What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

All the California growers

caliprop215

Veteran
Lets see some of our work!

The suns shining we all sweating working hard.

Everything seems to be out of state i know theres a few peeps on here...

Show some plants or something guys

.:tiphat: hope all garden are growing well

Attachments

• 20180625_121129.jpg
    20180625_121129.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 17

Vaporbud

Nice growing Caliprop215! Yes it's been damn hot but Im liking this cooling for the next few days. Here is my small backyard grow:

This is Chem D X Galadriel

Ace Purple Haze X KaliChina

Ace Golden Tiger

and GG4 X SD-IBL (DJXX)

Vaporbud

Hey caliprop215 thanks! Nah man they are here... Just look around. Hows the plants likin this hot weather dude?

Chappi

Bro I wish, I live in a cookie cutter home and my neighbors would probably narc me out to the HOA about the smell...maybe if I grow a ton of those onion smelling plants next to it haha

Looking great tho, super jelly over here

caliprop215

Veteran
The plants doin alright. Growth seems slow.....

Yea everyones welcome!

I got neighbors right over that 6ft fence it sucks so i gotta keep my plants short n stout

Nice plants man

Here the garden like 4 days ago

Attachments

• 20180707_152024.jpg
    20180707_152024.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180711_113144.jpg
    20180711_113144.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 19

Mengsk

Hey cali your plants look great. I don't know about slow growth but those look really low, compared to having 1-2 feet of airspace above the soil. Any difference? idk

The organocide 3 in 1 seems to be working so far

caliprop215

Veteran
Hey cali your plants look great. I don't know about slow growth but those look really low, compared to having 1-2 feet of airspace above the soil. Any difference? idk

The organocide 3 in 1 seems to be working so far

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77539&pictureid=1867979&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
Thanks

I didnt think about the low air flow but i clean out the insides every couple weeks takes like 30 min a plant.....pull off hundreds of leafs .these damn indicas grow thick n short. Which is what i need tho

CrushnYuba

The plants doin alright. Growth seems slow.....

Yea everyones welcome!

I got neighbors right over that 6ft fence it sucks so i gotta keep my plants short n stout

Nice plants man

Here the garden like 4 days ago

I'm curious Why u think the growth Is slow. Do you think it's just the heavy training or do u think it's some Other factor? Is it really even that slow?
Are you comparing growth speed to another year that you Did this garden with the same training method?
I know you have a short fence. Training alone does slow down growth tremendously. Seems like the more you train the slower they grow. When i put small clones directly into the ground With lots off lateral root space, they naturally grow wider then tall. This is more so With clones then seed and more so With certain strains. I think it's because Its because plants grow in a pattern that mimics their root structure.
Untrained plants kind of have the perfect framework for water/food delivery and growth. A main stem With main lateral branches coming off growing out wide. Then smaller branches coming off feeding even smaller branches. Once you mess with that you have shoots competing With each other for dominance instead of a framework of larger branches to smaller ones.

I am just wondering if the slow growth u think you are experiencing can be fixed or if it's just normal for that style off growing.

caliprop215

Veteran
I'm curious Why u think the growth Is slow. Do you think it's just the heavy training or do u think it's some Other factor? Is it really even that slow?
Are you comparing growth speed to another year that you Did this garden with the same training method?
I know you have a short fence. Training alone does slow down growth tremendously. Seems like the more you train the slower they grow. When i put small clones directly into the ground With lots off lateral root space, they naturally grow wider then tall. This is more so With clones then seed and more so With certain strains. I think it's because Its because plants grow in a pattern that mimics their root structure.
Untrained plants kind of have the perfect framework for water/food delivery and growth. A main stem With main lateral branches coming off growing out wide. Then smaller branches coming off feeding even smaller branches. Once you mess with that you have shoots competing With each other for dominance instead of a framework of larger branches to smaller ones.

I am just wondering if the slow growth u think you are experiencing can be fixed or if it's just normal for that style off growing.
Im not sure y slow growth.... I thought i missing some vitals nutes but most plants are nice and green.

Then i thought i wasnt watering enough so i water every 2 days now and foilar spray every 2 days....

It could be from tieing plants doen and since there is so many tops it takes longer to grow all of them beacause they all fighting for the top ...i duno..

Im nit sure if it can be fixed since i dont know the problem.there could be no problem at all and its just these slow growing indicas or my soil or my nutes..

Or i just look at the plants too often...u guys tell me
..u see a diference in growth between each update....i duno guys.

Smoke one

CrushnYuba

What is your soil amendments/feeding like? Are the leafs overly dark? Is there a chance they have to muxh organic nitrogen and they are exhibiting nitrogen abundance? That can definitely slow down growth but it takes allot of nitrogen.

Indica plants just don't grow fast in general. They make up for it with being all bud. They definitely don't respond as well to topping and training. It just slows them down wayy to much.

I tried doing a similar tie down thing with outdoor plants before. It worked inside but didn't work for me with the long veg outside. Plants ended up almost the same height and not even close to as wide as the plants i didn't tie down. I ended up with a billion thin shoots all growing vertically with small buds.
I would like to try a giant scrog with a fast growing plant to see what happens.

caliprop215

Veteran
What is your soil amendments/feeding like? Are the leafs overly dark? Is there a chance they have to muxh organic nitrogen and they are exhibiting nitrogen abundance? That can definitely slow down growth but it takes allot of nitrogen.

Indica plants just don't grow fast in general. They make up for it with being all bud. They definitely don't respond as well to topping and training. It just slows them down wayy to much.

I tried doing a similar tie down thing with outdoor plants before. It worked inside but didn't work for me with the long veg outside. Plants ended up almost the same height and not even close to as wide as the plants i didn't tie down. I ended up with a billion thin shoots all growing vertically with small buds.
I would like to try a giant scrog with a fast growing plant to see what happens.

No amendments. Right now im using compost tea and bottle nutrients....

Soil is 65 pecent happy hippy mix. 25 pecernt compost and 10 pece t native soil.

No not overly green actually been lightening up a little so i went harder on the nutes last feeding....

Thats what im goin for a billion medium nugs not 20 main tops and bottom swag

CrushnYuba

Then its not nitrogen abundance. Its probably pretty normal growth for being an Indica and the training.
I hope you don't mind me asking questions and offering input. I know you didn't ask for any help.

Do you have allot of outdoor experience?
It can be pretty hard to get outdoor plants what they need with only bottled nutes. Just with all that sun and root space they can metabolize so fast. Have you considered any top dressing? It would definitely reduce cost and labor, and would make more nutrients available for of they need it. Very hard to over fertalize with top dressing.

If the plants need it they will use it. If not it will remain in the soil for next year.

caliprop215

Veteran
Then its not nitrogen abundance. Its probably pretty normal growth for being an Indica and the training.
I hope you don't mind me asking questions and offering input. I know you didn't ask for any help.

Do you have allot of outdoor experience?
It can be pretty hard to get outdoor plants what they need with only bottled nutes. Just with all that sun and root space they can metabolize so fast. Have you considered any top dressing? It would definitely reduce cost and labor, and would make more nutrients available for of they need it. Very hard to over fertalize with top dressing.

If the plants need it they will use it. If not it will remain in the soil for next year.

All input greatly appreciated ...please keep it coming.i can only learn more not less....

Definitely considered top dressing just money is short right now

Im moving my movile home to a quarter acre plot so i will have land next year so awesome

What u recremend for top soil dressing since flowering is starting in 2 weeks . Was gna get worm casting for 180 a yard

CrushnYuba

You still Will need allot more N through the year. A ton in stretch and a good bet in flower.
The easiest and cheapest would be shutzman chicken 3 3 2 or pellets 4 3 2. N p k and calcium. Basically an all purpous fert.

6$ for 25lb per plant is pretty affordable. It's probably all you would need Other then a little P and mineral dusts top dressed in flower.

caliprop215

Veteran
You still Will need allot more N through the year. A ton in stretch and a good bet in flower.
The easiest and cheapest would be shutzman chicken 3 3 2 or pellets 4 3 2. N p k and calcium. Basically an all purpous fert.

6$ for 25lb per plant is pretty affordable. It's probably all you would need Other then a little P and mineral dusts top dressed in flower.

What about worm castings i can get quarter yard for 50 bucks?

CrushnYuba

That's a good deal for worm castings for sure. I wouldn't use it as a top dressing though. It's not high in nutrients. More of a grow medium or soil conditioner amendment. Put it in your soil at beginning of the year. You can make it 40% of your entire soil mix and it won't be enough nutrients to get you through a grow.
Its best to use things that are a bit higher in nutrients, that way you aren't building the soil up to high on the plant. I am very careful to keep the stalk exposed and keep top dressings away from that main stalk and root ball. I imagine there is like a 10" ring around the stalk that i keep top dressings away from. I don't even water inside that ring after it has spread it's roots out. This is to prevent stem/root rot.
I try to use things with higher nutrient values as top dressings.
Those shutzman chicken manure pellets have a little of everything in them so it can be used by itself. There are other things you can use but it would have to be a mixture of different stuff.
I think 25lb per plant would get you through veg and would build you up for stretch and flower.
You Will need that stuff for stretch and flower.

then in flower i would top dress PRECIPITATED bone meal or Fossilized sea bird for for P. And some langbeinite and kelp for k + mg.

I usually throw alfalfa in with my top dressings to help it break down and keep my soil alive and eating.