What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vegging plants=boring...

whodair

Veteran
spent some time in the vegg box today. i mention it because you'll almost always find me on the flower side!!

so i took some time to appreciate these tiny creatures, and these future monsters!! i took note of the strains:

soma nycd, its the most powerful smell and taste ever, and when grown oganically turns white

rez chemdd, chem pheno, frosty golf balls

heirloom sk#2. in the 80s it was a seedbank strain called sk#1 x creeper. mine since 92. reigning champion still

silver pearl x blueberry haze. really wild smell. not devastating enough. or i grew it poorly. headin for the bin sad to say.

g13xhaze crosses i made off the skunk and diesels. got tons of seeds i made like that. prolly wont clone these. just wanna see them.

chemdd crossed to my sk#2. very interested if i can pump some yield and potency into the chem, 1980's style.

el monstre f2 freebies. not from this site. jackberryxbluekronic

a mystery seed. one of my cups sprouted 2. i only planted 1. seriously, i didnt plant it.

because my veg box is so ignored, it actually does really well. i just dont water them much and not too much food. less is more!!

100% clone survive. i always take extra, they all survive, i pop some seeds, get gifted a clone, and end up waay too much in vegg!! some of the clones were even taken on the day of harvest. was gonna let this chemdd spear pheno go, but i chopped a branch when taking her down, and it threw roots. gonna take a bit that one to revegalong.

this is under a 4 bulb t5. vortex 4 inch w filter keep in fresh inside. do t5's hang vertically?? how??

i treat and handle them roughly, i am no gentleman in the garden. i slap and shake em, whatever...transplant day gotta be hell for them!!

so if you're having time with clones and veg, try leaving them alone. its difficult, but sometimes ignoring them works best!!
picture.php

so if you're having time with clones and veg, try leaving them alone. its difficult, but sometimes ignoring them works best!!

i'm a very new grower but i'm always hearing that! I guess i'm just afraid to take that advice cuz i'm also always hearing that it's such a high maintenance plant. :-/

whodair

Veteran
the tempation to fiddle with the plants is great i know. since my veg is t5 floro, the need to water is minimal. the need for me to be in there moving shit around is zero.

slappyjack

As soon as I figured out how to properly do LST, vegging became much more interesting. It's no longer just a techinal procedure for me, it's an art. LST isn't about manhandling the plants, it's about working with them so every budsite is happy.

As of right now, I enjoy veg as much or more than the first few weeks of flower. Week 5 and up is my favorite period.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i hate vegging...lol

whodair, what does that skunk smell like? whats the high like?

whodair

Veteran
i hate vegging...lol

whodair, what does that skunk smell like? whats the high like?

skunk smells super piney, but its very low odor grow. it has a great head high for a dense indica. the buzz is stronger and longer lasting than the diesels...

bred in the age of potency and yield!! 50 days!!

Latest posts

Latest posts