What's new

Heavy Stone for Stress Relief?

indifferent

Veteran
Hi guys

Without going into too much detail, I'm so stressed about the deteriorating medical condition of a loved one that my stress levels are as high as they can go, spent most of today in tears sadly, just a physical manifestation of the huge stresses i am feeling.

I need some herbal valium, something with a total knockout punch to the body and a shutdown effect on the brain.

I've tried a load of indicas and never found much that was like that, Herijuana was perfect but I can't seem to get hold of the cut I had again, I selected it from seed and gave it out and it's still about and being grown but I can't find anyone who will give it back.

So I'm looking for a seed line with the same qualities and need something that is almost guaranteed to produce those kinds of phenos as i need this for personal medicine asap and don't have time nor space to go through landrace indicas looking for the right plant.

So over to you guys, what are your suggestions? Yield would be nice but not critical, main criteria is purely potency and effect, taste is irrelevant.

Also, I need some info on cannabis tinctures for chronic pain relief. Close relative has no disks in half of their back so is getting immense pain from the bone on bone situation, same thing in both their knees and hips, strong codeine makes them ill, TENS machines do nothing, gels and pastes to rub on have little effect, pain is constant and almost unbearable. Would an indica tincture rubbed on to the knees, hips and back alleviate the pain a little?

ColBatGuano

As far as I understand, exogenous cannabanoids (from external sources) act mainly on receptors in the brain. This is especially true of THC. The receptors which exist in the other organs respond mainly to endogenous cannabanoids (produced naturally by the body,) and exogenous CBD. I would say that rubs and tinctures would only be effective if they could be absorbed through the skin and carried to the brain. I would think it unlikely that they would be effective. There are people who claim anecdotal evidence that they are effective, but then there are anecdotal claims that magnets can relieve pain.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
I know a guy who fell 5 stories and he swares by purple kush for pain releif. I also agree with him, i have fibromyalgia and my mom has migranes and it is ok for them also. It's the purple kush going around BC in all our dispensaries. Could mail you some seeds if need be??

indifferent

Veteran
Sounds very interesting, not familiar with the BC PK, is it related to the other BC Kushes? I hear some of them like the Tuna are awesome.

Will definitely be sending you a Pm to discuss further! Thanks for the info.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
the Tuna are awesome.

Will definitely be sending you a Pm to discuss further! Thanks for the info.
just gotta mention that Tuna is always kickass but never the same. Tuna is famous because it comes in a tuna can. Dude has a canning machine. If you get some Tuna you paid top for it but it is always good. Its the tuna myth lol

indifferent

Veteran
According to reef there are two Tuna cuts, one being a killer Kush type, I think that's the one that comes in the cans. I know it's very expensive from things others have said, bet that guy with the machine keeps that cut tight, must have made him a fortune over the years!

I googled 'BC Purple Kush' and the first result was this post on rollitup.org from a guy in BC, he sounds like a young un and not very experienced, but his description sounds just like the PK is the type of strain I need.

I'm from BC, and here where im from it seems theres only 4 types of weed.
theres the one that everyone smokes, and is like 70% of the weed here
purple kush and everyone loves it because its so strong.

Ive been smoking for 3 years (im 1 and i got introduced to purple kush 2 years ago. before that the weeds i got were weaker, much much more sativa dominant. i don't know one person from here who doesn't think purple kush is the best weed around, But i'm like the only one who doesn't like smoking it.

its acually wayy to powerful, like every other type of weed i can hotbox a car with 6 joints between 5 ppl. but with purple 1 or 2 joints between 2 or 3 ppl and im finished. Lol i dont understand how people like it, cuz its so heavily indica everyone immediately gets tired and goes home seperately and eats. me and my friends got 30$ worth (quarter ounce) and only ended smoking like a a quarter of the bag out of a water bong. and we were all so fucked everyone went home and 1 person puked cuz he got too high.

and i sat around at home watchin movies like borat laughin my ass off. but it ruined my day cuz i was high and didnt wanna move do to the high indica percent for about 8 hours. it was strong shit lol.

aanother night i smoked a quarter of an ounce with a few friends of sativa dominant weed and we all still hung out..

