What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snype's Guide To Kill Spider Mites & Broad Mites With 100% Neem Oil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few years ago i got some plants from a friend[white diesel]an they were covered in mites.the person was moving and couldnt keep them so i scooped em up to care for.they had just started to flower maybe a week or 2 into flower.they were a couple feet tall.i wasnt to excited to introduce them to my other bug free ladies.it was the end of october and the temps were 30f at night and 50 to 60 during the day.i simply left them outside for 3 days.brought them in off the back porch and dunked them in water after they sat inside for a few hours, dipped my finger in a tad of olive oil an rubbed underside of all leaves and then finally let them meet their other lady friends.i never saw a mite on them or any of my plants and they sat in my grow and flowered another 7 weeks.no mites.

Firebrand

it depends what mites you have. two spotted will die very easily just from dunking and wet conditions.this is hard cause some strains hate wet feet.if its cyclemine or broad i think the humidity needs to be lower and it will take many many more water dunks to kill them.i think the problem growers have with my methods is time to do it.i have such a small grow and i spend hours in it daily.this allows me to nip problems real quick.if you have big plants in a huge room then dunking could take all day and many days [2 or 3 times a week],and if you work full time and can only be in your grow 2 or 3 times a week for an hour or two then expect all kinds of problems with your plants.its funny how many folks i meet that grow and they go in the room once a week or just a few min everyday.these type of growers always seem to have more problems.remember indoors is a controlled enviroment an many times this enviroment is perfect for pests too.the best grows ive seen are the ones where the grower just about lives in the grow.shit take a pot grower and put them in a container out in the woods and go feed the grower once a week and visit them for just a little bit.how long would the average person survive in a box out in the woods without someone caring for them and keeping them healthy and well fed.this is what we have done to pot plants by taking them out of there natural home in nature.so they need more attention indoors in my opinion.

damn grow nerd id help you get rid of them if i met you in person.i know i come off like a dick when it comes to pest control and im sorry.ive posted in many bug threads.i just have a ton of experience getting rid of pests by controling the enviroment and not using chemicals organic or not.i hate mites.i am willing to help anyone on here battle them.

LLL214

mites

mites

Snype's Guide To Kill Spider Mites & Broad Mites With 100% Neem Oil!
A lot of growers think that they need to reach for some bottle of Dangerous Pesticide to get rid of their mites. This is simply not true. The problem is that if you are going to go the organic approach to getting rid of your mites, you have to stick to extreme schedules. Missing a day of your scheduled treatments means that you may have made a big mistake and now you will have to start your treatments all over again. Growers seem to want that 1 day fix when you just spray and everything is gone but that 1 day fix may cause you and your patients a lot more harm for your future health. No body ever said growing is not time consuming at certain times like this.

Temperature of your grow rooms can affect how fast your mites reach maturity and are able to lay eggs. It is best to research the specific mite that you have and learn their breeding cycles at the temperatures that your rooms are at so you can adjust them accordingly to perform your treatments.

I use 100% Dyna-Gro Pure Neem Oil. If the bottle of Neem Oil is not warm and not liquid, place the bottle of Neem Oil in warm water. When it turns to liquid, in 1 gallon of 70 degree water, mix:

2 Tablespoons Dyna-Gro 100% Pure Neem Oil
You also have to add Coco-Wet after you add the Neem Oil. I forget how much to use but I use the amount stated on the bottle. You have to use the coco-wet or the neem won't work.

Do not save your mixed solution. You have to make new solution every time you use it.

I don't know how big or small your plants are. If your plants can fit into a 5 gallon bucket, hold the pot upside down with your hand covering the soil so you don't spill all your soil and dunk your whole plant into the solution. Make sure the entire solution is very mixed. If it's not mixed you will see the neem oil at the top of the solution.

If your plants are too big, you will have to spray every area of the plant, including underneath the leaves and stem. You can't miss any space at all, including the top of the soil or medium. Clean your walls and area with bleach and water solution.

It is extremely important to remove your plants from the direct light when you are spraying. It is also extremely important that after you spray to keep your plants in the dark for 6 hours.

After your first treatment, you must apply a second treatment after 3 days. Then you must apply a 3rd treatment after another 3 days.

Your 4th treatment will be applied after 5 days of your 3rd treatment. Then apply treatments after every 5 days. Apply a total of 7 treatments and your Broad Mites & Spider Mites will be gone. Apply 1 final treatment after 7 days of your last treatment which will make 8 treatments. Clean your entire house and grow when you are applying these treatments so that you don't bring any more mites in with you. Remember to always put your clothes in the dryer on extra hot for 30 minutes to kill any mites or eggs that are on your clothes. Be very anal about everything. Never bring outside clothes into a grow room.

Always remember to turn off your lights for 6 hours after your treatments. It seems like a lot of work but that's life if you want your mites to completely disappear.

Here is some more information on Spider Mites that can help you with your research:

http://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/orn/twospotted_mite.htm

"Life Cycle
Spider mite development differs somewhat between species, but a typical life cycle is as follows. The eggs are attached to fine silk webbing and hatch in approximately three days. The life cycle is composed of the egg, the larva, two nymphal stages (protonymph and deutonymph) and the adult. The length of time from egg to adult varies greatly depending on temperature. Under optimum conditions (approximately 80ºF), spider mites complete their development in five to twenty days. There are many overlapping generations per year. The adult female lives two to four weeks and is capable of laying several hundred eggs during her life."

"Phytoseiulus persimilis is the most common predator and preys on all stages of mites (Osborne 1999). It can consume 20 eggs or five adults daily."

"The twospotted spider mite develops a resistance to most acaricides after prolonged use. Most miticides are not effective on eggs. Therefore two or more applications of the miticide will be required at five-day intervals during the summer or seven-day intervals during the winter."

Pictures coming one day...

For those considering using Neem as a soil drench, check out a thread on IC:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=2792

more articles like this !:tiphat:

Snype

Veteran
why a whole 6 hrs? I veg 24/7 and dont think thats a good idea for me.

Because your leaves may end up burning to a crisp. It doesn't matter if you VEG 24/7 if you turn the lights down for a day. It won't harm the plants but if you don't turn the lights off, the Neem canl harm the plants.

Mad Lab

Snype,

I'm with ya on this one buddy.

As long as we're treating them before the infestation is completely out of control, using neem(i prefer sm-90 as wetting agent) is all you need as long as you have the time and patience.

I also like to rub the neem and try to touch 100% of my plants. It can be done but most wont. I've never had a problem I couldnt fix with this treatment. All types of spider mites and even beat 2 friends broadmite breakout.

On a broader scale, have you experimented with EM5?

Last edited:
Im dealing with these bitches right now Broadmites aka two spotted mites but ive been battling for about a week infestations not bad there just goin at my lower leaves and im 4-5th week into flower. I spray with x2 regimens every other day.1.sm90 good shit so far kills the eggs and larva and I do a soil drench with sm as well 1:5 this product is bomb as far as I can see even though my ifestaion is not bad I only see 3-5 mites under a fan leaf.anyway then my 2nd regimen is a water base spray called Azosol also real great, but yeah that's what im doing I spray ever 2-3 days cuase eggs hatch n shit lol little fuckers. but yeah hope that helps Azosol is like $50 bucks so far worth it don't got to use that much sm 90 only 20 bucks not bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts