What's new

Chronic and spontaneous nausea

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Well i was feeling fine and than all of a sudden got sick to the point of vomitting and essentially couldn't move, just laying on the bathroom floor for around 15mins. The nausea happens more often than i hope and usually smoking gets rid of the nausea. This time its not doing anything.

I have acid reflux and the doctor said this was probably the reason i go through this but i'm starting to have my doubts on that. Usually when i get sick to this point, a migraine accompanies it and i'll be stuck until its over.

Does anyone else experience this? If so how do you deal with it? This has been happening for well over a year. Usually the nausea goes away after i throw up and smoke, this time i feel incapacitated.

Are there any strains that deal with nausea better than others?

T

texsativa

Well i was feeling fine and than all of a sudden got sick to the point of vomitting and essentially couldn't move, just laying on the bathroom floor for around 15mins. The nausea happens more often than i hope and usually smoking gets rid of the nausea. This time its not doing anything.

I have acid reflux and the doctor said this was probably the reason i go through this but i'm starting to have my doubts on that. Usually when i get sick to this point, a migraine accompanies it and i'll be stuck until its over.

Does anyone else experience this? If so how do you deal with it? This has been happening for well over a year. Usually the nausea goes away after i throw up and smoke, this time i feel incapacitated.

Are there any strains that deal with nausea better than others?

You think the nausea is related to the migraine, like a prodrome? Or cyclic vomiting syndrome? There was a thread in this forum posted earlier about CVS.

beejaybug

my friend had mild acid reflux, that turned seroius. she just had surgery last year to correct problems. she would have migranes from the pain, and associated with the reflux, so it could mean that your acid reflux is getting more intense. I am no doctor however, blood tests will show the levels rising or not so you need to go see a doctor to rule out anything else. Also, since you have acid reflux, you cant eat everything, there are definite foods that make it worse, and will make you super naseous, other foods are ok. your doctor should have gone over this with you. in general try and stay away from things that irritate the walls/ lining of stomach, strong stuff with lots of acid like: coffee, lemons/ limes, alcohol, other citruses anything that has a lot of acid. Also, yeast causes a lot of problems for people and nausea, it does for me, so cut down on breads, and no beer and wine if yeast is a big problem. Hope this helps!

slappyjack

I had morning nausea all of last year, and no I wasn't pregnant. It was mostly dry-heave yellow acidic liquid. Nasty stuff.

My solution? I started drinking much more water and yogurt. It was cured within a week.

Not saying that's your issue, but you might want to give it a shot. It can't hurt. Drinking lots of water cures all kinds of reflux issues without drugs. It's all about your body's PH level.

sparky73

I have Barrets disease which is a pre cancerous lining in the throat caused from acid reflux, i would always just puke for no reason at all sometimes for a couple days. I ended up finding the right pill after alot of years but no more puking, just scared to touch alcohol still hehe but that no big deal.

RockwellHG

I've experienced this as a part of my Crohn's disease, when I'm presenting symptoms gastritis and acid reflux are some of the side effects. I also have nausea frequently in the morning about 15-20mins after waking up. A few tokes is usually sufficient to dispel it. Depending on how my stomach feels and what I need to get done that day I will munch something medicated once the appetite kicks in.

I've tried some prescription anti-nausea drugs like promethazine, but they have never been very effective for me. Sorry to hear about your pain :(

M

Marywanna

UC and GERD for me. I finally got some Zofran and take it every 6 hours. MMJ helps alot.......but not all the way.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
I've experienced this as a part of my Crohn's disease, when I'm presenting symptoms gastritis and acid reflux are some of the side effects. I also have nausea frequently in the morning about 15-20mins after waking up. A few tokes is usually sufficient to dispel it. Depending on how my stomach feels and what I need to get done that day I will munch something medicated once the appetite kicks in.

I've tried some prescription anti-nausea drugs like promethazine, but they have never been very effective for me. Sorry to hear about your pain :(

That seems to be happening to me most lately. Now i see i'm not the only one who can't drink alcohol. I used to be able to drink but now only a little bit and i get sick. I usually find smoking a little bit helps.

Th migraines usually start as just a light throbbing slwoly intensifying until any sounds or light make things unbearable, than i guess my body associates nausea with it. I'm really starting to think its acid reflux, i never realized it could be like this but a lot of what many of you say i can relate to. Its just so weird how i can go from being perfectly fine running around to being sick like i was hungover. The only worse part is going from finally getting to sleep after back pain resides and than waking up because i feel sick, which sucks

i usually only drink milk and i eat lot's of yogurt and its been that way for a while probably because it helps me feel better. Maybe the calcium in it adjusting pH? Or just lining the stomach and esophagus.

Thank you every one for your response. I appreciate it, especially to see i'm not the only one in this position. Do any of you feel that eating Canna is better than smoking it when it comes to getting over feeling nauseous. I occasionally can make my own hash and that usually gets rid of the nausea within a hit or two from a pipe. THC is the one with antiemetic properties right?