Now i had never smoked weed from anywhere from BC, and i went down to cali to visit my cousin. and he had always told me how great the weed was and how fucked you get. So i arrive at cali, and we go to buy a bag. we pay 70$ for a quarter ounce??? like wtf??

so after all these storys and these HUGE prices, i expect the weed to be spectacular. we smoke a joint, and i feel slightly lightheaded and relaxed.. and he was goin on about how fucked he is and how he told me about how great it was.. and i acually thought he was jokin, and was like lol is this joint like the scraps or sumthin.. lol get out weed out. and he has a straight face and is like what are u talkin about.. well we smoke another joint, and its mildly effectin me, but he's completely fucked somehow..

compared to the moderate to me sativa dominant strains in BC, this stuff was about 4 times weaker. and it felt like those 2 joints were like half a joint between us. compared to the kush id say about 8 or 10 times weaker.

I think purple kush from where im from is too powerful and isn't something you wanna smoke if you want to do anything.

but is other weed really that much less powerful?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know where your coming from. I have so much stress in my life right now that I cant sleep and my back pain is so bad the Narco has little effect. The only thing that works is Ativan 6mg this will put you in la la for the night guaranteed

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I suggest not to use something as a coping mechanism. you know why something is hard, because it's meant to be, through the storm you learn, not the calm.. do as you wish though

HASH GORDON

Ice Cream: Paradise seeds.

Works like a benzodiazapine......you literally won't give a hoot what's going on. Won't fix the world's problems....but will make you care a helluva lot less about everything...and it should make you grin.

Give it a whirl bro.

Sorry to hear about your loved one....I hope things work out for both them, as well as yourself.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also, I need some info on cannabis tinctures for chronic pain relief. Close relative has no disks in half of their back so is getting immense pain from the bone on bone situation, same thing in both their knees and hips, strong codeine makes them ill, TENS machines do nothing, gels and pastes to rub on have little effect, pain is constant and almost unbearable. Would an indica tincture rubbed on to the knees, hips and back alleviate the pain a little?
Indifferent..sorry ot hear of your issues, I think the members here have some good advice for you with the indicas..as for your relative, ouch, this sounds very serious, I am a sufferer. There is some tincture info in Grannys thread, a sticky at the top of this forum. If you search our forums there are many tincture threads, I myself have no experience with tinctures . I get relief from my spine issues with heat, hot tub, heating pad, laying in the sun when it is out...long winter here, there are some good infarred diathermy lamps and treatments you might Google those. Mj might help them keep thier mind off the pain, keeping your mind busy is very important in dealing with this. Good luck my friend, we feel your pain..DD

indifferent

Veteran
I'm afraid the hip, knee and back deterioration is inoperable, hip replacements etc not an option. I have heard that tincture rubbed into arthritic joints works but they were talking about knuckles, wrists, this is deep pain so probably won't work.

Weed helps me a lot though, but I have issues sleeping so need to change genes and find some things more sedating.

Sarcasm

I'm from BC, and here where im from it seems theres only 4 types of weed.
theres the one that everyone smokes, and is like 70% of the weed here
purple kush and everyone loves it because its so strong.

Ive been smoking for 3 years (im 1 and i got introduced to purple kush 2 years ago. before that the weeds i got were weaker, much much more sativa dominant. i don't know one person from here who doesn't think purple kush is the best weed around, But i'm like the only one who doesn't like smoking it.

its acually wayy to powerful, like every other type of weed i can hotbox a car with 6 joints between 5 ppl. but with purple 1 or 2 joints between 2 or 3 ppl and im finished. Lol i dont understand how people like it, cuz its so heavily indica everyone immediately gets tired and goes home seperately and eats. me and my friends got 30$ worth (quarter ounce) and only ended smoking like a a quarter of the bag out of a water bong. and we were all so fucked everyone went home and 1 person puked cuz he got too high.

and i sat around at home watchin movies like borat laughin my ass off. but it ruined my day cuz i was high and didnt wanna move do to the high indica percent for about 8 hours. it was strong shit lol.

aanother night i smoked a quarter of an ounce with a few friends of sativa dominant weed and we all still hung out..

