What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

BigTop

Or you could run your room in the 30's to lower 40's for RH all the time... and/or keep er around 80F all the time... basically manage the environment.

Or run chems... ;-)

Or you could run your room in the 30's to lower 40's for RH all the time... and/or keep er around 80F all the time...
Perfect environment for spider mites.
PM can thrive in low humidity and high heat.
You have to get rid of the spores and/or inoculate the plants.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Or you could run your room in the 30's to lower 40's for RH all the time... and/or keep er around 80F all the time... basically manage the environment.

Or run chems... ;-)

this is complete bullshit. until this last run, my humidity has never topped 25% and ive always kept a very low temp. and before i found this product, i had it all the time. nice try though.....

BigTop

I can understand why one would call BS on this advice... especially one that has not run a clean room before.

Run it SOG, heavy, never, ever had PM... no sprays, no burners, no chems... just good ole fashioned air circulation.

Have to admit, I am fortunate to have a low RH environment, so that part comes easy with simple air exchange.

You should try something before you knock it. PM has a very, very, very hard (near impossible) germ rate w RH in the upper 30's + temps at 80F... day/night is the trick... no spikes.

Best wishes however... glad i'm not smoking your product. Peace.

BigTop

I only reacted that way cuz there really was no reason to call me out on that. Simple stuff one can find out there.

Whats up Teeg??? Knew you from another life, briefly... Peace be with!

Look Krunch, you can use chems... go for it... I did it before... there are just risks/harms... and there are legitimate alternatives.

Don't mean to call you out~ just don't jump on my shit either. Cool? ;-)

Peace all.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Did some research because I'm always equivocal about using heavy chemicals. I've used Avid because I was so F.U.C.K.I.N.G. sick of spider mites I just didn't care anymore. Worked like a charm. So I'm naturally curious about this stuff you're using for PM.

Disregardless, it appears to NOT be teratogenic, mutagenic or carcinogenic. As OPPOSED to Avid which has alot of those properties. It did have toxic doses associated with it as well as fetal toxicity levels....but not for adults unless you practically bathe in this stuff or drink it. Of course you don't want to run around naked in your garden spraying this shit.....but it appears on the surface that it's really primarily going to affect the PM.

Additionally, it appears to be safe for the surrounding wildlife.....when used on strawberries and apples.......birds eating the fruit had no adverse toxic reaction or otherwise.

Once again, this is an agricultural/industrial level product and should be respected for that alone.

If this stuff works like you say it does Krunchy....I'm gonna personally come over and give you a happy ending...and I'm not even gay!

I've used: UV Light, Green Cure, Baking Soda, Milk, Penetrator/Zone Dunk.....you friggin name it. I thought all was well until I noticed a spot of PM returning on one of my gals.
It obviously is just hanging around tooling on me like I'm some circus clown. Now it's time to take the fight to that little bastard. My order is gonna get put in today and I'm gonna put down that mofo as soon as I can spray! :)

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Ive never even had to deal with pm indoors. As long as you have a good growroom design, its never even a problem imo.

Ah, the "Perfect World" scenario.....

Yeah, I used to think I was impervious to this shit; six months later I'm spraying Floramite and praying. Same thing with PM; I'll never catch that. I only hook up with clean chicks! Now I have Eagle 20 on the way.

I've tried the perfect thing before, many times in fact(not just growing). Funny thing is, feces occur.
I have learned to cover my ass from several different ways at once. Double bagging the sketchy ones is not enough anymore. Having a perfect room is fine, but it's always good to know where to look when the shit is blowing in yer face.

grapeman

Veteran
Krunch - Just another tool in the arsenal against PM. I, like you, never treat PM causally.

But let me weigh in here on PM. When conditions are right, PM spores are everywhere. You cannot ever cure PM, you can only kill and or prevent. Eagle is a preventative. It is an Ag product so I'm sure it is great (it's one I have not yet used).
But, be warned, you should never rely one one product. I've been fighting PM in table grapes for 4 decades. Originally we only had sulfer. Then in the 1980's came products that specifically PREVENTED mildew from getting a foothold in a crop (coverage is the key) and the products were systemic and were listed a active for 30 days.

21 days or prevention is more like the real world. I always apply an Ag mildewcide to the plants the day before it goes from veg room to flower room.

But I would recommend to you to "ROTATE" your mildewcides. It is a fact that continued use of ONE product will allow mildew to develop a tolerance and then you've got a bigger problem.

