Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organic Pest/Dieases IPM 101

Thread Title Search
Organic Pest/Dieases IPM 101 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2017, 02:14 AM #111
Thcvhunter

Thcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to all
What is the difference between a "soap" and potassium silicate?
At what point does a surfactant solution become a soap?
Thcvhunter is offline Quote

Old 03-07-2017, 02:19 AM #112
Thcvhunter

Thcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to allThcvhunter is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPretaGrown View Post
Heres my Organic pest management recipe,
Ive got fungus knats and stink bugs

I used :

1 gallon water
3 spoon fulls of Dr Bonners soap, i had citrus on hand. Which has a citrus essential oil already added

Several essential oils

40-50 drops of Eucalyptus oil
15 drops Lavender oil
15 drops Orange oil
15 drops Lemon oil
25 drops peppermint oil
Spoon full of dried cayenne pepper

I sprayed on the underside and top side of my plants. My eyes were burning and tearing up when I was done. Should do the trick, ill hit them a few more times over the course of the week.

For the fungus knats In addition I dusted a heavy layer of diatomaceous earth on my the top of my soil and added mosquitoes bits, from the makers of mosquios dunks only in granular form, it contains Bacillus thuringiensis, which is a bacteria toxic to fungus knats, with benefits of mirobes for soil. I also have yellow sticky paper out to watch for them.
That is a Lot of essential oil.
I use about 20 drops total, 35total if I need to go nuclear.
Be careful of your health - at high concentrations, essential oils can harm mammals(us, pets).
One only need apply enough essential oil to disrupt the hormones of the insect and plant. And hormones are affected by the smallest of doses. As for the properties of melting chitin exoskeletons, not much is needed there either.
Essential oils are super concentrated and only a little bit is needed per gallon. Its more about the right blend then the quantity.
And finally, poisons are most effective in small doses.
Thcvhunter is offline Quote

Old 03-07-2017, 03:48 AM #113
moses wellfleet

moses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thcvhunter View Post
That is a Lot of essential oil.
I use about 20 drops total, 35total if I need to go nuclear.
Be careful of your health - at high concentrations, essential oils can harm mammals(us, pets).
One only need apply enough essential oil to disrupt the hormones of the insect and plant. And hormones are affected by the smallest of doses. As for the properties of melting chitin exoskeletons, not much is needed there either.
Essential oils are super concentrated and only a little bit is needed per gallon. Its more about the right blend then the quantity.
And finally, poisons are most effective in small doses.
Agreed, it may be natural but the stuff is potent. I got a tiny amount of pure cinnamon oil on the back of my hand I couldn't believe how it burnt my skin! I got respect for essential oils now!
moses wellfleet is online now Quote

Old 03-07-2017, 09:50 AM #114
TerraPretaGrown

TerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really niceTerraPretaGrown is just really nice
Well then I went triple nuclear wrapped in a few hundred sidewinder missles with the mix. Total disruption in a bugs life. I felt what I put in was reasonable in a gallon. Yeah it was strong which is what I wanted and it seemed to do the trick. i can see lil specks of the cayenne pepper on the leafs hope the lil bugs the hot flakes. all are very healthy no leaf curling no drooping. I had an exrta box fan to help dry out the plants as well. ill use less on my next few rounds.

My plants are 3-4 feet tall, im in 25 gal pots. Still in veg.
TerraPretaGrown is offline Quote

Old 03-10-2017, 04:07 AM #115
delicorganic

delicorganic is just really nicedelicorganic is just really nicedelicorganic is just really nicedelicorganic is just really nicedelicorganic is just really nicedelicorganic is just really nicedelicorganic is just really nicedelicorganic is just really nice
Smile birthdays

του βούρκου λιβανίζετε την μπόχα!"
-Κ.Βάρναλης

-greek red landrace sativa-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=337622

-Nevilles haze(Mr.nice)+Panama(ACE)-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=337132
delicorganic is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:09 AM #116
delicorganic

delicorganic is just really nicedelicorganic is just really nicedelicorganic is just really nicedelicorganic is just really nicedelicorganic is just really nicedelicorganic is just really nicedelicorganic is just really nicedelicorganic is just really nice
Wink prevention is always better

του βούρκου λιβανίζετε την μπόχα!"
-Κ.Βάρναλης

-greek red landrace sativa-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=337622

-Nevilles haze(Mr.nice)+Panama(ACE)-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=337132
delicorganic is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:40 AM #117
rollinfunk

rollinfunk will become famous soon enough
When should you start doing a foliar spray (karaja, aloe, etc...)? How old? A couple of weeks? thanks
rollinfunk is offline Quote

Old 10-07-2017, 07:03 AM #118
CannaRed

CannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really niceCannaRed is just really nice
I have a couple of oz. Of moldy material. Some was moldy when harvested. Other molded after blasting/extraction. I always save all plant material to compost, or to top dress 3 gal pots, or I thought about trying to make a Cannabis FPE. If I add the moldy stuff to compost (before it heats up) will the plants that are grown in it get mold? Or will it the heat kill it, but leaving the soil with mold antibodies, sorta giving it a vaccination?
CannaRed is offline Quote

Old 10-09-2017, 09:50 PM #119
truck

truck will become famous soon enoughtruck will become famous soon enough
Trifecta Boost and Trifecta Crop Control. I run both at 2ml per gallon in 30 gallons and use either a 1 GALLON OR 2 GALLON per minute dramm spray nozzle. I've heard guys using as little as 1/2 ml of boost and 1 ml crop control in 60-500 gallon tanks. The bigger the tank the less ml/gal you need of each. I believe this is from how much surface area is being covered of the entire grow and wash the plants vs. just misting them too. You can even go crazy and get a 4gal/min nozzle and blast them. But That is only if you plants are crawling. Drench your soil with it too. Its systemic and you will eventually smell the systemic response in the smell and taste of leaf sap. The other major test is check your crop with a microscope before and after every spray to double check to make sure you are getting a kill off. I've had russet mites bad. I run Organocide at 1oz per gallon with the boost at 1-2 mil per gallon with epsom salt at 1ml per gallon, I also add 1 oz neem oil every other spray to my organocide mix. Seems to keep the bugs guessing. I will also mix in some calcium and kelp as well to up my nutrient load at certain points too. Plus they have their own ability to fight bugs and disease.
truck is offline Quote

Old 10-09-2017, 09:54 PM #120
truck

truck will become famous soon enoughtruck will become famous soon enough
P.S. if you have had russet mites never stop spraying. You must spray ever week if not ever 3 days until the day you retire. They come back every-time i stop spraying. They blow in on the wind currents and live on everything outside. So unless you have a air locked facility with air showers, you will get these bad boys. Start your IPM asap and never stop.
truck is offline Quote