What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian vet accused of 'cruel' surgery to turn puppies into drug mules!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I saw this report this morning while reading The Guardian and was completely disgusted about how drug dealers would use mans/woman's best friend to smuggle smack.

A veterinarian is accused of implanting liquid heroin in puppies to turn them into drug mules for a Colombian trafficking ring.

Colombian-born Andres Lopez Elorez appeared in a US federal court in Brooklyn on Tuesday after being extradited from Spain, where he was arrested in 2015.

Lopez Elorez, 38, who also goes by the surname Lopez Elorza, fled in 2005 when authorities arrested about two dozen suspected traffickers in Colombia.

His arrest was part of a 12-year Drug Enforcement Administration investigation. If convicted on conspiracy charges, he risks spending at least 10 years and potentially life behind bars.
Authorities allege that between September 2004 and January 2005

Elorez was a member of a Colombian ring smuggling heroin into the US using various methods, including human and dog couriers.

It is believed the dogs were sent on commercial flights to New York, where the drugs were cut out of them. Investigators believe the puppies would have died in the process, but it was unknown how many were involved.

“As alleged in the indictment, Elorez is not only a drug trafficker, he also betrayed a veterinarian’s pledge to prevent animal suffering when he used his surgical skills in a cruel scheme to smuggle heroin in the abdomens of puppies,”

US attorney Richard Donoghue said. “Dogs are man’s best friend and, as the defendant is about to learn, we are drug dealers’ worst enemy.”

Ten puppies were found during a 2005 raid on a farm in Colombia, DEA officials said. Five ended up running away, three died from infection and two were adopted, including one that became a drug-sniffing dog for Colombian police, officials said.
“Over time, drug organisations’ unquenchable thirst for profit leads them to do unthinkable crimes like using innocent puppies for drug concealment,” the head of the DEA’s New York division, James Hunt, said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...cruel-surgery-to-turn-puppies-into-drug-mules

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

All I have for family are my dog(s), I'm overly protective of my miniature dachshund too, Suzi is my little connected companion. I only leave her alone in my car, (kenneled & covered) for 5-6mins max, max. If I'm shopping or going to a doctors visit I drop her off @ doggy daycare, she's never alone & well cared for in my absence.

That's what I think of and how I care for dogs, quadruple that sentiment for innocent puppies being abused/killed for the sake of drugs.

These dirtbags deserve the old Colombian necktie brand of justice.

Mannsean

In a way everybody is right, personally I can't support animal abuse and I am against it with all my heart.

Latest posts

Latest posts