What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazemania

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I've heard that original Kali Mist quality compares favorably to the best Neville's Haze or Mullumimby Madness. I never hear much about its lineage except that it has some of the legendary Cambodian Red in it. This is the first time I've seen it inferred that Kali Mist has Haze in its heritage.

I'd hope to find and try a sample of this someday whatever it is, but can anyone fill in what the major ancestors are?

Thanks

bigherb

Veteran
[
QUOTE=ThaiBliss;5604121]

BigHerb – Because of a particular Neville’s Haze individual that I stumbled across that IMHO was one of the best and most powerful highs I have ever experienced, I have been obsessed with the Mexican heritage of the Haze line. I judge that I am similarly obsessed as you and others are of the Frankincense trait.

I have been sampling for 44 years, but I don’t have a lot of experience with Mexican as far as I know. The reason I think the individual I found was expression of a Mexican strain, is because of a posting of what was reported to be Lowland Oaxacan, “Sugarcane”, as well as descriptions of the Highland Oaxacan effects. Motaco posted the images, and looked shockingly like the Haze individual that I once had.

Welcome brother

YOur insight is appreciated I hope you strick around an share some more of your experiences ,especially considering your an OT .There arent many OldTimers posting an since my time online the few who seem to have smoked strains of yesteryear hjavnt been as Descriptive as yourself .

Your post are Exciting Keep up

On this topic at hand ,IMO i think effects can be subjective to the individual . While i do believe that more seasoned or knowledgeable tokers can distinguish between different varieties /sativa an indica /an strains from their place of origin some are more intune perceptive an descriptive than others . with that said it seems that certain Sativas have similar haze qualities soo the connection is often made with certain sativa phenos in S.american an S.E.Asian
lines

Im curious to hear more about the particular traits of this Neviles haze pheno ?

Im also curiopus to know where have you come across the lowland Oaxacan Frankincense pheno

Now while the thought has always been the first cross of haze was a colombian X mexican . What i find interesting is this quote below

"All of the S Indian and Thai crosses were toward the end of Haze production. Not only males were used for crosses. The 3 year timeline was just someones dream , Haze was grown for over 10years by the haze bros , Sacred seeds tried to stabilize Haze with mixed results.The quality dropped considerably.The problem is that the best Hazes were F1s Hybrids , and Haze stabilization can not be done without a loss of vigor.
Also I never chose males for hybrids, you do not know how good they are or their ability to contribute to a new hybrid. I use haze females , and I do have a few Haze males that I selected from hundreds of males , after testing their progeny first. But it is a lot of work and beyond most closet breeders. The progenys growouts involved thousands of plants. Just to determine the best haze male to use for Hybrids

Originally posted by Knowsitall4sure
I never grew Original Haze for sale like the two Haze Brothers that is why I do not consider myself a Haze Brother, even if they used to call me SHEMP, the Unknown Haze Brother.
(...]
I gave them Acapulco Gold,Thai, South Indian seeds, saw the plants, saw their offspring from a Acapulco GoldXColumbian cross, and saw them grown the next year, and many after."[/

Now this is thge Only mention of AG i Recall from Sams ,BUt what is intriguing to me is in this quote below he only emphasizes the Mex x Lumbo in this quote below . BUt above He Clearly States an emphasizes that the S.indian n Thai crosses were toward the end of the haze production . Now its only lighting my fire an might go back in a casing my tail circle but yy if the AG mentioned with the other 2 an we know Sams smoked Haze in 71 for the first time what was during 69 70 71 if he gave them seeds in 71 they would have had to be planted before pollenating colombian .

Also i want to mention many feel the Thai is what makes the Haze special an emphasize the Thai like qualities .NOw i dont think ive touched on this but Read that first quote second paragraph in Bold print to me this is just another Point in case in my thoughts on the TRUE ORIGINS OF HAZE

again below Sams post ffrom my Q for Sams thread

Glad you enjoyed the Original Haze, shame we did not make clones back then....
But the best Original Haze plants were before I saw clones a few years later

Also I never chose males for hybrids, you do not know how good they are or their ability to contribute to a new hybrid. I use haze females , and I do have a few Haze males that I selected from hundreds of males , after testing their progeny first. But it is a lot of work and beyond most closet breeders

I apologize is i went off topic but was on topic of what Elmer BUd was getting into about the stock Nevil Recieved from Sams an IMO its explains what my opinions were on the expressions of the avaialble haze stock today

This is all Clear to explain what Sams has Said

Originally Posted by Knowsitall4sure / Cannabis World
All Original Haze seeds made today by others are F10+ a long way from the F1's. I have clones that are F2-F5. But they are not anywhere as good as the F1's from the 1970's

OHaze was fairly consistant as F1's but by the time it was f5 and above it segregated out into many different related lines.

greenpenguin,
I have not worked Original Haze as much as tried to save it, I collected as much seed as I could in the early 70's grew them and did free pollinations and did minimal selection to ensure I saved as many genes as I could. That was in the 70's & 80's now I have clones for the last 20 years. My O Haze is not done being worked on that is why I tell people to use it as breeding materials.

