What's new

glass honey oil

jdigga

hey i was wondering if any body knows how to make glass honey oil the kind that stays hard like a chunk of amber if anybody could help that would be sw eet :wave:

DailyTHC

break up COLD your buds ( i grind them).

Place in a bowl and cover with COLD 90% ISO and as soon as your done covering your green with the cold ISO, pour it through a coffee filter. I do ONE quick wash. Throw awash your alcohol soaked weed in the coffee filter. I don't mess with any of the others.

Boil off the ISO on a double burner on low so the hash doesn't start to deteriorate due to heat. I pour mine into a nice ceramic plate and place it on top of a pot of simmering water.

Scrape with a razor blade. When I perform my extractions this way, the oil I scrape up hardens on the blade after I scrape it up. If I try to 'peel' it off it shatters, so I use another clean blade to separate it.

I often times will do really small runs with less than a quarter of dank. You can get a decent return, but it really is all about quality with this tek.

I have tried this with nice indoor, commercial outdoor, sugar trim, and schwag. Whole nuggs, even commercial, will produce an amber chunk style oil. So will the trim, but with regs it is usually a nasty, dark oil that looks similar to a dark ink.

Last edited:
G

Hashmasta-Kut said:
use buds and butane. works every time.
What he said! I stumbled upon this guys method like 2 yrs ago on OG and thought it was complicated and never thought I'd have enuff buds to spare for it. Well its not complicated and I got more than enuff now to make so I did for the 1st time last month. Came out perfect and I was f'd up like I was in middle school again :headbange . Now I just need to find out how to get one of those little chubbler things with the inverted bowl and I'm good.

How the hell do I get one dude!!!??

And thankyou! You showed me the way LOL :joint:

jdigga

what do i use a honey bee extractor or can i make something from home could you show me a a cheap way of doing this i hate runny oil

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
calyxlover said:
What he said! I stumbled upon this guys method like 2 yrs ago on OG and thought it was complicated and never thought I'd have enuff buds to spare for it. Well its not complicated and I got more than enuff now to make so I did for the 1st time last month. Came out perfect and I was f'd up like I was in middle school again :headbange . Now I just need to find out how to get one of those little chubbler things with the inverted bowl and I'm good.

How the hell do I get one dude!!!??

And thankyou! You showed me the way LOL :joint:

What he said that he said!

Newport White butane cans only IIRC, in the UK anyway.......the friend I learned this from was just putting the second butane can in to 1M of copper central heating pipe when it went BAANNNGGG ! Not so much as a mere fleshwound to show on him, but it did grenade a honey oil pipe full of fuzzy bud bits all around his backdoor area....in a small Victorian cottage, 4ft from the fence...4ft from the neighbours back door......as they sat outside having a smoke cos the baby was inside...

G

jdigga said:
what do i use a honey bee extractor or can i make something from home could you show me a a cheap way of doing this i hate runny oil

go buy a stainless steel turkey baster. Should be plenty around if you're in the US cuz of GOBBLE day coming up soon. I got mine at a nice cooking ware store. the kind with the threaded end and needle to inject marinades is great. Just break off the needle and take off the bulb pump and its ready. Now just stuff the thing (not to tight but full) of dry(drier the better) nicely broken up(not powder) herb. Throw a reg old coffee filter over the large end and fasten it. I used elec tape and worked fine. Inject the butane(3x-5x refined only the good shit about10-12oz per wash) through the little end into the tube and out the filter into a pyrex baking pan. NO FLAMES AROUND!!!!! have some hot water( not boiling but HOT!) in a pan bigger than the pyrex so you can use the hot water to heat the pyrex and help evap the butane. After injecting all the butane thru and collecting the liquid butane with trichomes in it set the pyrex gently in to the water for evap. takes about 3-5 min have a fan to blow the gas away and gone! Once evap the dish will have a layer of goo that a nice razor can scrape up. Its messy if you aren't careful and that stuff aint cheap so be careful. Smoke! Oh and hold the baster with an oven mit cuz you'll freeze ur hand off if not :joint: . GL If it sounds complicated it isn't but its a process and typing it out makes it seem longer and more dif than actual.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i bet the electrical tape added a bit of glue to your oil. maybe not, but maybe, and thats not a maybe you want to have probably..

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
Baster rig

Baster rig

Hey, heres pics of my baster rig, I use a piece of SS kief screen on the bottom w/ a hoseclamp as well as a coffee filter piece inside that when doing some butane. (Not present in pics)

A pic is worth 1000 words... :rasta:

Peace

(NM the piece of leaf stuck on the oil, it was windy the day I made that batch. Pic was just one scrape of many...)

G

Hashmasta-Kut said:
i bet the electrical tape added a bit of glue to your oil. maybe not, but maybe, and thats not a maybe you want to have probably..

I dont think so. I'm gonna get a hose clamp tho just in case. 1st wash(2 cans) was some comercial Purps. It tasted like pure purps(grape candy) and was very amber and translucent in color. Then I ran a wash of my WW and it was more caramel looking but tasted of the Widow! Lemony brutal skunk...mmmm. Almost too hard to describe the Widow but thats the best I can do.

I'm gonna refine the method a little. I was just in a rush and was overly exicited so I used the elec tape and until I use otherwise and compare i cant say yea or nay to it being absorbed. But good point O honey oil guru.

Now how can I get an inverted chub!!? Please.............."MAN.....I'll suck ur :redface:"(movie quote) okay okay maybe not but please! Maybe I can make one? :joint: I got to get more efficient with the oil if I'm gonna be washing buds away for a razor or two of GOO lol Does your Sis ship? Prob not but oh well. Maybe I can find a glass blower that can do it.? (heavy thinkn time....oh boy this is gonna hurt)

G

MoeBudz^420 said:
Hey, heres pics of my baster rig, I use a piece of SS kief screen on the bottom w/ a hoseclamp as well as a coffee filter piece inside that when doing some butane. (Not present in pics)

A pic is worth 1000 words... :rasta:

Peace

(NM the piece of leaf stuck on the oil, it was windy the day I made that batch. Pic was just one scrape of many...)

i saw some mesh screen on ebay of SS and said to myself now thats the shitznit and here it is!!! Had a micron rating and everything. I figured you wouldn't even need a coffee filter with 1 maybe 2 layers of that shizle. Anybody want to comment on that? Nice pic dude. Exact same thing I got cept for the stuff I'm now getting. remember I copy to flatter :joint:

How much bud/trim you running per wash? I can fit like 14 but its a TIGHT fit and I try not to pack it too much but have it be solid with no spaces.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
jdigga said:

Check the link in my signature.

I have made rock hard oil using trim but yes you have a better chance of hard oil with buds. Remember "trash in trash out"

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
calyxlover said:
i saw some mesh screen on ebay of SS and said to myself now thats the shitznit and here it is!!! Had a micron rating and everything.

Yes stainless screen is included with the tubes i make, that's all i ever use. I use a 120 lpi stainless which is about 117 micron

G

Chiefsmokingbud said:
Yes stainless screen is included with the tubes i make, that's all i ever use. I use a 120 lpi stainless which is about 117 micron
So if I'm reading this right no coffee filter disk either? Just the mesh. And where do you get ur SS mesh? I saw the stuff on ebay and I think those are very close to the numbers I was looking at.

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
hey, I never measured what fit in the tube, I was using trim. Just shoved 'er in till full and nicely packed - not too tight, not too loose. Then sprayed 1 large can of colibri thru per tube.

I also use a piece of C. filter, but with such a fine screen, I imagine it's optional...

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts