What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Philippine Kalinga

Dang, never knew there was a thread for Filipino genetics. HAHA. thanks to dubi for pursuing the filipino cannaculture by growing some kalinga seeds. Ive a question tho, are the purple plants really from Kalinga seeds? I never knew there were any of those traits in Philippine weed. HAHa. guess i still have alot to learn. Ive been smoking for prolly 3 years now, have tried everything from Baguio gold and the sagada hash but man! you grew a purple PI weed? HAHa. Props brotha. Help the Filipino weed culture! :yeahthats

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I had some very stoned experieces in the PI in the early 80s. Damn I wish I could relive any of that. I don't care how long it takes to flower. I want a long term sativa under a string of fully adjustable CFLs. That is a dream of mine anyway.

Hello randude,

Im glad to hear you had good experiences with filipine weed years ago, sure it's not the typical imported weed to smoke!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dang, never knew there was a thread for Filipino genetics. HAHA. thanks to dubi for pursuing the filipino cannaculture by growing some kalinga seeds. Ive a question tho, are the purple plants really from Kalinga seeds? I never knew there were any of those traits in Philippine weed. HAHa. guess i still have alot to learn. Ive been smoking for prolly 3 years now, have tried everything from Baguio gold and the sagada hash but man! you grew a purple PI weed? HAHa. Props brotha. Help the Filipino weed culture! :yeahthats

Welcome mickohmick, thanks for your warm words.

Yes, the seeds came from kalinga, source sent seeds from other places like sagada but i still must find time to explore them. Kalinga had some mediocre plants but the good ones were real good, one of the best hashy- floral/jasmine aromas i've tried in a landrace sativa.

Please, feel free to post your experiences with Baguio Gold and Sagada, it's always good to know more about the filipine canna culture.

Train 2 Bangkok

I leave next Friday for a 3 week trip to the Philippines! Am going to Bagio and Sagada for a few days. If time permits we will travel further north into Kalinga province. I have heard so many conflicting stories about the origins of Bagio Gold and Sagada Gold, I just have to go there and find out for myself!

I'm really interested in collecting pure land race seeds. Not sure how much success we will have, but it will be fun trying!

E

elmanito

Great thread about the Philippines genetics.I smoked some Philippines buds 17 years ago, bought in a shop in Rotterdam.They had several sativa's on the menu also from Indonesia and Ghana.
The purple buds looks like the one from Colombia

9982PICT4148.JPG

Namaste :canabis:

L

Lilly456

Now that weed looks fine indeed!!!I want it, I like the long flowering sativas too, hell the longer the better.I have a few fast afghanis that I like too but you are going to have a hard time beating Ace to the punch...:joint::joint:Enjoy everyone...:joint:

gkn

is great to see all these landrace strains alive and available, many who very few people know! thanks again to ACE and CBG for their cannaloving work!

scaramanga

I've heard nice things about the weed from the PI. My buddy used to get weed from there shipped to him sealed in cans in the early to mid eighties. According to him it was as good as any high quality Mexican or Colombian; he was a real oldtimer.

Beautiful buds Elmanito. K+

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High friends,

hopefully next season will find more time and energy to reproduce again Kalinga and other filipino landraces, now we are very busy with other sativa projects, mainly oldtimer's haze and meao thai hybrids.

dubi i like with what youre doing to filipino landrace sativas. good job on the grows man. wish i could do that myself. haha. anyway, if any of you guys reading this thread are coming to the philippines anytime soon, id be happy to show you around the smoke scene here and give you some seeds to take home. just try and smuggle me some hash or bho!! hahaha fuck. id smoke that even if you guys hid it under your balls or whatnot. lol. peaceout. :joint:

dubi! long time i haven't been on these forums. i finally had space to run your banghi haze and it turned out amazing! much respect. how are you these days? have you had a chance to run those sagada seeds yet? if not, i hope they are still viable! all the best!

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Hi dubi,

My bf stumbled on this thread today. As I'm originally from the PI (Luzon, near Pangasinan) I have alot of interest in filipino marijuana. Except, I can't find anything about it online except for abusing plants..

I visited your website but I see there's no Kalinga seeds..I was wondering if you were offering these/and if you are going to offer them?

Thanks and happy growing.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great thread about the Philippines genetics.I smoked some Philippines buds 17 years ago, bought in a shop in Rotterdam.They had several sativa's on the menu also from Indonesia and Ghana.
The purple buds looks like the one from Colombia

Namaste :canabis:

Beautiful sativa dried buds manito :yummy: Is a colombian or a Philippine sativa?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
dubi! long time i haven't been on these forums. i finally had space to run your banghi haze and it turned out amazing! much respect. how are you these days? have you had a chance to run those sagada seeds yet? if not, i hope they are still viable! all the best!

It's great to see you back smoke tayo,

Im glad to hear you are enjoying the Bangis! Hopefully Sagada and other PI sativas will be reproduced next season, yes i hope they are still viable friend! take care. dubi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi dubi,

My bf stumbled on this thread today. As I'm originally from the PI (Luzon, near Pangasinan) I have alot of interest in filipino marijuana. Except, I can't find anything about it online except for abusing plants..

I visited your website but I see there's no Kalinga seeds..I was wondering if you were offering these/and if you are going to offer them?

Thanks and happy growing.

Welcome hippie lettuce,

It's great to see more PI growers and cannabis lovers around! We produced a small Kalinga P2 stock, mainly for preservation. Only a few packs were released mainly between breeders, hopefully we can offer you a more selected and fresh P3 Kalinga stock next year.

SativaBreather

Veteran
hi dubi
are these kalinga anything like the violetta? are u doing any work with the violetta?
regards
sativabreather

B

buddymate

I actually have some Pinoy seeds growing outdoors in the UK,100% sativa and not even starting to flower so no hope at all for them as winter is almost upon us,I wasnt expecting them to flower anyway,they were just an experiment,I collected the seeds in Zamboanga earlier this year,I will try and get some pics of the plants in the next few days,they are 7000 miles away from home:cool:

Attachments

• DSC03090.jpg
    DSC03090.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC03093.jpg
    DSC03093.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Zamboanga,mindanao,2009. (Small).jpg
    Zamboanga,mindanao,2009. (Small).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Zambo,2009..jpg
    Zambo,2009..jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 23

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hi dubi
are these kalinga anything like the violetta? are u doing any work with the violetta?
regards
sativabreather

Welcome sativabreather,

Yes, the Kalinga we have posted and reproduced is what others are calling 'violetta'. There are also other Kalinga and PI sativas waiting for reproduction but unfortunatly we can not guarantee any concrete release date.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I actually have some Pinoy seeds growing outdoors in the UK,100% sativa and not even starting to flower so no hope at all for them as winter is almost upon us,I wasnt expecting them to flower anyway,they were just an experiment,I collected the seeds in Zamboanga earlier this year,I will try and get some pics of the plants in the next few days,they are 7000 miles away from home:cool:

Hello buddymate,

Maybe you can finish them indoors if your climate is not warm in autumn. Should be interesting to experience the flowering traits of your PI sativa.
Good luck!