What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica grow outdoors, 44* N

Tiami

when do you plan to transplant, roots are visible on your first picture.

wish you best luck my friend.

yoss33

Veteran
Hi, Tiami!
I'll transplant when the first pre-flowers come, I hope it'll be after a week or so. The plants will surely be limited by the cup size by then, but I don't have 6 pots and space to fit them, I'll select only the best looking female to transplant into a bigger pot.

konopenko

Veteran
Hey yoss what will hapen with other not so perfect females? My advice is: just repot them in recycled colour-plastic pots or use some textile or wood..these plants are to precious to waste them ;)
picture.php

there were two males last year Zamadelica and Tropical mix..I let them live until they showed their cojones :)

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Great start. They should show pre flowers when they get a little rootbound, then quickly pot up or they'll just keep on flowering ( some I've noticed have semi-autoflowering traits ).

Yes every pheno I've had outa 20 seeds (12 females ), were all fantastic and I could of kept them all as keepers. So look after the others !

S

scai

Hmmm...it's perfectly normal have broad leaf style and narrow leaf style.I have always thought that broad leaves are more like Malawi.

At the moment I'm having a very big broad leaf type Zam in a 40 l bucket, 1 m high and next to it is Zam 1 m high and narrow leaf style, sativa like... Those two couldn't be more different, couldn't believe they are same plant ;)

Those both are gone be " trees"
I'm vegging them bit more further and when they branch well, I'll put them to flower, expecting big yield :)

yoss33

Veteran
Hello, people!

Hey yoss what will hapen with other not so perfect females? My advice is: just repot them in recycled colour-plastic pots or use some textile or wood..these plants are to precious to waste them ;)
I'll give the rest of females to a friend who'll grow them on a balcony. I guess I'll be able to take pictures of their progress too.

The weekly progress:

Here are all plants together with some tomato seedlings.
picture.php

The 3 bigger ones, vigorous they are:
picture.php

picture.php

And the 3 smaller ones:
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Looking like you got a good start Yoss33. Those will be huge if you get a good season!

All the Best

yoss33

Veteran
Weekly update:

Still waiting for the plants to show sex, hopefully they'll do it quick as now they are completely root-bound. Z#3 is bringing out the first pre-flowers, which are still too small but look like male clubs.

picture.php

The 3 more vigorous plants:
Z#1
picture.php

Z#2
picture.php

Z#3
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
And the 3 less vigorous plants:

Z#4 which stands out with its pale apple-green leaves
picture.php

Z#5
picture.php

Z#6
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
And the 3 less vigorous plants:

Z#4 which stands out with its pale apple-green leaves
View Image

Z#6
View Image

I sure like the look of that Z#4. Normally I like the skinny leaflet types, Z#6, but the Z#4 has the color, jagged serations, and a wicked looking curve to the leaf.

:headbange

May not be the fastest growing plant, but don't you want the most Zamal or Thai leaning individual?

Then again, I've seen your grows. The student should not be offering advice to the master.

:tiphat:

yoss33

Veteran
I still have a week or 2 before choosing a plant. I don't want to focus and put my hopes on a single plant before knowing its sex :)
But indeed, Z#4 looks very nice, and apart from the lack of vigor (compared to the 3 body builders) it has several desirable qualities:
- flexible stem (great for big plants in storms),
- pale color (looks more like local wild weed, mixes better with surrounding plants and because I love lime green buds, heh),
- perhaps the strongest smell of rubbed stem and leaves out of the 6 plants,
- interesting serration with big "teeth" (they are a bit curled upwards because of the low humidity)

yoss33

Veteran
Hi Konopenko,
The tomatoes are Bull's Heart (traditional local strain), Fantasia (modern hybrid), Black from Tula and Black Cherry. I started the blacks a bit late and they are still 1-real-leaf seedlings.
I'll be growing the tomatoes next to the Zamaldelica in my backyard patch, so those who are interested will be able to see their progress too.

konopenko

Veteran
Nice yoss, bulls heart named volovsko srce in slovene is my fav tomato next to novosadski jabučar and some macedonian sorts..im growing them again this year. :tiphat:

yoss33

Veteran
It's great to see how much our countries share, in language and in traditions :) In Bulgarian it's called bivolsko sarce and is perhaps the most popular and liked traditional tomato.

inquest

That leaf serration curl may be due to the Malawi in her, too. :) This has come through in a few of my own crosses with her.

picture.php

I'm at 41N. So I'm very interested in how your Zams do! :) Good luck with them!!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yep, indeed the leaf serration is a trait that comes from the malawi.

Good luck with the tomatoes and zamaldelicas yoss :)

yoss33

Veteran
Thank you, people :)

Here are some closeups of Z#4's serration:
picture.php

picture.php

and the damage caused by the low humidity which curls the leaf edges in addition to the Malawi twist:
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts