What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plans to retire someday

Levitationofme

Yea, I would like to retire and hang out out west and grow weed for fun. Somewhere it is legal to grow personal stash.
It's time for a 5 year plan to get my arse out there.
The question is WHERE?

I do not have any plans to try and become a commercial grower so I don't need to worry about finding somewhere suitable for that.

My wife likes to be near enough to a nice downtown to not make it a hassle to have fun. I like fishing and Hiking when I can go. I love water. I can cook the hell out of fresh Trout
Oh yea something in an up and coming area so I might possibly be able to afford it.

How about some suggestions!
:ying:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ya that ^^^^ if I stay,, I might have to go back underground...but when they clamp down,, prices will rise again..and I will be able to undersell most places with ease.......cali has insane gas and electric prices too//...in san diego its now 24 plants and 64 square feet per person medicinal with 1lb in possession ...not so bad if you got 2 people or more...I can grow outside year round in sd...and am a caregiver for as many people as I need want...I got my bases covered..and san diego has the best weather ..not too hot never too cold....yeehaw

jbarsk8

ya that ^^^^ if I stay,, I might have to go back underground...but when they clamp down,, prices will rise again..and I will be able to undersell most places with ease.....yeehaw..cali has insane gas and electric prices too

I agree with you trout

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
..and san diego has the best weather ..not too hot never too cold....yeehaw

Here it's too hot half the year, and too cold for the other half. But the rest of the time it's just perfect!

Cali just got some rain and snow with the El Nino, but that probably won't happen again for another ten years. The new climate pattern is drought, but there does seem to be an increase in spring showers. But without the normal winter rain and snowfall, California is phuked.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
desalinization might become feasible in the near future for some....yeehaw...I tried to get a small unit and they wouldn't ship it as its not California approved WTF???????.. really ???..I finally got the electric issue solved lol 17,500$$$$$

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Move to California and get a Medical Recommendation..

Move to California and get a Medical Recommendation..

If you don't want to grow for sale, no issues.

L.A. County would be a good place to :party: investigate

squatty

I'm in a bit of an odd place right now. Portland, Oregon. Not that Portland or Oregon are odd, but that I will be leaving here soon. It became legal to grow here last summer and that has been incredible! At times I've looked out my window and cannot believe my beautiful plants are perfectly legal.

What is odd for me is that I will be moving back to Hawaii to retire in the near future where it is still illegal to grow unless you are a MMJ patient. I'm hoping things change in Hawaii before I get there.

sutra1

I'm in the process of moving to Santa Barbara. Used to live there long ago and scared and excited about going back. Like Stoned Trout's San Diego it is never too cold or too hot.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
too crowded

too crowded

I'm in the process of moving to Santa Barbara. Used to live there long ago and scared and excited about going back. Like Stoned Trout's San Diego it is never too cold or too hot.

But it is most definitely way too crowded !!

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd love to retire someday. It would have to be in a place where growing is legal. I don't want to have to worry about that risk when I'm retired.

The Bay Area is awesome, but there's no way I could retire here. An average (small) house costs a million dollars. One bedroom apartments cost $2500 a month.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Had friends going to UC Santa Barbara in the seventies..

Had friends going to UC Santa Barbara in the seventies..

after living in NYC and the surrounding area, ain't nothing "too crowded". I found myself a small house tucked way up in a canyon.

They sold pot on thier way through school, UC Santa Barbara. He got his degree in Electrical Engineering, she was a hippie housewife (forget her degree) They lived in Goleta.

I live in a small canyon with no through traffic:party: the city is not far away

Good Luck in your new place

St. Phatty

Well, now, this reminds me of why California needs a Hyperloop - for packages as well as cars ... to get the Pot from Humboldt & Del Norte down to the markets & distribution centers.

>> in san diego its now 24 plants and 64 square feet per person medicinal with 1lb in possession

The quality at the dispensaries must be incredible !!

As far as retirement, I have one friend who is in his 40's and actually works at an extract company in a management position. I tell people I'm semi-retired, I'm in my 50's.

Anyway, he has problems staying manically alert in the afternoons like is often needed in corporate jobs.

One approach is to medicate, e.g. testosterone, or e.g. 2 double expresso's.

I would say corporations need to be more accomodating to retain good talent. I'm going to tell him they should give him a La Z Boy for his office and encourage him to use it when he feels tired. So if someone comes in at 3 PM in the afternoon and he's veg'ing watching TV, they should just ask their question and let him continue veg'ing.

It may be related to why people play golf on Wednesdays.

Or everyday.

Whatever you do, DON'T COME TO COLORADO!

Awful cold/hot/windy/dusty/dry place with astronomical living costs and real estate prices. Lots of hippies too.

grayeyes

having gone to high school in Santa Barbara I can tell you there are no houses for less than $1M. Rent is high too. Growing legally is great. The farther you move south the longer the growing season is.

But at age 65 I am looking for a place that is a lot more rural and less town. I am tired of people breathing down my neck.

Latest posts

Latest posts