What's new

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

moose eater

I was preparing to order another batch of the 2 slightly different size MERV-8 filters I use in the summertime to either side of my HRV core, in order to keep the pollen, silt particles, etc., out of the core for better functioning and easier cleaning through the year, and I discovered that I still had one box each of the 2 different size filters on a corner shelf in the basement, which was way cool.

With shipping increases over the last several years, and the filters costing a bit more with each passing order, as well as coming all the way from the southern Midwest, that will be a sizable savings.

I guess previous over-estimations of needs and some unintended but functional hoarding paid off... again. Like finding that last package of halibut or ribeye steaks in the upright freezer, when one is excavating for mere hamburger or chicken.

Maybe I'll go ahead and throw in an order for 4-6 of the custom size MERV-8 pre-filters for my custom carbon box in the shop, in anticipation of finally doing something again in the grow boxes. Though it would've been more helpful or convenient to have started that room back up in the winter, when it would've added heat to the basement and humidity to the whole house.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
He is more optimistic and not so scrutinous of humanity in the ways I am when it comes to life.
sounds like he needs a dose of paranoia to me. i used to be more trusting too, until a relative tried to burglarize our house, and i caught long-time friends lifting old pocketknives. :cautious: now i try to live by the old newsmans credo - "if your mother tells you that she loves you, check it out..." admittedly, i'm NOT as happy-go-lucky as i once was.

Ca++

Sa66877b6f4104906bd9289f8d243c5d8v.jpg

£30 on my doorstep, with a 230v convertor.
These have surfaced as the driving force behind cordless pressure washers.
I have found the reliability of such things to be poor, but you can keep spares at this price. It should be ample for fine mist atomisation.

Ca++

Earlier this week, Korean Air announced the $675 million sale of five of its aircraft to Sierra Nevada.

That's 5 discontinued aircraft, worth 35 each, for 135 each. Nearly 5x too much.
They want these 7-10yo craft, in connection with the new flying doomsday fleet. The command centers, for after the ground based one's are destroyed. A $13 billion contract, that presumably has a lot of cream to take off the top. Well, that's half a billion sorted.

moose eater

That's 5 discontinued aircraft, worth 35 each, for 135 each. Nearly 5x too much.
They want these 7-10yo craft, in connection with the new flying doomsday fleet. The command centers, for after the ground based one's are destroyed. A $13 billion contract, that presumably has a lot of cream to take off the top. Well, that's half a billion sorted.
Tax write-offs?

moose eater

There were just two more Boeing 737 accidents reported; a 300 series and a 800 series, if I recall correctly.

And another whistle-blower has stepped up re. hundreds of defects not reported formally on many of the fuselages he saw.

Considering the 'self-destructive tendencies' of the last two whistle-blowers to tattle on Boeing, I'm thinking some additional life insurance might be in order for the guy, just in case he suddenly becomes suicidal.

Of course, in Alaska (as an example), a person has to have owned the life insurance policy for 2 years for it to pay off in the case of suicide.