What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guide: A complete, cheap DIY CO2 injektion system!

trogg

What are those valves you are using? I am going to try this with some sort of plastic containers, but cant seem to find that type of valve cheap.

That is pretty frickin cool! The CO2 displaces the water and forces it out of the submerged container. If too much CO2 is produced, it will bubble out under the lip of the container (this is the emergency release). Once the timer opens the valve, the water rushes back in the container, pushing the CO2 back up through the tubing and to the plants. The weight of the water produces a constant pressure. That is Awesome and simple.

I also suggest brewing your own beer or wine. "Craigtube" on YouTube.com has a video called Super Simple Wine making and also easy beer making videos. I made some wine from 100% grape juice and it was pretty good. Plus it doesn't contain sulfates. Gallon of juice, 2 cups of sugar, alittle yeast, an airlock and you can have some kicking alcoholic wine in no time.

You could also distill that mix after it finishes fermenting. That is a lot of alcohol that just needs to be seperated from that water.

bonghopper

This is genius man, what yeast culture is it? I never thought there was a way to get Co2 into the smaller and even micro grows. This should be a sticky, I would love to see more of these on the go.