What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smelly Proof bags?

Anyone got any experience with these bags? Are they dog resistant?

No dealing or anything involved in my questions, just in case. The police in my area are getting 15 more dogs this year, and I already have a rule against smoking or rolling in the car(smell stays or if a lil bit drops) but my paraphernalia still stinks and of course, the weed, if i get sniffed.

I'm thinking maybe two smelly proof bags with a layer of ozium in between? hell, i'll even put a ibt of carbon in there jsut for kicks, haha.

Dogs scare me. They're the one thing you can't lawyer up on. You can't bullshit them outta finding shit. You can't invoke procedure to them. Once you get the dog call, you're basically fucked. Unless of course the dog is an unreasonable amount of time away, which with 15 dogs, isn't likely. :-( HELP

Tokermon

take a dog with you or scatter some dog fur around your car to throw any potential sniffers off the scent. well it works according to that don't get busted dvd.

blackone

Veteran
Well as always with bagging you don't have to worry about what's inside the bag, but what's on the outside.
If you handle weed then handle the bags then it doesn't matter how good those bags are - it won't help you :)

Rollin Face

idk about drug sniffing dogs but ive put 40g's in one of those bags and had it out in a room and never put off a smell.

where can i find the not get busted dvd? i've heard that mentioned on various sites.

i know every single trick for humans. but dogs, damn, odn't know shit. all i know is i've gotten a hit when i used a "clean" shirt and "clean" pants(they were hanging in the closet, but i smoke in my room).

and yeah, i know about that. Do you think spraying them down with ozium on the outside would work? I know ozium chemically neutralizes odors by latching ozone onto the volatiles, but what if dog's noses still respond? how about wiping clorox disinfecting wipes on the outside?

or i could just make 10% solution and carry it in a lil spray bottle, but what if htey decide to call that a weapon? I say this because htere have been cases of acid burnings here and they've adopted the MO of sometimes calling that a weapon.

dammit, i hate dogs. i wish i didn't have to drive so much to get places.

Last edited:
G

you dont smoke in the car, just transporting your bowl and some weed to smoke elswhere?

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I have used the glad zip lock brand, that claims to have no smell get through them, triple bagged them, and had the weed in my freezer and still was able to smell it coming in the door

I personally don't think there is any such thing

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Dr Dog said:
I have used the glad zip lock brand, that claims to have no smell get through them, triple bagged them, and had the weed in my freezer and still was able to smell it coming in the door

I personally don't think there is any such thing

Barrier bags work perfectly, "aluminiumised plastic" that you iron shut. There are different grades, you see them used in packaging electronics or for fresh fish.

devilgoob

Veteran
Dogs will alert to small amounts of smell.

If you smoke a joint or smoke from a pipe, the smoked is splashed on your hands and then when you handle the bag....youre infected!

So wash up with iso alcohol before hand.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
blackone said:
Well as always with bagging you don't have to worry about what's inside the bag, but what's on the outside.
If you handle weed then handle the bags then it doesn't matter how good those bags are - it won't help you :)
that's 100% correct.......
bag it once & wipe down that baggie with a kleenex, then wash your hands, draw 2 more fresh bags out of a box & double bag it with clean bags & hands.
Use the nicer Zip-Loc with the 'Double Zipper' seal.

Also on the Never Get Busted DVD was using fox urine as a K9 masking scent, it's about $8.00 at any Gander Mountain type of store. Use it on the outside of the car so that the dog is distracted from the get go, spray it on tires (dogs hit on tires from habit) and at door jams & trunk jams where officers usually instruct dogs to scent.

I've been K9'd twice both times while holding small amounts 1/4oz.+/-, both times the officer just went around the perimeter of the car because I had my own dog riding with me. Thanked the officers for my speeding tickets both times and drove away.......

G

all this just to take a bowl and some weed to a party? popo doesnt call out the dogs for no good reason bro, jst a traffic stop aint enough

G

^the dude said he dont smoke in the car, dont even roll joints in the car, no weed smell goin on so if he gets pulled over, the cops are going to call out drug sniffing dogs, why?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Poopsie said:
^the dude said he dont smoke in the car, dont even roll joints in the car, no weed smell goin on so if he gets pulled over, the cops are going to call out drug sniffing dogs, why?
How bout gettin' pulled over by the K9 patrol twice like me? Simple as that, somebodies gonna have a dog in their car & they make more stops than the avg. hiway patrol just because he's got K9.

I don't do shit, but that doesn't mean people around me don't either. It's not an option where i live. Every friend i have is plugged into the underwolrd in some way or other. Same reason i'm freaking paranoid about letting anyone know i know about growing or about carrying large or small amounts of weed.

Poopsie Until you've had your nuts squeezed to give someone up, don't you dare have the gall to tell me what cops do and don't do. I've taken my slaps and I've paid my dues. If i'm still free, it's because I know what cops do and why they do it. I'm not asking you for advice to avoid the dog(which you didn't give, just chided me for being careful), i'm asking for advice on how to prevent him from hitting on anything. You seem to be getting a bad rep rather quick...

To the fox urine guy, they probably don't sell it here, as there is no game to hunt, and def no fox at all. However, i could order it online.

BUT... let's say i have a spot near an area that is usually searched(it's the only concealed interior space in the car that is easily reached, and it's still obvious if you know the model of my car). Would a hit with the fox urine in an adjecent but separate area prompt a thorough destructive search of the entire area or just the specific point of interest? I've never been through a car K9, only on foot(see what i mean now about the area i live in, sh*tsie?).

Right now all is good and i'm keeping my nose rather clean compared to business as usual, but going through life like that beats the reason i smoke(to keep my doctor from insisting i take xanax or others for my panic attacks). He knows i smoke and only beef he has is that i do it socially too, but this isn't a medical zone, hell, here everything marijuana related is a felony, and most offenders are caught with one or two one gram baggies of schwag... (again, get why i'm careful sh*tsie?)

G

you could be causing your panic attacks and anxiety, having to live your life THAT paranoid can't be good for head bro. Maybe if you cut out all illegal shit, you may not need xanax or weed, or move, but I be damned if id live like that.

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
I once read somewhere in order for it to be smell proof from a dog, it has to be triple vacuumed(sp) sealed with a clean bleach/water wash in between each seal, and obviously you cannot have handled pot at all, must wear gloves, etc...

However those smelly proof bags work pretty well for the human nose... no idea about a dog, I think the dog would still smell it.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Poopsie said:

Are you totally clueless?

Its called prior convictions and unless you know the entire rap sheet of every person in your car then be prepared to deal with someone elses past let alone your own.

G

verite, the OP had already answered my question and I replied with the following:

Poopsie said:
you could be causing your panic attacks and anxiety, having to live your life THAT paranoid can't be good for head bro. Maybe if you cut out all illegal shit, you may not need xanax or weed, or move, but I be damned if id live like that.

now you want to try and follow the thread?