What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

800W CMH and 400W HPS Perpetual

Hey WhoMan! I wish the fight were going faster..... I would have to suggest that since the predatory mites take a while to get established, you should use these as early as possible! The first company I ordered the mites from lost my order and I lost about 10 days waiting for mites that would never show.... I tried Neem oil, a Pyrethrum bomb, even Safer 3-in-1 and it seemed to only slow them down a bit (which is weird because Neem has worked well for me in the past).

Hey reafer, sorry about the lingo.... Flipping plants is when you go from Veg to flowering light schedule. Depending on how tall they are when you switch the light cycle will effect how tall/big your plants end up, so if you want to do 15 5 gal buckets without the plants being too cramped you just might want to consider that. I only mention this because I was battling Powdery Mildew in my set-up because I had too many plants too close together, and that was restricting the light/airflow each was getting (sometimes less can be more!!) Actually when I take a 5 gallon bucket in the tent, it looks like 15 in there might be pushing it.... They will all fit in there, but when the plants start getting bigger you may run in to some space problems. I guess the only thing I can say is try it out and see for yourself, and if you do put more plants in there, make sure your airflow is better then it needs to be since you can always regulate a fan, but you can't increase the amount of air it pushes or pulls.

Thanks for stopping in!

Flowering Tent Update

Flowering Tent Update

I will try and update my line-up every once in a while since I have a lot of turn-around.

Cannalope Haze-Day 66 (flushing, HUGE main cola-plant is almost all bud and no leaves, plant will be a massive yielder.... wish my clone of this didn't die)
Headband-Day 56 (flushing, buds are too heavy and falling over, strong diesel/almost lemony smell)
Rocklock-Day 49 (flushing, will pull early since I am finding some nanners on it)
Bubba Gum-Day 49 (STRONG lemon/pine smell, heavy resin production, still battling mites on this plant)
Cannalope Haze-Day 41
Mcshiva-Day 35
Agent Orange-Day 28 (Orangish smell, a lot of early resin production and bud formation, topped; in smart pot)
Gonzo-Day 25 (Finally stopped stretching, also a lot of resin production)
Pineapple Punch-Day 21 (Sativa pheno)
Quick Mist Diesel-Day 18 (Topped and trained)
Flo-Day 13 (Probably should have topped this plant)
G-13 -Day 13 (excited to see this plant!)
Jacks Cleaner 2- Day 11 (FIM'd this plant, also excited about this one)
Blue Dream-Day 7
Gonzo- Day 1 (topped)

Plants move around the tent depending on age... basically they start on either side under the CMH for first couple weeks, middle of flower they go under the HPS and get side lighting from the CMH's, then finish the last 2 weeks under the CMH (but also getting supplemental HPS light).

I like the 3 light set-up so far, multiple lights is making it so there is a lot less shaded areas in the tent since there are more light sources. I think I will be upgrading to a 600W HPS soon for the middle, hopefully the tent can handle the heat..... if temps get too high I will simply change my ventilation and air-cool my hood and new light.

Right Side-
picture.php

Middle- (Taken from the left side)
picture.php

Left Side- (Sorry about the left side light being on)
picture.php

I will update with pictures of Headband and Cannalope Haze that will be pulled soon. I can't wait to try Headband as I have heard a lot about it :woohoo:

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you want to save that C-haze Reveg her. It's simple after harvest leave some of those scraggley buds at the bottom left on. put her back in the veg room and give just plain water. In a week or two you will start noticing a few weired looking leaves and a few weeks after that you will see new shoots that you will be able to clone. It takes some time but if she's worth saving give it a shot.

Thanks for the idea Guyute! I am going to that with the Maui Wowie I just cut to test it out since I lost the clone of that plant as well.

Small update

Small update

Rocklock was pulled yesterday because nanners nanners nanners! Too many damn nanners for me to continue to pick off so she is outta there!

Cannalope Haze will be pulled tomorrow @ day 72. She looks to be quite the yielder, but I hope she smokes well. I will post pics of her tomorrow Her main cola is probably bigger then my head.....

Headband is flushing nicely and will be pulled at the end of the week. She is putting off quite the diesel- fuel smell and is plumping up nicely.... Trichs are 20 percent clear, 70 cloudy, and 10 amber so I will pull her after her next flush dose.

Bubba Gum will also be pulled early due to the mite battle..... I added the predators too late so I am flushing her and she is in the dunce corner of my tent until she finishes..... Luckily I have a mother of her going so I will be more aggresive with keeping her mite free next round. I am really interested in this plant as it has a lot of resin and smells very strong.... Any people familiar with Bros Grimm seeds? This plant was a cross between an unknown BG male and a Hash Plant.... I have liked what I have read about many of Bros Grimm strains but never had the pleasure to try any.

