What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GRATEFUL DAWG'S SMOKE REPORTS

G

gratefuldawg

Sup all..been way to long since I've been here. Finally got a new computer, and a camera cable. Thought I'd share what I've been puffin on as of lately.

First up we got the SFV OG KUSH..(bout to change my aviator, definitaly not a lifer. That's until my wish comes true, and I get Ograskals OG :headbange )

The good: Taste and smells dank, only had 1 other kush (bubba), but it has that distinct kush smell and taste.

The Bad: Takes forever to root, can suck up all the cal/mag in one night, gotta be prepared for the take off, bag appear and crystal production is average.

Appearance: 7
High: 6, picked it a little to late I think
Taste: 8
Smell: 8
Overall.. 7 out of 10

Next up we have the Strawberry Diesel, this was a lone survivor after I traded 5, gave a couple to some friends who ****in let them die! This is the one that made it.

The Good: Amazing bag appeal, Chunky ass heavy yielder, pretty decent high, easy to grow.

The Bad: Where's the Smell and taste!, man O man do I wish I had those 10 seeds to find a stinker, I know if I found this beauty from 1, there's some hidden gems out there.

Appearance: 9
High: 7
Taste: 6
Smell: 5
Overall: 7 out of 10

And last, but definitaly not least...Chocalate Diesel, I'll try and get a better pic soon(this one doesn't do it's justice), I'm down to little nuggets, she's been goin the fastest, and is my favorite. Thank you to a special someone for this one, probly one of the coolest, most down to earth peeps I've ever met. A true gem to the cannabis community

Appearance: 9
High: 9, can't stop smokin it, little ass fast flowering sativa plant
Taste: 9, sweet like chocalate
Smell: 9, same as above
Overall: 9.5..nothin bad to say about it.

Thanks for stoppin by, you all seem way cool, and I think we should all have one huge smokeout sometime.
:rasta:

Last edited:
G

gratefuldawg

Here's a better choclate diesel pic.

That's probably the biggest bud of it left, and it's about to be up in smoke.

G

gratefuldawg

Thanks bro. Pretty sure it's Chocolate Trip x Sour Diesel. I'm not quite sure, but it's leans toward the chocolate side for sure, not much diesel goin on. The smell during flower is straight chocolate, and the high is straight sativa......ummmm

bopper

Hi gratefuldawg,

Thanks for the reports and pics. The info about choco diesel is particularly welcome. :cool:

As I recall, Choco Diesel was a cross by santasmoke from CW of Chocolate Trip and one of rezdog's Sour Diesel creations. Two or three different cuts were reportedly about, but we only had a single test run with one of them, before it was lost in the shuffle. By the time the herb was cured, it was already missed.

Our cut also originated with one of the coolest, kindest characters in the canna woods. It was quite clear that we didn't optimize the choco diesel in our single effort, but it was also clear that the cut in question was very light yielding. Any info about your choco diesel and its cultivation would be cool, as we still hope to find it again. :rasta:

Best,

bopper

G

gratefuldawg

wmass said:
chocolate diesel must be ill! when four nines average 9.5, you know yr laughing. thanks for the report. :headbange

9.5,lol. I'm stickin to it..3 9's is 9.5 :rasta:

Bopper, it wasn't a huge yielder, stays pretty small and thin, but real bushy. I'm also doin the moonshine mix, and not to worried about yield. Just me, my ole lady, and a couple moochin friends.

G

Good honest report!!

Like the part about,WHERE'S THE SMELL......
SHows how alot of BULL fly's around sometimes??
WISH they had smell,like the breeder claims it does?

Good grown nugz and pics!

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Great report man, you have my curiosity peaked to try that Chocolate Diesel. Keep up the great work!!!

B/R

G

gratefuldawg

Thanks all. Lougrew, I found this lady out of 1 seed, I'm sure there's some stinkers out there. I'll be adding some new strains in a couple months or so.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great report

gratefuldawg

that choc diesel sound very good by your descriptions

Cool reports and pics!

chocoD looks good, looks like one of these pheno's:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=54012

this one in particular:

20370d1.JPG

heres a link to my smoke report on it too if anyone wants some more info, id post it here but its buncha stuff and this thread already has plenty of good info in it!
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=61452

I still have the choco D a few phenos if ya in cali..

-stb!

bopper

Hi Sauron,

Thanks for the detailed report in the referenced thread. :cool:

As we mentioned above, we only had one type of the Choco Diesel and it was a light yielding, but very fine smoke. We didn't get the opportunity to optimize it before it was lost, as we were fumbling around with the incorporation of coir into our organic soil medium for a few grows.

We lost quite a few interesting types around that time, including Blowfish S1, Shipwreck F1, Choco Diesel, Sour Diesel and Bubba Kush (katsu, I believe). We still have some seeds of the Blowfish and Shipwreck, to be started as time and space permit.

Although we've recently had access to several varieties of "elite" clones (things seem to have improved a bit for the bay area med community), the Choco Diesel is still fondly remembered. We keep hoping that it will be available again. :rasta:

Best,

bopper

If you have access to the bay area clubs, I am up there near monthly and could drop off some cuttings at a dispensary for you to pickup later. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a small brokering fee for holding the clones for ya, but would alleviate most all security issues if ya like keepin the weed-web-life separate from personal life.

the pheno you mention sounds familiar, one is lighter yielding and funkier smelling with a strong spice to it that i havent seen too often. The high is also much quicker onsetting and can give you the cold sweats in large doses. The other has a stronger diesel smell, higher yield with denser colas, both of them are good yielders but this one borders on good for commercial growing as every bud site develops into a nice bud even in low light conditions on the bottom of the plant.

have a good one!
-stb

bopper

The pheno of Choco Diesel we grew was described as the best of one pack, if memory serves, by the kind character who found it. He said that it was so light yielding that most had probably tossed it on that account. It resembled the Sour Diesel (East Coast we believe, with high calyx/leaf ratio) which we grew at the same time, but thinner buds with a complex, delightful fragrance and effect. We'd welcome the opportunity to grow Choco Diesel again, either the one we know or her fine sisters :D

We appreciate your generosity and discretion. My wife and I have access to any bay area club which accepts current OCBC cards. We'd take the brokering fee as a minor inconvenience in the light of your kindness. :cool:

Best,

bopper

sounds good to me, ill fire ya a PM next time i head up that way with some cuts and we can figure out where to take em.

I remember a character going by Skitty over on cw years back, he was passing around his selfnamed pheno of it and quite a few people put out some big chunky nugs, remember one specific pic with a cola shadowing a one gallon milk container. Ive got a pheno similar to that, and a lower yielding one, however I have found that with longer veg time the lower yielder will catch up in weight, but it still takes longer to get there. The heavier pheno can be run in sog or scrog at anytime with good results.

stay safe!
-stb

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
That Strawberry Diesel didnt have a smell weird o_O
I like your honest opinions, and thanks for the smoke report, I gotta get my hands on some Chocolate Diesel!