What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Philippine Kalinga

moe

mostly 50% of humidity ;p
but the box is full of books (than perhaps can dry a lot of humidity)
and i have zip bag.(no fridge cause i share different basement for living)
i want to store somes seeds cause i grow only a few ! (maybe 5 by years)
and i don't want to lose all the varieties each year since u have so much interessant one :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
moe said:
mostly 50% of humidity ;p
but the box is full of books (than perhaps can dry a lot of humidity)
and i have zip bag.(no fridge cause i share different basement for living)
i want to store somes seeds cause i grow only a few ! (maybe 5 by years)
and i don't want to lose all the varieties each year since u have so much interessant one :)

Hello moe,

i think it should be fine, 50 % is not much humidity, remember to put some gel silica inside the box with the seeds and let the box in a dark hide place. Good luck!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
cyburnt,

mmmmm both females are very very sativa. Have you found any hermie trait? And a pure male for reproduction?

Thanks for the update, they are looking lovely! dubi

moe

dubi said:
Hello moe,

i think it should be fine, 50 % is not much humidity, remember to put some gel silica inside the box with the seeds and let the box in a dark hide place. Good luck!

thank u
i just find silica gel, hard to find cause it is the thing i often put in trash ;)

cyburnt

Unfortunately, no males

Unfortunately, no males

Only cracked 2 seeds and they were both girls but I think I have a few left. Next time I will do seeds if possible. This round I'll be making a few hybrids.

PS. no hermies yet but I'll be watching. I wouldn't mind a few selfed :redface:

Last edited:

Slim Pickens

Veteran
hazelover said:
can someone pls tell me why i could use my pm last time but now ive been told i dont have enough posts?
sorry i cant check my posts if you sent to me.

This happened to me as well....one day I logged on and had pm's but could not reply to them,because suddenly I didn't have enough posts.I believe that they must have changed the rules somewhat,and now you need 50 posts to use the pm feature....kinda sad.

It sounds like you and I reside in the same area of the world...although I could be mistaken...siguro?

B

bonecarver_OG

dubi - u never cease to impress me!

awesome work! and very nice plant! :D

peace

supahdupah

very cool thread!
i love landraces...
much respect to dubi and the ace collectice that preserves all these strains.

bigbag

Veteran
manilla vanilla....flavour of the month.this one was popular back in the late 60's(san francisco area).wonder what became of it?

T

texsativa

I'm surprised to hear of these raids, I'm sure it is like a marketing scheme, to show big brother there is a war on marijuana in the Philippines. However, off in the provinces growing marijuana is not that big of a deal. It is definitely around grown openly without problems. This is province though, not in the city.

Next time I'm in Baguio I will definitely keep an eye out for the gold and the hash.

llamabox

Here's mine at 4 weeks.
Grown at 11/13 light from seed.
Had 14 plants and 3 males, so I started another 6 seeds to bring it to an even 20 plants.

And my 3 males.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great llamabox! :smile:

Have you got more info about your philippine strain? Good luck for your reproduction.

Last season i didnt work with any philippine, im thinking to try a new one for this outdoor season, maybe baguio or sagada sativa.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
llamabox said:
It's your Kalinga Dubi.

These are from the P3 Peter did.

I didnt know it llamabox,

It's good to know other growers are working to improve this kind of lines. Peter did a great work avoiding hermie plants and doing open pollination with P2 generation parental plants. Im sure your P3 reproduction is going to be successful too!

Are you growing seeds from selected P2 females or is it a P2 seed mix?

llamabox

Good question. I asked the same thing.

Hey Peter, I was wondering if these Kalinga seeds are from a certian plant or set of parents or are they all from open pollination?

And he replied...

I made an open pollinisation, but I followed the advice of dubi and I made a little "selection" :

I avoid this kind of plants:

- Any hermie parental plant.
- Plants that refuse to flower while her sisters are flowering correctly.
- Low potency plants.
- Low terpene quality plants.

I had 14 moms and 3 dad on 25 plants 80% of moms have a purple colors !

budvapor

buyind bud in RP?

buyind bud in RP?

great thread! thanks all for the info! nice plants :)

what's it like in RP as a tourist getting some weed? i heard you can get it at bars and hotels. is that true? what about in the province, at a place like dumaguete for example?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High llamabox,

How is going your P3 Kalinga grow? Please, let us know.

Latest posts

Latest posts