M

Marywanna

Yes. But be warned to start edibles with a small dose first. Otherwise you could make your puking worse. I can't tolerate alcohol at all anymore.Migraine headaches are a curse to humanity.

uglybunny

I was diagnosed with acid reflux as an adolescent. It used to make me nauseous and puke all the time. It eventually got better after taking prescription antacids. However, the nausea came back every once in a while, most often waking me up early in the morning. Smoking usually helped, but never stopped the vomiting completely.

Well, flash forward to college and I start having recurring bladder infections. Eventually I'm diagnosed to with interstitial cystitis which happens to cause fits of extreme nausea. See if your nausea is triggered by any foods or drinks. If it is you might have a gastro-intestinal disorder or urinary tract disorder.

J

jaded1

Have had Gord(think spelling is diff in u.k) and bad back for years so i feel your pain.If you can no longer drink without being sick i would say it's reflux,had to give up myself a few years ago along with dairy,spicy and fried food.Was actually told by a consultant that smoking would help with the pain as it creates phlegm that coats the lining so when acid comes up it don't burn as badly but smoking or eating edibles alone won't help as much as prescription drugs.I take omeprazole which helps a lot but still get the odd episode.Also the vomiting with a bad back can be torture, all that retching always pulls something.

M

Marywanna

You can try Zofran. It's pretty strong,they give it to chemo pts. Thats how bad the puking has gotten for me. I don't know what the drug is called in the UK,but it's worth a try.Omeprazole works for a while,then gives me headaches,so I have to switch to another similar drug for a while. I am so sick of taking pills. One thing that helps me is the duff from my vape. I put it in capsules and take 2 of them. I think the charcoal and the small amount of THC left in the duff works. It isn't like I am getting any help from my Drs. Only one is MMJ friendly,the gastro Dr. just blows it off and told me "Pot is bad". Yet I can get all the Xanax I want............go figure. So I guess it's "ok" to get bent on Xanax,but not the god given plant.

J

jaded1

Yeah Zofran works but trying to get a doctor to prescribe it on the nhs unless your on chemo is very hard.Only times i've been given it is in hospital,otherwise all you get is metaclopramide or something else(cant remember the name)but both are useless.Manuka honey helps as well,have tried charcoal tablets and they help but create too much gas for me and an awful taste .

M

Marywanna

Here in the states it is easier to get,but it is mostly RXed for chemo pts,like you said. I am on Methotrexate injections now and will be starting Remicade infusions as soon as my insurance approves it. And I am scared shitless of ALL the immune-modifying drugs. All these years with UC and RA and I avoided it as well as the steroids. As far as I am concerned,the methotrexate didn't work at all for me. Dr says,"oh don't be afraid of Remicade". Yeah,okay then you take it. Great choices. I already got all my guts cut out, this was my last ditch option. I was hoping to be able to GET RID of some of the Rxs I am on,not increase them.

praisehim.

Veteran
big ballin, there was a study recently that linked, long time teen smokers and nausea. I've been smoking since before my teens and do agree that something triggers nausea in herb (not when smoking, but later). I usually get it in the mornings, so what i do is go exercise. I think its a mild withdrawal effect but im not sure. My good friend was in the hospital vommiting for 5 days for an "unknown" reason, which both he and myself believe had to do with pot.
i recommend exercise every single day.. you'll never get nauseous.

RockwellHG

Thank you every one for your response. I appreciate it, especially to see i'm not the only one in this position. Do any of you feel that eating Canna is better than smoking it when it comes to getting over feeling nauseous. I occasionally can make my own hash and that usually gets rid of the nausea within a hit or two from a pipe. THC is the one with antiemetic properties right?

Certainly, sorry I didn't notice your reply sooner :)

I like to smoke for quick relief. If my stomach is really bad and I'm able to have somewhat of a lazy day I will also do some edibles. The edibles do seem to kind of calm down my gut, and allow me to eat other foods more normally for the day. But I definitely have to smoke first just to feel like eating anything at all.

There is some positive research on THC as an antiemetic, I really think cannabis needs more attention for gastronomic disorders.

http://www.ukcia.org/research/antiemetic.php

I experience horrible nausea sometimes (well, mor elike the majority of the time) and my number 1 go to strin for nausea is dj short's blueberry at about 8-9 weeks into flowering. Breeder Steve from SOL shishkaberry (NOT cash crop ken's shishkaberry) was also really good for ny nausea.

My doctors have had me on so many different anti-nausea medications, none of them work. Zofran is a joke along with phenergran. At one time they prescribed me i nthe hospital 15 anti-nausea pills that were supposed to last me 7 days, the cost for 15 pills? $340.

I like to make little medicated lozenges and I use a honey oil extraction in it for the potentcy, as well as the nice smooth, floral fragrant smoke and vapor rolling about my toungue and into my lungs, it's pure heaven (smoking the honey oil) and I also like to make hard candies and before pouring the candies in molds I add the BHO, and by far, the bho hard candies and warm drinks I make from BHO are the absolute best. I like to make the lozenges peppermint flavored, it seems to help a little with nausea.

Latest posts

Latest posts