What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Welsh Growers Thread

Solidopc

Am i the only taffy in the house here? I know we don't have our own section like the scots or english, so is that because there are buggar all of us?

I want to know about growers in the land of our fathers, and any elite Welsh cuttings there maybe. I heard before there was a Blue Ice cut that was really good and from Wales, but have never seen any grows of it, nor know if it's still about.

I'm searching for mothers with every seed i pop. Trying to fly the flag for thge Welsh crew! lol

We need to get some elite Welsh cuttings spread about the place, and if i can even find 1 worth it's salt, i'll be a very happy man.

If there any other Welsh growers out there, let us know what you're growing and if you're on a mother hunt. There's some real good growers in Wales i know, so hopefully we can put our little principality on the mnap weed wise with some excellent mothers.

As lonestar said "Every elite cutting started with popping a seed"

You never know what you're gonna get. So lets crack on and find some Welsh grown winners. :jump::jump::wave:

E

edgey

i live in wales m8 but english through and through :)

besides if the area i live in is anything to go by the mum stock i already have is about the best in the area :) :)

Solidopc

You out in the valleys or nearer the cities? There is alot more going on in the cities, but people are paranoid, and there isn't a culture of sharing the herb really. Most growers are just commercial growers out for the biggest yielding, fasyesy flowering plant they can find, regardless of quality.

I've got a few mates who grow, and we swap amongst ourselves, but seems like there are alot more people all hooked up england, sharing the good stuff and having a good time. I want to go to one of these uk hemp expos or the uk 420 cup thing, and met some of the growers i speak to here, cos none of my mates bother with all the computor/reseaerch bit, and just grow how they want to grow.

I've got a dream of finding a wicked cutting and nicknaming it something welsh sounding, lol. I'm a dreamer i know, but i've missed out on a few mint plants allready cos i didnt take cuttings, and lost another 2.

E

edgey

You out in the valleys or nearer the cities? There is alot more going on in the cities, but people are paranoid, and there isn't a culture of sharing the herb really. Most growers are just commercial growers out for the biggest yielding, fasyesy flowering plant they can find, regardless of quality.

I've got a few mates who grow, and we swap amongst ourselves, but seems like there are alot more people all hooked up england, sharing the good stuff and having a good time. I want to go to one of these uk hemp expos or the uk 420 cup thing, and met some of the growers i speak to here, cos none of my mates bother with all the computor/reseaerch bit, and just grow how they want to grow.

I've got a dream of finding a wicked cutting and nicknaming it something welsh sounding, lol. I'm a dreamer i know, but i've missed out on a few mint plants allready cos i didnt take cuttings, and lost another 2.

i'm just off the a55 m8 , denbighshire area . :)

i was going to the dam in april but just cancelled it and putting the ££££ towards a proper hol . there'll be another expo on soon enough i presume .
it's all crap here and apart from the odd bit that someone brings in from elsewhere .....

it is nice to have a select few waiting for my crops to come in though lol

Scrogerman

Veteran
Theres a few about born n bred, count me in. Im Always on the hunt for something special,
My stable cuboard is bare atm, but nothing lasts forever.
G'Luck Taff.

Cymru am Byth...

Scrogerman

Veteran
http://grow-expos.com/uk/

there u go m8.....i'll be seeing you there and see if i can top what i came away with last yr :)

edgey

Edge man, i gotta catch you on this one, ive been waiting to hear something. Count me in on the free sample bonnanza!
What you got last time was rediculious, but someones got their head screwed on lol!(av u got a pic?)

How many grow expo's are likely to be on this year man(worth going to)?

E

edgey

Edge man, i gotta catch you on this one, ive been waiting to hear something. Count me in on the free sample bonnanza!
What you got last time was rediculious, but someones got their head screwed on lol!

haha trick is to park close , get there early and an extra pair of hands is handy . between me and the mrs we made 3 trips to the car last time and could of easily done another 3 trips , i wasw only there for 90 mins lol

i'd love to find a nice little outdoor spot this year to try a few plants this year but wouldn't know where to look locally :(

Scrogerman

Veteran
haha trick is to park close , get there early and an extra pair of hands is handy . between me and the mrs we made 3 trips to the car last time and could of easily done another 3 trips , i wasw only there for 90 mins lol

i'd love to find a nice little outdoor spot this year to try a few plants this year but wouldn't know where to look locally :(

LOL, ill be there at 8:30am.
Guerilla grows are cool, gets you out n about & can be rewarding with the right strains, ground preparation etc.
I wanna another crak at it myself this season. Railways lines, Rivers, usually harbour small overgrown hollows, where no people go, or to the hills.

Cheers Guys!

B

Buffoonman

Some of the strongest weed I ever smoked was grown outdoors in Wales. It was some sort of Thai skunk cross. He was an older bloke that had been working on it for years. I think a lot of it used to end up in Nottingham. Not seen him though fo 20 years. Must see if he's still about.

Aardwolf

Blue Ice was 1 of the 1st clones I was gifted it was said to be of duch origin but from the the welsh wizard on a late night motorway drop off from the valleys its tip top smoke and yields massive some of the first weed I smoked that I knew had been grown locally was blue Ice I can picture its cola now dominating the cupboard and making the cheese look small when I had smoked that and the cheese I was enlightened from that day. DocLeaf has some pictures I seen in the uk clone forum he's got or had everything but its long gone from here now now,,

I can remember in veg and flower it retained its symmetrical shape ,

I'm a Welshman! :D Originally from the SE...

Only ever grown cuts from beans i popped myself though...
(Tell a lie, was given two cuts of Pukkas Sirius Skunk about six years ago!) lol

Don't know of any other growers round here either...Probably a lot more where i used to live.....

ETA.. My best mum is a really stretchy 10 week sat dom... (unknown genetics) I've never tasted or seen anything yeild like it!
Rushy warm faced giggly high from her too.....

bigwity

Veteran
i love the welsh man,

goldie lookin chian lol
dirt sanchez lmao
howard marks
tom jones
solidrops
the list goes on,

what i most love is evry man that drives a tracktor in wales has to be ginger with big ears, either that or it was the same tractor i saw going backwards and forwards.

the valleys are so lush.

Hehehehe... Liberty Caps are like a rite of passage, coming of age for us Welsh I always think LLP mate.....
I'm in a pretty good spot for them too. :D

If you want to be Welsh dude you're in!

@Bigwity.... where were you staying in god's country mate? That Tractor driver sounds like a North Walian to me..... lol (I only get the ginge in my beard.....)

Scrogerman

Veteran
LLP, your in, that would make you 50% Welsh ime, & you would be eligible to play for our National Rugby & Footie teams etc on those grounds. Thats good enough for me. Gotta luv those Welsh Mushy's, melted my brain on the things lol!
Dont know about you BWitty, A Ginger Bollocks, id say you 50% Viking lol!hahaha, Na your in Witty just because you wanna be lol! Alot of Celt blood has that Ginger/Red trait! Thats good enough for me too.

btw, Ive sampled what was being termed as 'Blue Ice' in my area of Wales, but from what i gather it was a Purple Pheno of ICE that was being passed around here, it had a strong Blue tint to it rather than a Purp tint from what i remember, im not saying it was the same plant your all refering to idk, but i do know it was killa strong/potent, a very metalic purp bite to it & fuel like, very tastey smoke indeed. Last i saw of that plant was around 04 iirc.

G'Luck all! 'Rep & Karma to all Taffs!' Happy Vibes Cymru!

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blue Ice

7253blueice.JPG

peace n leeks