What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damaged plants from Broad ,cyclamen,Russet Mites

S

SeaMaiden

Hehheh, believe it or not, I asked not for my benefit, but for the benefit of others. I began reading through it and went a few pages back, couldn't find what you were talking about. I figured if someone like myself can't easily find it, maybe there were others. Besides, if it's good enough to mention here, why not simply outline it?

You're mentioning both RAs as well as these mites. Have you had to treat for RAs, and if so, did you try this method? I've read a good bit on the hot water treatment being used for them, and if heating the air is just as effective, maybe even more so, then I also feel that's better than using chemical treatments.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Hehheh, believe it or not, I asked not for my benefit, but for the benefit of others. I began reading through it and went a few pages back, couldn't find what you were talking about. I figured if someone like myself can't easily find it, maybe there were others. Besides, if it's good enough to mention here, why not simply outline it?

You're mentioning both RAs as well as these mites. Have you had to treat for RAs, and if so, did you try this method? I've read a good bit on the hot water treatment being used for them, and if heating the air is just as effective, maybe even more so, then I also feel that's better than using chemical treatments.

RE: RAs (root aphids)No, I didn't try this on RAs. Don't know if it would work, but I doubt it. You would have to get the heat to the root zone, which might be problematic. I mentioned spider mites. I believe it would work on them, but I have not tried it as I haven't had spider mites in many years. I would like to hear from people who have them, if they try this method and how it turned out. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but don't make any claims without testing.
Don't misinterperate my remarks above. I was just funnin' with you......:ying:RG

GreenGuySF

How would this harpin protein work in flowering? I had some broad mites 2 weeks back and took care of them with avid (so far knock on wood) but the plants are not recovering 100% back to where they should be. Would the harpin give considerable advantage over aspirin aka salicylic acid which also stimulates the autoimmune response? THANkS!!! !

RetroGrow

Veteran
How would this harpin protein work in flowering? I had some broad mites 2 weeks back and took care of them with avid (so far knock on wood) but the plants are not recovering 100% back to where they should be. Would the harpin give considerable advantage over aspirin aka salicylic acid which also stimulates the autoimmune response? THANkS!!! !

Avid doesn't kill eggs, so they will continue to come back.
Plus, once they are in your environment, they are everywhere, and will continue to return. You must treat repeatedly. Heat treatment is my preferred method, as it kills mites in the room, not just on your plants, and can be used in flower, whereas poisons can't be used except in veg.
Aspirin is fine as an immune system booster. It helps mitigate the effects of the poisons injected by the broad mites, but you still have to get rid of the mites. Don't waste time, as these can ruin your crop totally. If you had them in your room two weeks back, they are still there.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran

harpin protiens carry an epa warning....

me just being cautious, not knowing....
id avoid spraying that at all in flowering.

go asprin or willow bark tea

Horticulturist

I've tried most of everything you've guys mentioned. Some worked and some didn't. I came across this spray called Venom and I haven't purchased anything else. I had those little buggers for 2 years straight. It was like now you see them now you don't. LOL!! No but seriously I swear by Venom. I've been using it for over a year now and haven't seen or hear a peep from them. My strain is Granddaddy so I must take excellent care of my girls!

Tokesome

Is there no chance that off gassing is responsible for Carbons pics on the first page of this thread?

I have very similar issues but I don't think we have these mites in the UK, I think carpet and or carpet glue is having a devastating affect on my clones and looks very similar to these plants, maybe more waxy and glossy tho. I'll hopefully find out soon enough as I've just sealed the room up so should be more or less poison free now, but the plants are going to take a lot of recovering, if they;re going to make it at all. I'll try and post some pics later in the week

TS :)

SoilWatch

I've tried most of everything you've guys mentioned. Some worked and some didn't. I came across this spray called Venom and I haven't purchased anything else. I had those little buggers for 2 years straight. It was like now you see them now you don't. LOL!! No but seriously I swear by Venom....
Venom contains Dinotefuran, a third generation neonicotinoid insecticide, in IRAC Group 4A.
It has translaminar activity when applied to plant foliage, and is super-systemic when soil applied. In other words, you can never get if "off" your plants. You are smoking and eating pure poison bro.

merkaba

I am trying some Forbid,Avid,Avid spray....been about 3 days....I'll report back in a week if results are noticeable.

amannamedtruth

Veteran
The most effective and most eco friendly and garden friendly control is beneficial nematodes. They will control more than the broad mites, and if you're outdoors, hopefully inhabit your soil for years to come. One shot stop control, no need to set up a chemy spray routine.

You're fighting an uphill battle my friend. It can be won, but get on a preventative maintence schedule and clean clean clean. I saw great results with nuke em. Azatrol, clove oil, sulfur, potassium salts. Rotated every 3 days with such products and cut my losses with overly effected plants. Luckily I had clones of my staples. But if you don't preventitive spray and stay with it. Those fuckers WILL come back. Good luck.

merkaba

I have dealt with normal mites over the years, and just learned it's not worth messing with. Hit your veg room HARD and move on. These bastards seem to be 100x worse, so messing with unproven methods, to me personally, seems crazy. But to each his own.

I have dealt with normal mites over the years, and just learned it's not worth messing with. Hit your veg room HARD and move on. These bastards seem to be 100x worse, so messing with unproven methods, to me personally, seems crazy. But to each his own.

My grow room is 24 plants in 100 gal pots. Can't really just dump them and start over.
I purchase the product on the link that I posted above. 140/32oz. Kida pricy. Says 100% organic. It's suppose to a bacteria like BT

merkaba

I guess go organic and if it doesn't work, you can get some cheap Avid off of ebay (small amount) and it will def. work, but being in flower and all, that's tough. Maybe that OG BioWar stuff?

Latest posts

Latest posts