-SamS

BTW about Kali

High,

Just to clarify the Kali Mist lineage:

The genetics of Kali Mist come from Cambodia, Colombia, Mexico and Africa.

Respect
Claude

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
I found the MNS NL #5 Hz a pretty impressive plant . Indoors and out . Clone or seed plant its a good commercial Haze option .
Good vigour , several different phenos . Potent though a hybrid effect in the ones I grew . Smoke too much your takin a nap .
They had the incense in the air thing after a smoke for sure .
I grew some C5 x Ortega a while back . that threw a real high flyer pheno .The breeders selected towards non dominant males to try to allow the old cut to shine through .
I have some HPHz x La Nina and AG13 x La Nina from the same crew I will get to in the future .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

That is a great Post ,If i recall a first on incense

I apprecaite the Insight an pics

Dirk or Unc YS if i recall did those im very interested in them both AG13 has the highest Reguard accoding to UNC an ive personally tasted HPHZ soo i imagine that you have some magic Keep me posted

1luvbigherb

ThaiBliss

Veteran
[
Im also curiopus to know where have you come across the lowland Oaxacan Frankincense pheno

Hi BigHerb,

Thanks for the encouragement.

I just want to be clear that the Haze individual that looked like Motaco's Lowland Oaxacan did NOT smell to me like church incense. I only notice that I have a fascination for the Mexican heritage of Haze, similar to your fascination with the Frankincense aroma. I apologize if I have misled you.

The Haze that looked like Lowland Oaxacan smelled fresh, like after a thunderstorm. Later, when it dried, it smelled delicate and perfume like, as in flowers and cooking herb. No richness or earthiness at all. It was very ethereal.

I’m looking forward to finding the Frankincense someday.

ThaiBliss

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Haze lovers

Here`s one from Bush weed .
Nimbin Purp x Mango Hz .

WY5qxa3l.jpg

Looong flowering bout 100 + days on 11/13 and 10 /12 to ripen .

@ Biggie
Yes I see the method in the madness . The Punta Roja was there before the Thai , Mex and Sth Indian .

@ Thai Bliss

Well the rumours re Amnesia were started by Shanti I think ...
I can recall him saying he thought it was SSH ??

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
This one is a cross between a Haze hyb[ NVL`s Haze / Mango ]and an Indica hyb
[ Mota`s Double Koosh . ] .
seems to be throwing back to its sat ancestors .

K2E9hozl.jpg

EB .

ElRubio

Veteran
Im curious to know if the Shared cut is that infamous limona cut .Maybe El rubio can share more on that as Raco is a man who exemplifies a Picture is worth a thousand words but he is a man of few words himself

Cannot add so much indeed...I dont know exactly what do you refer to "limona" cut. This cut is named, as far as I´m concerned, just as Toms Original Haze. Buut, i know a small seedbank (or pollen chunker, let the name at your choice) has marketed smt like Limonet Haze. I dont know if they are the same...:chin:

The one I posted (THH) was very very nice. Lemony, amonia and cat-piss scents. Nice and high effect, and quick as a fuck for a Haze...it took me about 90 days if I remember well...
Good yielder, or unless not as bad as other ones I had before.

Some pics of SSH (GH`98), scored and widely spreaded around Madriz. Low yielder, and sensible to overfeed, but it had that incense undertones you´re referring to.
SSH1.jpg

SSHBUD3.jpg

SSHDETALLE.jpg

SSH.jpg

big ups everyone!

ElRubio

Veteran
hola maestro :)
great to have you around!
thanks for sharing your pics and your experience with us!
looking forward to your words about the tijuana,

La Tijuana...heheh the myth heheh...What´s the lineage behind? Who brought this cut to spain or who selected it from where?

Fact is Tijuana is a pure or almost a pure sativa. Her grow pattern confirm this point... take a look, outdoor (must admit this female was FIMmed):

PICT3012.jpg

Small and fragants buds which have a reek of strawberry, energydrink (redbull or similiar), cough syrup...but she dont hurt the throat to my understanding Bob...maybe a lil but ...Its not THE HOLY GRAIL, but due to her lack yield. Aroma, flavor and high are 10 over 10 in my personal opinion. She tastes excellent, and both experienced and new tokers love her.

PA020509.jpg

PA060526.jpg

PA060540-1.jpg

The most remarkable point of this lady is, in my opinion, the effect, the high...with no ceiling imo, but this is smt sooo subjective. I am almost sure it must contain some haze in it.

