What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best-Favorite-Flower-Long-Term-Storage-Methods

THC123

Veteran
While i Use different method like jar curing and storage and vacuum curing and storage, I must say my favorite method is just drying the flowers till a certain point and then packaging them in ziplock mylar bags, close them with an iron and then store the weed in the freezer.

I put it so that the packages are never agitated, so no trichs will fall off. WHen I take it out of the freezer I let it get to room temp. I even store it untrimmed :).

But this way I get the best quality and the loudest terpenes for vaping. They smell like they are still on the plant and taste the same.

I remove the leaflets just prior to consumption. It is a controversial method as people who never tested it say the weed will come out squishy or you will lose potency but I have tested enough to know it is bullshit provided you do it correctly.

For freezing you really have to test it before storage, It needs to be really good before being frozen.

DunHav`nFun

I can testify from the school of hard knocks over close to 15 yrs outside and another 20 +/- inside before retirement that the EASIEST way to store properly dried and cured dope is to freeze it and put it in suspended animation....got condensation in the bags ?....

Just remove product from said condensating bag and acclimate to ambient room temps and all`s good....problem solved....now....Since pot`s best stored at a constant 62% relative humidity like Cigar Humidors are designed for properly dried , cured tobacco products , the Boveda packs have become popular in the last several yrs to prevent moisture loss during storage in normal ambient temp conditions.....but.....

Depending on ambient room temps product is stored at , after 6 months or less , even in sealed containers , chlorophyll degradation will occur and green dope turns into brown dope signifying "old dope" , so if yas wanna keep shit indefinitely ….. freeze it …..if it needs to dry out more after thawed out , let it....guaranteed it`ll be identical to what was put in though ….bet on it.....

Common sense and the knowledge that pot`s 80% water and what`s left or even lil drier is what you smoke should rule the day and be the grower`s focus........anyways......my 2 cents from all those yrs.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:

I can testify from the school of hard knocks over close to 15 yrs outside and another 20 +/- inside before retirement that the EASIEST way to store properly dried and cured dope is to freeze it and put it in suspended animation....got condensation in the bags ?....

Just remove product from said condensating bag and acclimate to ambient room temps and all`s good....problem solved....

Nice one dhf sounds like sage advice. Ive got no experience freezing except in the great outdoors, my solution was bury it deeper- does it want to be a dedicated freezer. Does the frost free function on freezers cause any probs for smaller quantities.

No doubt underground it looses quality over time and some of the actives degrade to sleepier time weed. Good if you find yourself swimming in it season to season put pointless for an elbow or two unless its an emergency.