I use Elite, Rally, Serenade, and others in rotation. All of these are effective and are all currently used by ag growers against mildew. I personally have never used Eagle, but I'll add it to my shelf on your recommendation. I also have on order from Mexico a product called MELTATOX® (safe but illegal here because the manufacturer has not yet complied with all the shit with the EPA) that is used around the world in greenhouses.

But I agree with you 100% that if you want to fight mildew (and not fuck around), you must use an ag product, which are always harder to get your hands on. I just happen have a PCA license so I can get this type of product.

I guess all I'm saying is that it is a good and "standard" practice to rotate your products and to never rely on one chemical.

Y

YosemiteSam

Another satisfied Eagle 20 customer here. I live in a wine making area so PM spores are always floating around...also on the edge of a desert so I ain't buying that low humidity prevents it argument.

I do agree with Grapeman though. One needs to rotate ones products or one is asking for a huge problem. Gotta find a way to get some Melatox.

Norkali

Krunch - Just another tool in the arsenal against PM. I, like you, never treat PM causally.

But let me weigh in here on PM. When conditions are right, PM spores are everywhere. You cannot ever cure PM, you can only kill and or prevent. Eagle is a preventative. It is an Ag product so I'm sure it is great (it's one I have not yet used).
But, be warned, you should never rely one one product. I've been fighting PM in table grapes for 4 decades. Originally we only had sulfer. Then in the 1980's came products that specifically PREVENTED mildew from getting a foothold in a crop (coverage is the key) and the products were systemic and were listed a active for 30 days.

21 days or prevention is more like the real world. I always apply an Ag mildewcide to the plants the day before it goes from veg room to flower room.

But I would recommend to you to "ROTATE" your mildewcides. It is a fact that continued use of ONE product will allow mildew to develop a tolerance and then you've got a bigger problem.

I use Elite, Rally, Serenade, and others in rotation. All of these are effective and are all currently used by ag growers against mildew. I personally have never used Eagle, but I'll add it to my shelf on your recommendation. I also have on order from Mexico a product called MELTATOX® (safe but illegal here because the manufacturer has not yet complied with all the shit with the EPA) that is used around the world in greenhouses.

But I agree with you 100% that if you want to fight mildew (and not fuck around), you must use an ag product, which are always harder to get your hands on. I just happen have a PCA license so I can get this type of product.

I guess all I'm saying is that it is a good and "standard" practice to rotate your products and to never rely on one chemical.

Awwww....

lucky.jpg

lol, damn. Thank you for the help, you obviously know your stuff.

Andyo

Veteran
powdery mildew or boytritis ?

powdery mildew or boytritis ?

In 25 yrs growing ive never had powdery mildew or boytritis in a grow room,
Ive had boytritis in outside crops and in the green house.
my friends have had all kinds of molds in there grow rooms ! Why cos they dont get the air in and out and moving about and they got virtually no UV
I got rust when i first moved to wales but upped the air down the humidity and it went away.
Im in thailand now and im makin sure i got lots of air movement in and out .
The one thing i wont do is use fungicides or pesticides.
I use predatory mites for pest control .
And just a good enviroment for plants no probs.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
In 25 yrs growing ive never had powdery mildew or boytritis in a grow room,
Ive had boytritis in outside crops and in the green house.
my friends have had all kinds of molds in there grow rooms ! Why cos they dont get the air in and out and moving about and they got virtually no UV
I got rust when i first moved to wales but upped the air down the humidity and it went away.
Im in thailand now and im makin sure i got lots of air movement in and out .
The one thing i wont do is use fungicides or pesticides.
I use predatory mites for pest control .
And just a good enviroment for plants no probs.

so......what do you want, a cookie or something?

M

medfinder

thanks

thanks

Thanks for the tip krunch.

Chimera had some good tips on P.M in his seed thread as well.

Clones from clubs really can be a problem.

Picked up some and got Downey mildew. phenospora humilli.

I like using Dacanil or Agri -Fos from monterry farms.

These are sysytemic as well and I dont recomend using in flower.

pimpjuice

Sounds really good! I'd pull the trigger & buy some now, but I just bought some Physan-20 and Penetrator Gold for its application. Any opinion on how Physan-20 compares? Thanks.

do not spray physan-20 on your plants! Seriously I've tried a few different times and although it didn't kill them they didn't like it and took some time to recover. IME it fries the main growth tip, lots of funky growth afterwards before they recover.

Eagle 20 works great on cannabis, no stress on the plants. Spray them once in veg and you won't see pm on the plant.