What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Missouri medical marijuana bill is introduced

K

Kola Radical

A bill to permit Missouri citizens with valid medical prescriptions to benefit from the use of marijuana without fear of criminal prosecution has been filed by Missouri Representative Kate Meiners (D-46, Kansas City). House Bill 1670 would place the issue before Missouri voters in November of 2011. A growing number of Representatives have signed on as sponsors, more support than for similar legislation previously proposed. Rep. Robert Schaaf (R-28, St. Joseph), a physician, is among the supporters. In a previous session, when the bill had only Democratic sponsorship, Speaker of the House Ron Richard failed to assign it to a committee.

Missouri MMJ bill introduced
:dance013:

j6p

Missouri MMJ Bill 1670

Missouri MMJ Bill 1670

The Missouri MMJ Bill would allow patients to grow their meds, if I understand it correctly. Click here and then scroll down to the bold print to read it.

V

vonforne

I was born and raised in Mo. This bill will never make it through. The people are too closed minded for this currently.

Remember the picture at the Hemp Museum in Amsterdam? It has a 1979 picture of a man who is my age that got the longest term for the least amount ever. Like 1.5 grams or something. He was from Columbia. He did 20 something years for that.

It is nice to hear that they have made it far enough to propose it but with the voters being so Meth scared and conservative it will never go. And the people of Mo. lump all drugs into one group so.........Pot islike Meth to most of the population.

Good luck though.

daytimetoker

prop 1670

prop 1670

hey all,
thanks for posting this kola,as this is a subject close to my heart
i live here,and suffer from debilitating depression.
been on all the usual meds,but only cannabis ever makes me feel well enough to function normally.
what can i do,how can i help to get this bill passed?

rambone

daytimetoker, you can start off by contacting your congress person, right a well thought out letter outlining why medical marijuana is beneficial to you

slappyjack

KCMO and St. Louis wont be a problem.. Problem is, most of central Missouri is basically the "South", it's pretty backward and backwoods.

If this somehow passes you wont have to worry about the feds, but you'll have to worry about corrupt local cops stealing your crop and blackmailing you.

candice

Columbia, MO has already decriminalized it. I think this bill could pass eventually if southern missouri catches on.

I believe if it's put on the ballot for a vote by the people, it has a good chance of passing. Contact your state reps Show-Me stater's!

D

DJXXPLATINUM

i think if the state can see the financial benefits they will pass it......dj

K

Kola Radical

When it passes in Oklahoma, then we will have won.

The narrow minded, inbred, fascist, states will go down kicking and screaming.

Missouri is a liberal playland compared to Oklahoma. I lived there for 25 years and I won't even drive thru that shit hole anymore.

Flying Goat

And the Southern Steam Roller gains momentum...

And the Southern Steam Roller gains momentum...

Every little bit helps, Missouri. Alabama is fighting like hell & we have a bill to be re-introduced in February.

Alabama is fighting for patients' right to grow up to 12 plants plus 24 seedlings/clones for their own used, in secured (lock & key/alarm) locations, with the right to possess 2 oz. cured material, with the right to possess an additional 36 oz. in a locked & secured freezer.

Now, if that isn't reasonable, I don't know what is...

C'mon, Confederate Tokers, let's get this done for those who come after us.

Peace, out.

KolorBlind

Straight from NORML:

Missouri: Patients will congregate at the state capitol on Wednesday, February 10, to meet with lawmakers in support of House Bill 1670, which seeks to legalize the medical use of marijuana.

That is TOMORROW! Lets all hope it goes well, and that the frightened misinformed population of anti-mj minds is at least reduced after this. I am a realist, and I know Missouri all too well, this will simply not happen....not now anyways.

But one small baby step toward our goal is still one small baby step more than Missouri has ever had (aside from Columbia). That has to mean something. Get on the horn people, tell everyone you know that this is up for debate and to write their state reps and congressmen/women. If we win over the midwest, the rest will be history.

Peace
KB