What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

heeeeeeeeeelp meeee!!!!!!!!!

jdigga

hey how is it going i am currently growing some masterlow rate now and they are not doing well i germed them paper towel method and now the are bareley growing after the germing i put them in a
1 part peat soil mix
1 part perlite
and two table spoons of bone and blood meal.
they are growing under a 65 watt cfl for now
untill i get my 150 watt hps set up
they have a purple stem that is really thin and lanky
i wonder if i over fert them, they are in 1 litler pop bottles for now
and about three days old on has two leaves that are really curled in and the other one has nice leaf structure but only with the two single leaves after the round starter leaves.
if any one could help that would be great.
sorry no pics so far.

G

now this should be in the in the sick plants section if more answers are desired......

so you said the stems are purpling and lanky? how far are your lights from the plants, ventilation, cab temps?

im not sure how quickly those organic mixes are available but from what i remember, they're readily available, so i'm not sure that starting the seedlings in a ferted mix was a good idea. I personally wait til the 2nd or 3rd set of true leaves to even begin my 1/4 strength nutes on seedlings but thats with synthetic GH ferts and not with organic so possibly a whole different ballgame there. seems like a lot of fertilizer for such a small container though.

good luck!

megatrom

Yea, I don't use any food til the plant tells me. The plant will talk to ya. It's easier to recoup from too little fert than it is from too much.

mega

emmy75

2 tbsp of blood and bone meal. damn i surprised your havent burned your plants.

i agree with megatrom and tankgirl wayyyy too early for ferts.

the seeds have enough to keep them going for a couple of weeks perhaps.

i am organic grower and i suggest u can some worm castings.

G

Flush the plants with straight tap water and give them straight tap water till you see the first true leaves. Then add nutes at minute amounts.

Hope it works out for you.

Peace

Blackvelvet

For one thing, your soil mix is too acidic. Peat moss has a ph like 4 something which plants do not like.

Mix 1/2 gallon (2 liters) peatmoss + 1/2 gallon perlite + 2 teaspoons powdered/pulverized dolomite lime. Mix really well. Wet good. Carefully transplant your seedlings into this. Water again.

It's best to add ferts in your water rather than adding them to you soil mix at planting. So skip blood and bone meal.

Advanced tip: You can provide your plants with sulfur by adding 3/4 teaspoon powdered gypsum per gallon of soil mix along with your lime. Mix well.

Good luck growing and Howdy icmag! :wave:

G

I always let my mix set at least 2 months befote using, especialy if blood and bone meal are added. I would gently wash all soil from roots and put them in some good potting soil with 25% perlite and 25% worm castings, dont feed for at least 2or 3 weeks, use quart or smaller pots for first couple weeks.

jdigga

i have another question i bought some seeds and have been putting them in the fridge my power has benn going out every now and then will this temperature change
harm my seeds.?

G

jdigga said:
i have another question i bought some seeds and have been putting them in the fridge my power has benn going out every now and then will this temperature change
harm my seeds.?
Nope. If you leave the door to the fridge closed during the outages, the temp shouldn't change that much.

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts