What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

East Coast Sour Diesel S1

B

Bob Green

Dr Greenthumb, Dr Gruber, Dr Frankenseed. Why is it that everyone who posts a grow report for Dr Greenthumb must name themselves Dr XYZ? It actually makes me question the validity of the report.

I wish there were more reports from people without Dr in their name. I'm tempted to get the ECSD S1 from Dr Greenthumb, but it's insane at $30 a seed when anyone with a ECSD clone can make them...

The real question is how did DrG supposedly S1 the ECSD cut? From what I know from the Sour experts it just doesn't reverse. Ever wonder why all the LEGIT fem ECSD crosses use the SD as the mother and not the pollen donators? And if it's not the ECSD cut what is it? Reversed SD IBL? Maybe SD IBL reversed onto the ECSD cut?

$30-200 bucks per seed is a bit crazy too. But some people swear by his Sour D. To each their own.

FireIn.TheSky

The real question is how did DrG supposedly S1 the ECSD cut? From what I know from the Sour experts it just doesn't reverse. Ever wonder why all the LEGIT fem ECSD crosses use the SD as the mother and not the pollen donators? And if it's not the ECSD cut what is it? Reversed SD IBL? Maybe SD IBL reversed onto the ECSD cut?

$30-200 bucks per seed is a bit crazy too. But some people swear by his Sour D. To each their own.

There was a member here named Cabron and he claimed he got ECSD to reverse, he posted many pictures of S1s and they were all really nice.

From what I have seen on canna message boards sometimes myths become truth, like one guy comes around and says something is not possible, no one else ever tries it they just repeat what they read, so after so long the myth becomes the "truth" then when you counter the truth now you have to go to great lengths to convince people the old myth is just that a myth.

nomofatum

Rez was the main source saying it was difficult/impossible to reverse. It's entirely possible that it may be sterile, but it could also be that the plant doesnt respond to STS as well as other plants.

Unless Dr Greenthumb and the other limited S1 releases were all from other SD plants and not the ECSD clone, I'm betting I could find the stress method that works with ECSD.

I challenge anyone with a ECSD clone to give it a shot, and try multiple methods (heat stress, acids, CS, STS, ...). Or, mail me a clone so I can.
dance013.gif

B

Bob Green

All I am saying is name one verified vendor that has reversed the ECSD cut and SHOWED PROOF? Just one well known fem cross using reversed ECSD polled?

You think no one has tried?

nomofatum

All I am saying is name one verified vendor that has reversed the ECSD cut and SHOWED PROOF? Just one well known fem cross using reversed ECSD polled?

You think no one has tried?

Proof? I don't think I've ever had proof what a seed's parents actually were. With the exception of a small breeder who journals the breeding, there is rarely proof of anything. Even then, a journal isn't conclusive proof, it wouldn't be hard to swap out pollen or even swap what seeds you receive...

I can't wait to get the seed packet with DNA testing for paternity, lol.

I'm sure people have tried reversing ECSD, but the question is did they go overboard and try everything, or did they just try the standard STS/CS reversing techniques? Someone needs to go overboard and document the attempts.

highsteppa

Veteran
Cabby used colloidal silver for the chemd x ecsd. glad to have a few of these in the stash, they're on the short list grow

B

Bob Green

Proof? I don't think I've ever had proof what a seed's parents actually were. With the exception of a small breeder who journals the breeding, there is rarely proof of anything. Even then, a journal isn't conclusive proof, it wouldn't be hard to swap out pollen or even swap what seeds you receive...

I can't wait to get the seed packet with DNA testing for paternity, lol.

I'm sure people have tried reversing ECSD, but the question is did they go overboard and try everything, or did they just try the standard STS/CS reversing techniques? Someone needs to go overboard and document the attempts.

Guess I have to agree with all of that. :biggrin:

Where there's a will there's a way! :dance013:

HOVA

Veteran

Thats my keeper ecsd s1 in a 4 inch pot hardly any light or care

Im growing out my keeper ecsd s1 from dr g and even popped a few more beans of it just to see what there is to find
Ive grown the ecsd clone and it looks spot on to the ecsd ive grown
To me the price is worth it
The seeds came express delivery and the looked thick and healthy
Just saying dont knock them to you try them or u might miss something

S

sourpuss

200 bucks for 5 seeds... damn thats pricey!! Can you guys tell me how the flav is ? How gassy?? Pics on his site are amazing.... g13 looks crazy as well....

nomofatum

A friend of a friend in Oregon may be able to hook me up with a clone. Where in Oregon would you look/trust for the real deal clone?

right

I don't know , I might pay all that money if I can't get a real ecsd . Otherwise I'll have to bus out to Boston buy a motorcycle or a beater to drive my cut back out west. Way more expensive.