What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED micro box

rastapaul

First time growing micro style and first grow in what feels like forever, I've been in Oz for the last 18 months and couldn't even smoke while I was there so I'm pretty excited to get growing again now I'm back in the UK.
Box size is W 46cm, D 37 cm, H 93 cm
The light is a 139 watt Zeus 308 from LED tech and a Meanwell driver
Exhaust is a 4 inch EC acoustic fan with controller and a Rhino filter
At the moment it has 2 40mm passive intakes but I'll be adding another 1 maybe 2 if it needs it
It's fully insulated with 6mm foam boards, diamond sheeting covering the walls and a double door for extra light leak protection
It's not quite finished yet and is a bit messy but it's running at about 6 C above the ambient room temp with the fan running at 50% and the light at 100%, once the light is dimmed, the extra intakes added and everything finished off I think it'll be spot on.
I lost all my seeds not long before I went to Oz but had given my brother 5 each of 2 crosses I made so that's what I will be growing to start with, it's 2 different Simply irresistible females crossed to a Kings kush x Blockhead male both from Chimera.
I'll start 3 seeds in the hope of a single female which will be grown in a 30 litre fabric pot, organic soil and trained to fill the space.

Some pics

I'll post updates when the plants are up and growing
Much respect

Ras

Rouxdy

Pullin' up a chair. I have a similar type of cab. I'm finishing a grow and pollen run now and then I am doing a cab renovation before starting again.

Aaah, what a nice cab!
Plenty of light and a huge pot as for a micro.
Should be interrresting!!
What about adding a quite 12V fan to cool the LED radiator to prevent the temperature degradation?

rastapaul

Pullin' up a chair. I have a similar type of cab. I'm finishing a grow and pollen run now and then I am doing a cab renovation before starting again.

Yes I rasta roll a fat blunt and take a seat, hopefully I wont make a total mess of it on my first run :biggrin:

Ras

rastapaul

Aaah, what a nice cab!
Plenty of light and a huge pot as for a micro.
Should be interrresting!!
What about adding a quite 12V fan to cool the LED radiator to prevent the temperature degradation?

Hey Strange that's my next job, I'm thinking 2 pc fans to cool the light and 1 or 2 for air movement.
After running the light for about 5 hours yesterday I did notice the heat sink getting pretty hot so it's definitely needed.
Much respect

Ras

rastapaul

Soils been mixed (about 25 litres) and some small pots ready for the seeds, if anyone wants to know what the soil mix is let me know.

Ras

Rouxdy

Hey Strange that's my next job, I'm thinking 2 pc fans to cool the light and 1 or 2 for air movement.
After running the light for about 5 hours yesterday I did notice the heat sink getting pretty hot so it's definitely needed.
Much respect

Ras

I found these for my retrofit. I plan to put one toward the plant and the other on top of the heatsink. They have some larger ones as well.

rastapaul

I found these for my retrofit. I plan to put one toward the plant and the other on top of the heatsink. They have some larger ones as well.

Hey Rouxdy I'm just gonna salvage the pc fans from some old computers my brother has and wire them to an old phone charger if I can

Ras

rastapaul

Nice Cab broda, any more info on those strains? Ill be following along! Best vibes!

Hey Buddah yeah the varieties that make up the cross are Simply irresistible (mother), which is Incense haze x sweet skunk and King's kush x Blockhead (father).

The Simply irresistible is a longer flowering NLD type with lemon, incense and haze scents and a long lasting head high with not much body to it.
The King x Blockhead is more on the BLD side of things with fruit, pine and a musky, earthy background and a heavy body high with a little head to it.
If you want any more info on them though Buddah pop over to the chimera seeds sub forum in seed boutiques forum, there's quite a lot of info on the Simply irresistible var with plenty of pics and descriptions.
But the King x Blockhead not so much, although the Blockhead has been used with other crosses so you might get some info on it from looking at other varieties it's been used in.
And all I know about the kings kush is that it's a clone only from Canada that has pink pistils.

Much respect rasta

Ras

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Right on broda! Thanks for the info, sounds like a cool cross will be cool seeing the outcome... Have you been able to run any of the parents strains? How much height space do you have from the top of the pots to the LEDS?

I like you setup! Should be a good run, best of luck!