What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mixology

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I had a stoned vision with a message delivered by a half naked indian girl who was wearing a G-string that was a trifle generous. The idea was, Why would you want to deal with the myriad of mutts when you could deal with the elementals and preferred blends to make your own. In other words, Did you ever make a good drink by dumping a gin and tonic into a margarita. No. Well then, why would you waste your time playing the pheno game and spending the effort to find out they suck. You don't have to breed them to mix them.

Why has there never been a conversation of (that I could find) on mixology. How about a nice afghani chill with a bit of dark side of the moon mixed in the grinder. Call it a Surely Temple. I tried this with some left overs in a couple strain specific grinders because I was too lazy to go to the star and get another jar. The results were pretty good.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I use a sharpie to mark the contents of the mason jars. Black Russian, Obi Wan, Blueberry, Jack Herer, etc.
There is one marked 'Stash Blend' which is just as it sounds. I blend a variety of strains together for personal smoking in the evening when I am relaxing alone.

My own use, the mix is made for me and others find it less than optimal for their use and prefer straight strains. I suspect one client mixes her own as she always leaves with more than one type of high. She admits to topping the bowls with oil as well. Not something I do anymore.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Any fruity strain rolled up with an og or chem is usually delicious.

Seems like mixing different og based strains does not improve the flavor.

I like rolling mixers. It is fun to see what terps combine to create something new and which overpower others in a joint. Sometime two ok flavors make something great. Other times two great flavors combine into something not so great.

More often than not mixing creates a more complex high. But not always.