What's new

CBC Strains?

justin1287

Does anyone know of a good starting point to start a CBC strain? I haven't found any labs that offer a search for CBC levels. I am also interested in THCV and figure Malawi Gold from Seeds of Africa would be a safe bet to find a winner. I'm guessing that I would probably have to go the landrace route for finding CBC as well. Does anyone know of a strain that has high levels of CBC? Thanks!

Donn

Well, this is not only web searching and not any kind of personal knowledge, it's probably not helpful at all if the seeds aren't available from normal sources, but since no other replies ...

apparently there's a Japanese fiber strain "Tochishi No. 1" that tests high in CBC.

Several more common MMJ strains showed up in web searches, but it seemed to me that this was mostly befuddled users having a hard time keeping the acronyms straight, or typing them in accurately, and in every case they really meant CBD.

I also saw some discussions of the pathways, and from what I could make of it, CBC level may be strongly dependent on harvest time. Maybe you can even get high CBC out of anything, harvested early enough. I don't know of much lab testing - Steep Hill evidently can do it; Analytic 360 reports CBC but, they also have terpene reports where the numbers don't look right, so I don't know for sure what to make of them.

30years

i just had this conversation with samantha miller, chief scientist with pure analytics. she told me cbc is only found in an isreali plant in flower form. you can find it in veg samples in many strains but only in trace amounts and so far only one plant has it maintain it into flower. very unstable but 10x better anti inflammatory than cbd. thcv is found in africans but the standard hasn't been released yet, maybe by june. any one testing for it right now does not have the govt issued thcv standard to calibrate the machine. lots tell they can but really how accurate is the test if the official calibration standard was not used.

ECtraveler

Veteran
Do you happen to know at what levels CBC starts becoming beneficial? Someone I know made and tested a 3 strain RSO that had CBC present (1.8%) and believes it to be from one strain because the other 2 have never had it present.

Donn

Just ran across this item, Cannabinoids in Marijuana. Wherein they get a story from Sunrise Analytical, which is an apparently rare case of a lab that tests for multiple cannabinoids, more than just THC/CBD/CBN. Sunrise says that where other labs are reporting CBD, what they're seeing is really a mix of CBD and CBC, with the CBC apparently predominating in many cases.

regseeds

i just had this conversation with samantha miller, chief scientist with pure analytics. she told me cbc is only found in an isreali plant in flower form. you can find it in veg samples in many strains but only in trace amounts and so far only one plant has it maintain it into flower. very unstable but 10x better anti inflammatory than cbd. thcv is found in africans but the standard hasn't been released yet, maybe by june. any one testing for it right now does not have the govt issued thcv standard to calibrate the machine. lots tell they can but really how accurate is the test if the official calibration standard was not used.

Wouldn't the israeli strain be Sinai? from Egypt, i have a few strains testing at around 2% cbc but nothing higher than those quantities yet

Other routes to achieve higher cbc strains but requires a lot of technical understanding

CannaZen

SoA may not be the best source for THCV. umm.. novarine from elite seeds has a ton of thcv, greater ratios of thcv than thc. It were bred from a thai and hybrid with lab testing.

Nexus7

Iirc CBC can be found in juvenile plants and also long-flowering plants that never seem to finish flower/ripen properly.

Peace

N7