What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wrinkled leaves- Mosaic virus? Overfert? Mutation? Sodium ? pH ?

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
My bad. Sorry. Maybe the SB is the culprit? Did you wash it out good, first?
You only used a couple drops of superthrive, right?

oldog

The label on SuperThrive says 1/4 tsp per gallon .
I now think that that stuff is not harmful, just a darn waste of money and time.
SnakeOil as someone called it - and there are many others. Keep it simple,
is my new motto. I think if you use a reputable fertilizer you dont need
any lizard poop or whatever.

Happy New Year to All !

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PistilPete- what happened to your plant ?
Please tell me it survived !

Thanks for all thoughts.

She survived, but eventually, I tossed her. Not because of the deformities. I flowered her out and she was real stinky, but she was bland and a small producer. Those wrinkles never went away.
The mutation or whatever it is showed up in the clones i took of her. They were tossed, too, but again not because of the deformities.
I did put one other outside, but a deer ate it.
Sorry i couldn't be more help.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
I think Superthrive (B1) should really only be used once or twice to relive
transplant shock or other kinds of stress, and then only at the drop-a-gallon
strength.

oldog

Thurs: Res 5.7 807ppm Runoff 6.7 619 too high
Friday: Res 5.3 787 Run off 6.3 659 want run off to be 5.8

Why is runoff less ? Uptake by the plant ?
Are these numbers good ? I killed a crop with overfeeding
so I am cautious- overly, maybe.
All our plants are going to be better in 2010.

hazy

Veteran
Thurs: Res 5.7 807ppm Runoff 6.7 619 too high
Friday: Res 5.3 787 Run off 6.3 659 want run off to be 5.8

Why is runoff less ? Uptake by the plant ?
Are these numbers good ? I killed a crop with overfeeding
so I am cautious- overly, maybe.
All our plants are going to be better in 2010.

Why? Yes, uptake by the plant.

I don't know about the ec/ppm, cause I don't have a meter. I think those could go up a bit and you'd be ok.
I keep my res about 5.8 and have 6.2 runoff.

oldog

Thanks guys! I have been running at about 450 ppm for the 17 days since I original posted, keeping pH at 5.8, and added some half strength CalMag but no improvement. Also flushed twice with pH 5.8 water. All three sativa dominant strains/varieties still look very dark green and crinkled.
In the last few days the very new little leaves are looking yellowish and very wrinkled, and I now am thinking maybe I cut down the nutes too much ? Shouldnt the very young leaves be showing some response to the reduced nutes by now?
I am totally confused but am going to continue with the low nutes
probably until harvest in 4 weeks or so.
Cheers.

EDIT: Res- 5.91 693 ppm , Runoff 6.9 812 ppm
I think this problem is over feeding and will flush and put on a very, very low nute diet until I see any change
at all, better or worse.

oldog

" leaf curling in... isnt that a humidity problem? "

Someone suggested that too - LOW humidity, so 10 days ago I turned off the circulating fan and left only the exhaust. Also added a humidifier and the humidity is now about 50%. Can't get it higher without cutting off the exhaust- needs to be about 65% I think.
I sprayed the leaves for a few days, & got it up there but didn't notice any improvement in the leaves.

oldog

BigNugget thats where I now am too. Overfeeding plus too low a pH.
I'm now on 500 ppm and probably will go lower for the 4 weeks thats left. My next batch will be the opposite-start low and add nutrients as needed.
Thanks !

sativa/afganman

old dog...i have the EXACT same problem as you and to my surprise it's mite damage.most likely cyklamen or broad mites.they are way smaller than spidder mites.and faster as well.i am currently trying various methods to treat plants.i'll keep you updated

teddybud

spreadin da love
Veteran
what kind of enviroment you growing in? a tent? room? closet? looks like some sort of toxic affect to me...

sativa/afganman

old dog...i have the EXACT same problem as you and to my surprise it's mite damage.most likely cyklamen or broad mites.they are way smaller than spidder mites.and faster as well.i am currently trying various methods to treat plants.i'll keep you updated

dddownlowww

my patient

my patient

here's my girl with this problem:
picture.php

Anyone have the skinny on this issue? Mites? I sure as hell hope not. Don't see this symptom on neighbor plants. Even if it is a genetic variation, I doubt it isn't being exacerbated by something environmental.

ddd

hydr1

that actually looks like a thripe damaged leaves but I think maybee theyre tripping out on the nutes.

If your feeding and have thes ein ocean forest, I been seeing some retard plants liek this...the solution was to just water with plain water and they smooth out.

rattyraiz

those pics almost look like pics from my last grow, no kidding. Was actually kind of strange looking at them :)

Anyway I am a n00b grower but I concluded mine was due to humidity and temp swings. Are the leaves crispy (mine were)?

oldog

Hi Hazy -( I wasn't allowed to reply to your PM)
Quite a coincidence, I haven't been on the site for a long time- I just uprooted and discarded the last two yesterday, that I had hoped would recover and be usable as mothers but they didn't.
After about 6 weeks on water and very light nutes they still had that shrivelled crinkly look.
Now I've got nothing growing - will have to start again with seeds when it warms up.
Appreciate your help.

dddownlowww- please watch and post back if it spreads to all like mine.

teddybud- they had a good environment-temp & humidity good,
and proper air circulation.

sativa/afganman-Mites? maybe, but I did not see any signs of anything on or under any of the leaves. Not a speck and I had done 2 preventative sprayings with Azamax from when they were very young. I searched many leaves with 20X magnifier.Nothing.

Rattraiz - wouldnt describe mine as crispy- maybe 'rough'

Anyway- I got some seeds off a pollinated branch so it will be interesting to see if whatever it was gets carried on through the seeds to new plants.

Thanks to all !

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156112

oldog you were just helped with this problem, why did you not post in the other thread, when you post multiple threads people can't help you when details are left out :(

http://charlotte.ifas.ufl.edu/horticulture/newsarticles/07112008--WhitefliesSpreadPlantDisease.pdf

This very much looks like a tyoe of mosaic virus family, newer roots and smaller plants are always the first to show signs of problems, because newer have not e.s0tablished protection.
in0fested plants with pests, can carry all kinds of stuff to your plants and if viruses was not transmittable, then the virus would have killed itself off so long ago it's not even funny, like I said in your other thread, this is not a deficiency, this is a problem weather it be from a virus or patogen and I am leaning more towards a plant virus that was brought from pest infestation, when bugs chew at your plants and then go to another plant, if they chewed on a plant that was infected, and go on yours, guess what? Your plants have a high chance of becoming affected, this is why your smaller seedlings have died or is having the worst, smaller plants do not have a tough immune system yet, bigger plants have a higher chance of fighting it, but not all win.

Any kind of virus that is spread, you are better off getting rid of al plants and sanitatizing all equipment, there are no grantees what method is used kills the virus... this is why as soon as you spot a plant that is like this you get it as far away from your other grows and possible, any type of equipment used on plants, including clippers and so forth should be far away as possible and sanitized and left out in a quranteed area where other bugs can't get to it.

Last edited: