What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kif storage?

Big Eggy

Veteran
When i bang my grinder on the table at home i get about enough Kif to make a 2mm ball of hash... i normaly collect the dust up and just put in the joint.... But if i kept saving it untill i had enough to make say 1-2 grams of hash what would be the best way of keeping it, (Airt tight container in the freezer?) or is it not worth saving due to the amount of time envoled. Would it degrade or would the freezer keep it fresh? or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance.

eggy

Lucky420

from my experiences kief doesn't seem to go bad, at least not for a looong time. I've smoked kief thats been kept in a plastic baggie for months and it was as good as ever.

Vapour

The Herbal Gerbil
I keep mine in the ziplock baggies used for seeds. Just a small one that goes under the glass in my stash box. Keep it dark and dry and it will keep for ages ( year old kif still gets you high! ). Once i've filled the little bag i usually have a gram or two out of it and roll it in my palm to get some nice finger hash. Failing that it makes a great garnish to anything you get from the oven, add it in just before cooking and expect a very calm 48 hours.

booboy

I've had a wooden jar full of keif for over a year now and the stuff still makes me drool. The top is tight fitting but not air tight. Just keep it from heat and bright lights. Peace from the swamp

King

Bottles

Bottles

I picked up a few small glass bottles from my local head shop(pipe store). They're typically used for cocaine, but work awesome for keif. I got four total, two different sizes for like $4.00. They are clear cylindrical glass with a black screw on cap. I could keep about 6-8 grams in them. You could even pick up the spoons that they'll sell right next to the bottles. It's really cocaine paraphenilia, but again it works great for scooping some green goodness, for the top of a bowl. :D

jdigga

well i use to keep them in a film bottle and then put it in the freezer
but from my experience i found out every time you grind up some bud in the grinder bang the crystals every time you roll a joint if you leave in the grinder it will wind up falling back into the herb.

G

I've been using this little ceramic box for a while, it keeps my Kief cool and doesn't let in any light. up until a few days ago I had about 6-7g's of crystal (eyeballed). I've had so much that I can't close the lid. I'll try and get some pics of it up soon, I'm really proud of it

Latest posts

Latest posts