Now i had never smoked weed from anywhere from BC, and i went down to cali to visit my cousin. and he had always told me how great the weed was and how fucked you get. So i arrive at cali, and we go to buy a bag. we pay 70$ for a quarter ounce??? like wtf??

so after all these storys and these HUGE prices, i expect the weed to be spectacular. we smoke a joint, and i feel slightly lightheaded and relaxed.. and he was goin on about how fucked he is and how he told me about how great it was.. and i acually thought he was jokin, and was like lol is this joint like the scraps or sumthin.. lol get out weed out. and he has a straight face and is like what are u talkin about.. well we smoke another joint, and its mildly effectin me, but he's completely fucked somehow..

compared to the moderate to me sativa dominant strains in BC, this stuff was about 4 times weaker. and it felt like those 2 joints were like half a joint between us. compared to the kush id say about 8 or 10 times weaker.

I think purple kush from where im from is too powerful and isn't something you wanna smoke if you want to do anything.

but is other weed really that much less powerful?[/i]

This juvenile cretin sounds more like he's into meth than weed anyway, so I wouldn't put too much stock into it.

As for the spine pain, I like Doobieduck's recommendation of heat. And, yes, plenty of indica to smoke.

Unfortunately, though, with strong indica, you have to be careful of depression setting in from overuse. I think a rather tricky balancing act between sativa and indica may be your best bet.

God Bless you, my friend. Please stay posted.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
My... Indifferent, sorry to hear about you loved ones pains, and yours too. I have big problems with my back too (according to my doctor, some of my lower vertebraes will end up welded together, eeesh...
Anyway, having never found a smoke that would help me (that's because I haven't tried enough strains only) I've always relied on opiates so I can't help on this. I'm on to order a pack of Herijuana IBL so I can give it a try next grow session.

About yourself, may I suggest you Sweetseeds' Moham Ram ? It's a cross between a black domina & white widow. I have one plant going at the moment, that is to be cut someday this week. Last week, on a day I was feeling very very depressed, I decided to sample a bud. Even though it was quick dried and therefore lost a lot in the process, it took only a few hits to elevate my mood to a lasting very positive one. Another smapling a few days later produced same mood-uplifting effect. Can't wait to try it dried and cured !
just a physical manifestation of the huge stresses i am feeling.

I need some herbal valium, something with a total knockout punch to the body and a shutdown effect on the brain.

Aren't you sad and worried, rather than plainly "stressed" ?
Don't knock-off your feelings bro, if you have to cry, then cry all you can rather than retaining the sadness inside you.
Keep the heavy indica for bed-time so you don't spent half yournight thinking and worrying, and take a mood uplifting smoke for day time. Just my 2 cents...

hmm, after all you're not so indifferent, eh ?

As for the spine pain, I like Doobieduck's recommendation of heat.

Carefull, heat can make people feel better, but with others it can worsen the pain.

Irie !

For mood elevation and help with pain I really like Golden Goat. It is an indica/sativa hybrid. When I am feeling stressed out, sad, anxious I smoke a bit of the golden goat and the pains melt away and it is a nice uplifting giggly smoke with unique flavors. Sometimes I medicate with too much indica and it can be a really depressing feeling, a bowl of golden goat and I'm laughing and giggling and feeling social.

As far as heat goes, it can greatly help with pain, but it is not for everyone and not for every type of pain. My chiropractor actually uses an ice pack when I am having spinal pain, it's kind of uncomfotable to have an ice pack instead of a heat pack, but after the ice has been on for 15 minutes it gets pretty numb, and then I get up off of the table and then I hear my spine cracking and popping everywhere and get relief. Sometimes using heat can make the pain worse, for general sore muscle pain heat works well, but for skeletal pain a cold pack might be a better idea.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
indif....chemd is the kinda herb that melts stress away...at least for me...peels it off like an onion...it leaves me unmotivated to do anything else, which is the downside, but sometimes its a trade off worthwhile. good luck to you and yours....sub

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Of the limited strains I have tried Northern Lights was the best night cap. I all together stopped growing it because during the day it would leave be constantly zoned out which sounds like what you need. Of the hundreds of varieties I've tried that I didn't grow, few have ever left me so confused and in a blissful state of nothing. The pheno I had took a good 14 weeks to mature so maybe that had something to do with the effects. Simple advice I know you already know, but don't forget to take them when their predominately amber. I'm pretty sure as others have said THC is not what you are after and the problem with that is in general that is what people rate a high from. Strains bred for THC might be done so at the expense of other chemicals that would be more beneficial to you.