veteran, but I think all vets are owed a debt of thanks by those of us who are not

StayHigh149

I know 1 thing we can all do to help vets, even if your not a vet.

Go to NORMLs site & look at your local representative's scorecard. Contact them in reference to their vote on the bill that would allow cannabis to be accessed by vets with PTSD.

What I've found, just as an example in my state. My local reps voted yes for cbd oil for seizure disorder but voted NO to allowing vets with PTSD to access.

Gry

The VA is the largest user of opiates on earth. Any vet should have unquestioned access to cannabis .

ImFuct

I know 1 thing we can all do to help vets, even if your not a vet.

Go to NORMLs site & look at your local representative's scorecard. Contact them in reference to their vote on the bill that would allow cannabis to be accessed by vets with PTSD.

What I've found, just as an example in my state. My local reps voted yes for cbd oil for seizure disorder but voted NO to allowing vets with PTSD to access.

Thanks for the info! My state did the same thing!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Attended a legal focus group a few weeks ago dealing with a personal injury case. Was told if VA knows patient uses cannabis, benefits would cease. Sounds stark and can't find out if true. Any enlightenment would help.

I know there are Vet Grow Groups all over with chapters in many states, so that sounds harsh to deny benefits.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No criticism intended but what's the difference between cannabis treatment for vets vs. anyone else?

That's what I heard from attorney's on the case. Thus, posing the question, since I don't know. I know the client in question was not an MMJ participant.

Because the VA is a federal agency, doctors who work there might be reluctant to recommend marijuana. The federal government does not recognize marijuana as medicine.

The VA does have the discretion, in states where it is legal, to grant benefits to veterans who are also medical marijuana patients. But, this is carried out largely as a “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy and VAs in states where medical marijuana is legal but not widely accepted, might deny benefits to veterans who are found to be using medical marijuana.

The decision to use medical marijuana is a personal one, and should be between the patient and their physician. However, be aware that the stigma against medical marijuana use and the conflict between federal and state law might put veterans receiving benefits at a disadvantage.

We've given seeds to a local chapter of Vets Grow project, but that was before the legal focus group.

M

MCpeepants

Wrong

Wrong

Attended a legal focus group a few weeks ago dealing with a personal injury case. Was told if VA knows patient uses cannabis, benefits would cease. Sounds stark and can't find out if true. Any enlightenment would help.

As a veteran who uses VA care. You were informed incorrectly. It does not effect your benefits because you use MMJ. They actually do not care.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

As a veteran who uses VA care. You were informed incorrectly. It does not effect your benefits because you use MMJ. They actually do not care.
I know the client in question was not an MMJ participant.

Thanks for your response....I wondered that, too, but it came from 2 attorney's speaking....the fact the guy wasn't legal MMJ....still, harsh. Hoping they were mistaken.

I just know due to the Rx I have to take....any cannabis in my system (random testing), I have lost Rx due to cannabis use and had to change Dr's that would prescribe Rx....in Colorado.
Quagmire, yes. And I'm not veteran. Legal focus group in adjacent MMJ state.

angelgoob

My doctor checks my THC levels.

I am always telling her I am smoking less. Then with regularity she gives me the test and my shit's off the chart. Almost.

Thing about any medicinal use of cannabis, they think it addicts you. But all cannabis use is medicinal.

You want to change your mood. Do you use an SSRi and have more suicidal thoughts? Or do you turn to cannabis, the better one?

Dog Star

Veteran
Vets need to use hybrids,indica-sativa combos or THC:CBD 1:1 cannabionid profiles,

Ojd SSSDH cut was give me very nice type of ride,very pleasant in a head..
also less smoking and more edibles is a good thing to do.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.militarytimes.com/story/...ipped-veterans-affairs-funding-bill/86471448/
This article was first published at 2:37 p.m. on June 28.

"A provision that would have made it legal for Veterans Affairs doctors to discuss medical marijuana with their patients in some states disappeared mysteriously from the final VA funding bill last week, just before the House approved the legislation by a 239-171 vote.

But the measure is not completely dead, as a failure by the Senate on Tuesday to forward the Military Construction and Veterans Affairs funding bill for a vote provides an opportunity for the marijuana provision to be put back in.

The failure in the Senate to pass a procedural vote over a dispute involving funding to fight the Zika virus means the bill can be reconsidered after the Independence Day break.

Supporters of the medical marijuana provision hope they can get the measure, which would have allowed VA doctors to recommend medical marijuana in states where it is legal, returned to and passed in the final bill.

Eleven legislators, including 10 Democrats and one Republican, on Tuesday wrote a letter to House and Senate leaders urging them to reinstate the provision.

Lawmakers said the medical marijuana provision had “broad bipartisan support” and “should have been nonnegotiable.”

Let's see how 2017 pans out.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Because the VA is a federal agency, doctors who work there might be reluctant to recommend marijuana. The federal government does not recognize marijuana as medicine.
^ ^ This. Since cannabis is still federally illegal and the VA is a federal agency. Same reason why any university or research agency that receives federal funding is reluctant to do any research and trials. Part of the reason Dr. Sisley got canned from the University of Arizona (although part of it was probably due to the image and politics of it all).

This is what always gets my goat…if it helps, why not…or at least take the steps to find out.

angelgoob

Could be a good forum to talk about PTSD and dreams.

I fucking hate lucid dreaming. It's always violent and I don't even have PSTD. Really weird stuff. Cannabis helps.