What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Powdery Mildew - Last week of flower - What can I do to salvage my meds?

im doing basically the same thing man, less plants, more pruning, de-humidifier, combined with 2-3 neem/sulfur dunks in veg stage...not to mention a total bleach/sulfur spray in the room..

it sucks to throw out all the frosty leaves but whatever better than losing buds..

Yea seriously sucks! From what I have trimmed so far, it has been a pain....I have gotten into each and every bud and cut the leaf off as close as I could each time....very tedious. AND then you throw all that sugar trim away or make bubble hash, but I really don't want to smoke mildew spores!!!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
some folks say making bubble with that trim is ok, just skim an inch of water off the top of the bucket once it's settled. not sure how well this works to clean it up, but i intend to try it out. the weather is so cold i can make ice on my balcony now :)

Norkali

PM(powdery mildew) is a real bitch. fighting this battle too :)

i could be wrong but it seems to me that some strains are more and some less prone to this infection. but once a plant has it, you can't fully get rid of it.

Yep, Bubba Kush and Master Kush are two of the favorites that come to mind. Something about indica-influenced leaves it seems, PM loves the wide, deep green-fan leafed strains it seems.

I had my most recent outbreak occur on a Banana Kush. Anybody else notice the "Kush" pattern?

meduser180056

I used to get PM every once in awhile I would always just use high ph sprays and the sulfur burner, but I've never had it really get out of hand like I've seen and heard others describe. There has been times when I ignored it and it never really got too established other than some fans here and there. Never been an issue for me really I've had more trouble with budrot honestly. I do use silica in practically every watering and sometimes i spray it on them and I've heard silica really helps them to fight off PM and stuff.

Now for some reason I never get it. I haven't had a speck of it in years and I kinda wonder what how that happened. I used to have mini battles on the regular usually at least every other crop. Same with spider mites I never seem to get them either although I have had them before I just used NPS with ventilation off and it always seemed to work. My buddy gets mites everytime and they get all up in his buds and everything.
Not that I haven't had my share of problems I did get thrips last spring which took awhile to take out and then I got whiteflies at the end of last summer and they took forever to eliminate.

Everything is in house for me from seed which helps a lot with contagious problems as I never take in clones anymore from outside sources.

Norkali

I used to get PM every once in awhile I would always just use high ph sprays and the sulfur burner, but I've never had it really get out of hand like I've seen and heard others describe. There has been times when I ignored it and it never really got too established other than some fans here and there. Never been an issue for me really I've had more trouble with budrot honestly. I do use silica in practically every watering and sometimes i spray it on them and I've heard silica really helps them to fight off PM and stuff.

Now for some reason I never get it. I haven't had a speck of it in years and I kinda wonder what how that happened. I used to have mini battles on the regular usually at least every other crop. Same with spider mites I never seem to get them either although I have had them before I just used NPS with ventilation off and it always seemed to work. My buddy gets mites everytime and they get all up in his buds and everything.
Not that I haven't had my share of problems I did get thrips last spring which took awhile to take out and then I got whiteflies at the end of last summer and they took forever to eliminate.

Everything is in house for me from seed which helps a lot with contagious problems as I never take in clones anymore from outside sources.

Ding ding ding! You have your answer in your own post!

Latest posts

Latest posts