What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Getting sick from edibles?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I gave a guy I know who has insomnia a few of my pot cookies. I said to eat 1/2 of one an hour before bed to see how you react. He ate 1/4th, and got to puking later. He says he gets that way if he smokes a lot also.

I have never had, or heard of that reaction. So yeah, start them out small.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I didn't know CHS existed. I am glad he only ate a 1/4 then. Lesson learned and repeated, start them out slowly with edibles. Glad I don't have that CHS.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www-vice-com.cdn.ampproject...when-weed-makes-you-projectile-vomit-weedweek

https://thefreshtoast-com.cdn.amppr...-101-how-not-to-feel-sick-from-eating-edibles

www-uchealth-org.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.uchealth.org/today/five-things-you-should-know-about-marijuana-edibles

Cannabis is not the panacea for everyone.

Did you grow it organically with NO chemical additive/pesticides? Perhaps too potent? A 4:1 CBD:thc strain may help.

Have your friend consider an alternative: Boiron Quietude Tablets Homeopathic Medicine....works for me on those occasions of rumination, inability to fall asleep. Dissolve an hour before retiring to bed.

hyposomniac

I'm not a puker, but I puked once from too much edible pot and a greasy dinner - preceeded by extreme highness and dizziness. I wouldn't call it chs, just way too fucken high.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
These run about 75mg (based on 10% ABV by weight from 20% by weight flower). I don't remember if those cookies he got were from the batch that had a lot of CBD, but probably not. The dope is organic, and the butter gets rinsed twice to the point of clear water under it when chilled. I add organic sunflower lechithin to the butter.

Too bad Bubba.

Edit: If it was that CBD batch, I can't vouch for the hemp I used to add CBD to my butter, except it passed inspection, supposedly. Also, he showed me a couple strawberrys of some shake that I would not touch for nothing, that he had been smoking with a pipe. That also made him cough he said. I wonder if he hit his pipe too, and is blaming my delicious cookies?

Last edited:

Galaxy420

These run about 75mg (based on 10% ABV by weight from 20% by weight flower). I don't remember if those cookies he got were from the batch that had a lot of CBD, but probably not. The dope is organic, and the butter gets rinsed twice to the point of clear water under it when chilled. I add organic sunflower lechithin to the butter.

Too bad Bubba.

Edit: If it was that CBD batch, I can't vouch for the hemp I used to add CBD to my butter, except it passed inspection, supposedly. Also, he showed me a couple strawberrys of some shake that I would not touch for nothing, that he had been smoking with a pipe. That also made him cough he said. I wonder if he hit his pipe too, and is blaming my delicious cookies?

a few things - whole peppercrons eaten after THC dosage can slow THC effects .. just chew on one or two or three ETC....

lemon juice or lemon can as well slow THC effects ...

and more professional version- Citcoline https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffcm&q=Citcoline&atb=v165-1&ia=web

use 3 to 5 times more citicoline than the amount of THC ingested ... example - 25mg THC dose would need 75 to 125mg citicoline

Aspenou812

Veteran
I make hard candies gummy’s and cookies and brownies... I always make two batches one of them half strength... and always start them off on small portions... the half strength goodies I sell and give away... they have been too much for several people... I had a few friends begging to try my personal goodies... that was a mistake... they all said they were sick and high as fuck for days.. lol I have a lot of pain I’m dealing with and they work for me..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Edibles are not for everyone. I hate them. The high is much more intense. It last much longer.

G

i love edibles, but chewing cob is the bees knees. easier to dose as the whole cob is the same, clearer than regular edibles and im sure they could be made into tinc.

now dosage, that 75 mg is a whopper......
wouldnt doubt id get the spins off some 75 mg g.glue cookies. or anything heavy. ive had too much before and so has my dog.

and i have seen someone get real nasuous off just a couple hits of some normal stuff. was a true reaction.

Latest posts

Latest posts