Agent Orange has quite the orange STANK to her, also huge amounts of resin..... I think she will be a potent one.

Jacks Cleaner 2 already has quite a bit of resin production, and it has only been flowering for 2 weeks so far.

Blue Moon Rocks, Warlock and Blue Madness have been added to the flowering chamber, and Sour Bubble should be joining them when Headband walks the plank later this week.

I will post some pictures tomorrow of Cannalope and Headband, I'm off to bed because I have some early choppin to do! Keep it green!

W

WhoMan

Loving this thread. Keep the updates rolling in. I can almost taste the bud from here. WHOA

Cannalope Haze CHOP!

Cannalope Haze CHOP!

Thanks again Jaime and Whoman!

Cannalope Haze was pretty easy to trim.... I ended up chopping her at 72, although I think it could have gone a bit longer, but I wanted to finish this plant and get the new ones in there to free up some space. I was surprised because it said it would finish in 7-9 weeks.

Cannalope Haze main Cola! :yoinks:
picture.php

Can Haze full-shot
picture.php

Cannalope prechop:
picture.php

These buds are peerty
picture.php

Trim was really easy and smells like straight up like Melons! Cant wait to taste her.....:canabis::smoke:

'Nother Update!

'Nother Update!

Here is Headband that is flushing @ 62 days.... I will chop it next time at this time, at 62 days, but I want to flush it a bit more so I will chop it Fri or Sat. (I also want to free up some space in my drying tent... I don't like drying to much at the same time to keep humidity low)

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the STINKY Agent Orange at 34 days:
picture.php

Quick Mist Diesel day 24:
picture.php

Blue Dream day 12:
picture.php

G-13 day 18:
picture.php

Updated Veg chamber:
picture.php

Bandit-You know where I found it! At Clear Lake about 2 months ago or so..... They had to veg longer because of my move but I think I will be rewarded in the end for it! Thanks for stopping by man

Bye for now Headband, until next time....

Bye for now Headband, until next time....

Haha thanks Jaime! I have something that may help that nausea.....:smoke:
I am still tuned into the Cheeseberry scrog, everything looks good on your end so far, keep it up man and you too will be rewarded!

Today Headband came down, was pretty easy to manicure and was VERY stinky with a very diesel/sour diesel smell. The green stuff in the picture (besides the GREEN) is plant twist ties that I had to use support the branches as the buds filled out the last couple weeks.... She will be a keeper for SURE!

picture.php

picture.php

If the tester I took yesterday and quick dried is any indication, this will probably be my favorite grown so far.... potency is nice and will only get better with a slow dry and cure, I almost can't wait!

T

theBluntedOne

nice set up you have there, it is giving me some inspiration! Love the strain game

Thanks BluntedOne! I love it too, testing out so many different strains trying to find the right one for us is time consuming but what else should I be consuming my time with?!

I'm always happy to hear I'm inspiring anyone.... I have learned so much from all of you here at IC Mag and most of my success with this is due to you all here.

So I'm just thanking everyone here for helping me help myself I guess!

W

WhoMan

Ahhhhh dammmmnn. We are all jonezin here bro and you know it. Excellent goddamn work pimp. WM

Whoman, you're keeping me on my toes with all of your avatar changes! It's cool tho, variety is what it's all about! What do you think about the Satori? I've been thinking about grabbing some of those and some Kalichakra from Mandala.

Doktoren, thanks man! I'm fortunate to live in Nor-Cal so there is so much available that it's actually hard to choose what to do! I moved here about 4 years ago, didn't grow before I came here, and I actually came here for my girlfriend, not to grow at all. Boy was I shocked when I got here!!! I really had NO IDEA what it was like up here, *I was ignorant about such things.... anyway, I'm rambling, that headhand has me off on a tangent and it hasn't even been cured yet!

Ganjagrower, that's a good question as I dont weigh my harvests. I haven't really had a reason to because it's all for me and my girl.... they get cut and go into mason jars for curing after they're dried. I have been curious though, maybe I'll go get a scale.

I will update with pics in a moment, thanks for comments everyone!

Chopped down BG due to mites..... Looks like I lost the mite battle as the enemy had fortified too much and were able to repel my predator invaders:dueling: :violin::badday:

Oh well, I took a cut long ago and will see what round 2 brings! I have lost that battle but the war must go on! She sure is a stinker, kinda lemon-hash smelling. I think I will take it to about 70 days next run judging by what the trichs looked like.