What's new

Gas/Oil Prices

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why going up like this, so the Saudi's can pay for the military purchase and finance a war or?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I just inherited a bunch of mineral (oil) rights in Oklahoma, every time the barrel price goes up I giggle a little bit, it makes a huge difference in my checks.......

I thought w/the discovery of that huge Bahrain oil deposit that prices would be dropping, just on that news itself, but I was wrong.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Gas prices always go up this time of year. At least around here.

yup. they go up in spring regardless because the gulf refineries are ALL down and doing "maintenance". odd coincidence that. then, when summer actually arrives, it goes up because of "anticipated demand", also known as "because we want prices to go up". if people did not GO ANYWHERE for vacation one summer, do you think prices would drop because of "lackluster demand from consumers" or rise because "we want yer damn money" ? :tiphat:

Medfinder

Chemon 91

I just inherited a bunch of mineral (oil) rights in Oklahoma, every time the barrel price goes up I giggle a little bit, it makes a huge difference in my checks.......

I thought w/the discovery of that huge Bahrain oil deposit that prices would be dropping, just on that news itself, but I was wrong.

Israel and Iran have much to do with this rise in crude oil.

Venezuela is bankrupt looking for an deal to start refining.

as more american OIL shale companys come out of chapter 7 bankruptcy their may be more production in U.S.

https://www.oilandgas360.com/oil-and-gas-bankruptcies-climb-to-more-than-16-billion-in-2015/

TODAY...
Many U.S. shale producers that filed for bankruptcy have recovered ...

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3267986-many-u-s-shale-producers-filed-bankruptcy-recovered

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
its so strange to me to see different societies approach to a problem. in north america gas prices seem to have no ceiling. they say you are going to pay this much for gas and no matter how much that is we just pay for it and scowl, and possibly complain to your wife. in 1999 gas tax in jamaica took a significant jump in price and the residents essentially just shut the entire island down with rioting. highly fucking effective. within a couple of days prices went back to normal and so did life...

CosmicGiggle

Veteran

There is one serious problem with making money from oil interests and that is the FACT that it's hard to enjoy your new-found wealth as the realization starts to dawn on you that your good fortune automatically comes at the expense and suffering of hundreds of thousands of others somewhere else in the world. :tiphat:

........ not that I begrudge anyone with oil interests as oil has been down the toilet since 2014 and those folks can use a boost!

............ and with this new USA embassy BS the price of oil could skyrocket, Republican presidents are always good for oil interests.;)

MrBungle

The prices came down when Obama signed that nuclear deal... They suddenly went back up after Trump ended the Nuclear deal... just connecting dots in space

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:laughing: ...... those dots can be traced all the way back to Bush Jr and his 2 advisors inherited from big daddy Bush, all filthy, stinkin' rich from oil interests and determined to keep it that way!

........... and those weapons of mass destruction in Iraq that got us into the war but never existed .......... what a joke!

........ and let's not forget his highly educated advisor, Condoleeza Rice, who also just happens to be filthy stinkin' rich from HER take of the oil profits gained from that war!:tiphat:

War profiteering, weapons 'n oil go hand-in-hand, we'll be there soon enough, guaranteed.

iTarzan

I bought a Chevy Aveo in 2008-2010 when gas went over $4/gallon during the Obama administration. Yeah Obama had gas prices real low. LOL! I still voted for him twice though.

Now I have a stick shift 5 speed Chevy Spark that gets even better gas milage and only holds 8 gallons of gasoline. My wife and I got married in 1975 and the first car we bought was a small blue 1975 Honda Civic 2 door hatchback. Everybody said we were stupid and Honda car company would never last. Then the gas rationing started and we laughed. LOL! Now we have a car just as small. A blue 4 door Chevy Spark. Looks almost the same as the Honda. In between we had 3 Saab 99s and 2 Aveos. Our carbon footprint has always been small. We have always given a big FU to the gas companies. We never put over 8000 miles a year on a car. Sometimes we don't break 6,000 miles.

We are hippies and will always be earth loving hippies.

iTarzan

Gas and heating oil has always been a scam. Not one president ever stopped them from playing their games.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.....Then the gas rationing started and we laughed.

I remember the gas rationing, and yes, the dots go back that far and much further ..... in fact the rationing was caused by an oil embargo from the Middle East because of our support for Israel during their Yom Kippor war.

...... if this is starting to sound familiar it should, history is about to repeat itself. :whistling:

..... and as far as Obama goes, he got the price of oil way down by the end of his run.:tiphat:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is one serious problem with making money from oil interests and that is the FACT that it's hard to enjoy your new-found wealth as the realization starts to dawn on you that your good fortune automatically comes at the expense and suffering of hundreds of thousands of others somewhere else in the world. :tiphat:

........ not that I begrudge anyone with oil interests as oil has been down the toilet since 2014 and those folks can use a boost!

............ and with this new USA embassy BS the price of oil could skyrocket, Republican presidents are always good for oil interests.;)

I'd never invest in oil, I've had $$$,$$$.00 in hand, I invested in silver. Oil & propane speculation was always a thought but I never dipped into that market, these mineral rights just fell into my lap, I inherited them from an estate that was settled in 2002, these were forgotten somehow. :dunno:

CaptainDankness

I remember the gas rationing, and yes, the dots go back that far and much further ..... in fact the rationing was caused by an oil embargo from the Middle East because of our support for Israel during their Yom Kippor war.

...... if this is starting to sound familiar it should, history is about to repeat itself. :whistling:

..... and as far as Obama goes, he got the price of oil way down by the end of his run.:tiphat:
For real, we have Israel and Iran going to war gas prices are going to soar.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gas prices ALWAYS Spring up then ride the summer & Fall back.

At least in the US of A they do.

packerfan79

Veteran
Gas is a federally regulated industry. No different than the electric company, or natural gas supplier. Federal regulations mandate that they are by law limited to a 4% profit, meanwhile in Craphole California the state tax on gas is much more than 4%. Federal government also taxes at a rate higher than the legally allowed profit margin.

If we could reign in the Fuckery of the idiots who run the state of California, we could get much closer to the 2$ a gallon average nationally. Instead Californians pay through the nose $3.50 a gallon average. Fuck the gas tax. From the moment you are born till after you die you are taxed at every turn. Oil companies aren't the problem, tax happy idiots are the problem.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

price of everything's gone up these days.......

8RlPNqe.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts