What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drying?

G

Thanks for the help guys. I thought about a coffee grinder before. I'll give it a try next time. Peace

U

Uncle Hughie

I use the into the Freezer method to remove access moisture..
it works a treat..

when i do a run..i place said hash into freezer on a plate....after a while the water will lie on top of the hash wipe it off and there ya have it!..helps no end
But if you are in the Jungle ..lol then listen to ST TEFLON LOL , Bro JOKE ..
PEACE!

U

Uncle Hughie

well i could Probably say that it might depend on the temp of the freezer!

lol.......
ok ..some say they have left it in over night .......but if u squeeze it enough you shouldnt need to place it in there more than 1 hr ......
checkin the hash for water settling on top .
Peace!

jdigga

well what me and my homies do we let the hash dry for a day and then we break it up finer with our fingers crumble the patties and each day break them up and then you will get a nice powder.
also remember to dry your hash on cardboard it soakes up most of the moisture better than paper.

ilife

Do not "bruise the fruit"

Do not "bruise the fruit"

If you do not "bruise the fruit" by squeezing the water out of your wet resin, you will be able to break it up into powder form, very easily. If you absorb the water out of your wet resin by placing the bag on top of a shami you will be able to harvest the wet resin with a plastic credit style card. Then you can place the wet resin you harvested from the bag onto a drying screen. You can use a folded piece of paper towel to absorb the rest of the water from under the drying screen. Then you will be able to break up the wet resin with the plastic style credit card. Take the time and break up the wet resin every half hour with the plastic credit style card. As your resin drys it will be easier to break up . You want to make sure to break all the resin up within the first few hours, before it gets to dry. With this method your resin will be dry within 24 to 48 hours.

iLiFE

Last edited:

hilldweller

cure.

cure.

Hey I, does the h2o need to escape the patty by doing this or is this a method to speed up the process,do you recomend this tech. ea. time? :rasta: :headbange

ilife, those pics are beautiful.

Can you give us a pic of your starting material, or some info. on amts for purposes of comparison? I imagine it was beautiful starting material and lots of it to make that!

KT

[edit]

Not to hijack the thread, Shmokin... my .02 is that it doesn't need to be crumbled fully to be good. I wait til most of the water is manually drained out the bag, then spoon out the wet hash onto a 73u or 25u or whatever piece of silkscreen (my bags came with some) fold it over, then place folded screen inside folded kitchen towel and roll with rolling pin. Then on cardboard to dry for 24-48 hrs. Always seems to work fine. Does my method "bruise the fruit," ilife?

KT

Last edited:

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
any form of pressing, like your use of the rolling pin is indicative of bruising the fruit, as you crush gland heads with such pressure.

ilife

Kilgore_Trout said:
ilife, those pics are beautiful.

Can you give us a pic of your starting material, or some info. on amts for purposes of comparison? I imagine it was beautiful starting material and lots of it to make that!

KT

[edit]

Not to hijack the thread, Shmokin... my .02 is that it doesn't need to be crumbled fully to be good. I wait til most of the water is manually drained out the bag, then spoon out the wet hash onto a 73u or 25u or whatever piece of silkscreen (my bags came with some) fold it over, then place folded screen inside folded kitchen towel and roll with rolling pin. Then on cardboard to dry for 24-48 hrs. Always seems to work fine. Does my method "bruise the fruit," ilife?

KT

Here is the material before the water-extraction. Small Mexi-dutch buds stored for a year. The extraction looks good but was not very high-quality resin in the end.

Anytime you press wet resin it is "bruising the fruit." In your case using the rolling pin. Why would you do this? Try just letting the wet-resin dry out on the 25µ screen without using the rolling pin. Make sure and break it up into powder form as best as you can in the first hours of drying. Otherwise you will end up with big dry chunks that can stick to the screen.

The perfect resin is in powder form and can easily be pressed by hand into a nice shiny amber piece of resin. This piece of resin will SNAP at the break. Making a very distinct SNAP, that can even be heard in a crowded bar.

iLiFE

Last edited:

Dr. G

i press it between a screen to get all moisture then sit infront of a dehumidifier the hash is done in 8 hrs about

ilife

Dr. G said:
i press it between a screen to get all moisture then sit infront of a dehumidifier the hash is done in 8 hrs about

When you press it what does it do? Crumble? Show Photos. Have you stored it for long amounts of time without opening it?

iLiFE

Dr. G

ya kinda but i half to break it up with a cc i try not to squeese it too hard but i just break it up real good on a paper bag then sit it in front of the de humi and then i leave the jaropen for 24 hrs just incase but ya it crumbles into powder if i dont press it

3chomes

I've also followed iLife's instructions on drying and it works like a charm.
Again, remember to never squeeze the water out, as you're only squeezing the water into the resin.
I let mine sit on an ss tray for a couple days and then leaving it that way in a sealed container or grind it into fine powder after with a coffee grinder.

G

ilife - thanks so much for your drying method. i really like it!

tracy

Thanks for the tips also ilife. I'll try your method next time, as I certainly don't want to do all the work of growing, harvesting, curing, bubblebags, and then blow it on the last step! I'm sorry that your gear doesn't smoke as good as it looks. I bet it's still pretty good though, at least for amateurs like myself.

KT

Latest posts

Latest posts