What's new

The 8'x8' Perpetual Dream...

CoralMafia

So guys and gals I am in the middle of setting up a 8'x8' Gorilla Tent. I am gonna be running 32 Cree CXB3590's to start off with and will be doubling that as funds are available. I will be using a HydroFarm Ebb and Gro system with a total of 16 plants being Scrogged with 4 in each 4x4 space or close to those dimensions. A few pics,

So that's an idea of what I have going, I also have a 4'x4' Gorilla Tent as well for Veg and Clones. So let the questions or comments roll.

CoralMafia

Well everyone I'll check back in after a couple months and update with the results. Maybe I should grow in solo cups and that would get some attention.

Nice looking grow. As for the solo cup idea, I think I'd try that one first with one before I committed my whole grow to that method. Solo cups are good for starting young plants and micro grows, such like that. Not to mention when you grow a plant it's whole life in one you are limiting whats available to it in every way. You have to micro manage every aspect constantly. Personally I'd rather grow in a 6.5 inch high 4X4 box full of soilless media than a bunch of cups that would give the roots much more room to grow and take up water and nutes from. Just my 2 coppers. But it looks like you are off to the right start and your baby girls look nice and happy. So do what makes you happy too. You will learn as you go no better teacher than experience. Have a good 'un man. Wolf

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The best part about COBs is they are modular so you can start small and work your way up.

CoralMafia

Hey welcome, well there is some people with interest,lol. Wolf I was just joking about the solo cup thing, I just notice they get a lot of interest,lol. But thanks for the comments they are appreciated. I actually just started gardening again after a 15yr hiatus so it's quite all new with all the LED tech and all. I was a die hard HPS guy and now I got Cree CXB3590's on the way, go figure. But I hope they work great I hope they make these ladies much fatter!

And Reiko your right about that, I have 32 cobs on order and as funds allow I will be adding another 32. I hope 64 will be enough for my 8'x8'. I want that baby to shine!

CoralMafia

The Cobs are finally here!! Yay!! So the heatsinks and drivers are on order, they should be here by Tuesday. Other than that I gave the ladies a trim and they are fattening up nicely!

klint

Veteran
Im now running on 390w Led for first time. I will See was IT worth or not :) bless brother

CoralMafia

I currently use a kind xl1000 that draws like 650ish watts and it's done really well so I am really excited to see what the cobs have in store for me. Anyhow keep me updated on your grow and maybe we can compare growth.

CoralMafia

So my fellow Blades I have finally accomplished the shift over to Cree CXB3590's! And I must say that I am in complete awe, if that's the word for it! I mean these things are just simply, amazingly, bright! I would of never thought they would be as bright as they are but I now see what the people in the know have known all along! Lol. Anyway here are a few pics of them in action.

CoralMafia

And here are a few flower pics, sorry not best of quality but when I download them they always look worse then they do on my iPad, anyhow here they are,
Cheese by Canuk,

Jack Herer,

SnowBud,

klint

Veteran
Hi CoralMafia. My plants are about one week now soo they just started. But its no problem for me to put a Photo to Your thread every couple of weeks.
The strains are:
3x TangoMango (blue monkey seeds) Holland
2x Silver blueberry haze (blue monkey seeds)
1x CBD AF-CBD TEAM (Spain)
All of them are fem. They are in 11L pots with atami lightmix
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts