What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

There is nothing that can kill thrips! NOTHING! HELP ME, THEY ARE KILLING MY PLANTS

smog

green lights neem fruit tree spray worked used every day with a pump sprayer for 3 weeks they hide underneath like mites in the worm stage also used 5 mil in the feed

JVonChron

Lady bugs will work, I dont know your mail order situation but they are cheap online from amazon. I figured I would mention it, to save someone perhaps of sprayin. I only say this because I have personally seen it work but here is the catch. According to a package I bought once, it stated that only the juvenile(non lady bug looking babies) were responsible for eating pests and not to snuff them out thinking they were some other bug. It also said when the ladybug gets big enough to fly that it no longer eats pests(which doesnt really make sense to me how they wouldnt eat) so that being said, you have to make sure and keep them healthy and reproducing and havin babies for effect. every go round i have had that i needed for thrips they lived long enough to fix the problem because i caught it quick enough. but one time they died awful quick (inside i dont think they liked light cycle) and didnt do much good. And also, once they do their thing, their food source runs out..kinda felt bad when that happened tho.. sorry to be so long winded

catalyte

Veteran
just wanted to follow up on my post above in here...

Spinosad really does work very effectively. 1 application so far and i haven't seen a thrip in weeks!! :yes:

Rowdy420

The hot water dunk works great with a spinosad treatment to make sure they are all dead. I've read somewhere though that spinosad is being over used in organic farming and the insects are developing a immunity so, hot water is about the only thing that they'll never develop an immunity to.

Good luck, Peace

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Just a quick note here ,, anything that says it works right away be leary of.. It is always a bad idea to you chemicals for obvious reasons whenever possible always choose NO CHEMICALS headband 707

The Hatter

Veteran
it's always possible that what you have is something different than thrips cause as others have said, thrips are pretty easy to get rid of or atleast put a dent in and also they really dont destroy plants.

if they are thrips though, spinosad is what your looking for.

It depends on what type of thrips you have and your growing conditions. In arid areas thrips can and do decimate entire crops. On a bad year I can go up to a badly infested and mostly dead outdoor ornamental plant give it a little kick and literally thousands of them will swarm out.

Don't underestimate them. I find them second in destructive potential only to really bad mite infestations.

Latest posts

Latest posts