I love your JH. One of the best i tasted.

Hasta luego! Take care and stay safe dudes!
Rubio

bigherb

Veteran
El Rubio

Gorgeous pics brother

This limonero cut is known by some in this community and the source I believe was rasjano The lemon trait is something which has been reported in THH stock . I remember hazy lady found a male which she said in other words was more lemon than a lemon

I'm into the darker side of the Haze. But I think Raco is one of the best folk to explain THH line in detail . I've seen golds an purples he has some amazing pics I just wish a description tag came with them

1luvbigherb

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Ace Old Timer's Haze green pheno

picture.php

Astringent, metallic during veg. Softer floral and tropical fruit notes with woody incense in flower. Soaring high energy effect which can get a little tachycardic with excess. 20+ weeks flower outdoors at 33 deg.

Ace Purple Haze x Meao Thai F1

picture.php

Darker fruit and wood incense. A more rounded high. Still very uplifting with a touch of body. Nearly 20 weeks to finish her.

Current grow of Purple Haze x Meao Thai F3/F1

picture.php

Odd female from 4b mother. Not leaning haze...

picture.php

Above is 3b Mother of same cross. Definitely haze leaning.

Pure Purple Haze. All three of the new females are at 5 weeks 11:45/12:15 light cycle.

F

Fluffy Clouds

wonderful! ElRubio..

tom hill haze, lemony pheno.. very nice herb :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

i hope you notice red signs..

bushweed

Veteran
Those Kali Mist look gorgeous - as do all the Hazes - here's some Nevil's Haze21 x Kanga's Mullumbimby Madness...
picture.php

picture.php

bigherb

Veteran
Bushy

Sup brother

Who said sativas don't yield ohh I forgott it doesn't apply to the Aussies lol

Just buggin out

Gorgeous as always , is this a first run ? Any insight on your experiences

1luvbigherb

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day Bushie

Thats a beauty .
How about a bit more insight pls ?
How old is she ? is that a cut ? What nutes and what illumination ??

EB .

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
ok time for more haze-craze :)

I'll just adress a few points that have been touched upon and to which i want to add my personal perspective...

first i have to apologize for using the term grail - it's not something i normally do, as i don't think there is a grail plant! when formulating posts in this thread i mostly don't have a lot of time and while my english is good, i'm not a native speaker and posting in english takes a bit of concentration which can be hard to raise when flying high on haze...

concerning the grail term maybe there could be something like grail experiences with certain plants... but certainly no grail plant...

what i mean by this is a fundamental principle of life, something confucius worded with "the journey is the destination"

this is very much what growing hazes (and other varieties too of course) taught me: i will always prefer a well grown haze plant with mediocre haze-genes (mediocre not hayze) to a mediocrely grown grail-plant!

even with a perfectly grown grail plant you can have a real shitty experience/high because in the end set and setting are what have the greatest infuence on how one feels...

furthermore, my haze quest started with the search of a pure catholic church haze and while i'm still searching for that particular expression, in no way would i want to trade all these other great plants i found on the way for a perfect church haze - they really opened my mind to what haze can be :) and of course: variety is the spice of life!

so a grail haze experience for me can be reached with any good haze that was grown well, as long as set and setting are grail-worthy ;)

Another point i wanted to add my two cents to: is Amnesia haze = SSH? i really don't think so, actually i would say: no way! i'm not really sure whether it contains any haze at all, but if so i would guess that it was fathered by the g13haze... but honestly i don't even care, both ssh and amnesia haze are heavy hitters not gently uplifters ;)

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Next i want to add some words about the kali mist selection...

it was a nightmarish grow... basically everything went wrong. the main goal was to find a good hazy male to mate with a very special lady:

picture.php

she was called shivas haze by her creator/selector (der grüne bob, much respect friend!), she does not contain any haze but has certain hazy qualities, a special plant with a unique high and taste...

kali mist seemed like a good choice for outcrossing the shivas and of course i was also curious to see what i could find in the female side of the kali as she always had been a favorite of mine...

the male plants of the three packs were a bit disappointing, a lot of hermi-males, in the end i found one male that seemed exactly what i was looking for:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and a pic of a hermi-male:

picture.php

sadly the selected male didn't survive the 2000km transport from spain back home :/ you can imagine my frustration resulting from this...

with the females i had a lot of trubles too: powdery mildew and white flies - so i had to cut them early and lost 1/3-1/2 of the crop... nevertheless i could get an impression of the plants and kept 5 females for closer inspection, two runs later it came down to three females, which still are being kept for future projects - i'll post better pics of these three keepers later on in the thread...

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
@ Ur Humbl Nr8tor: That outdoor flower of the ohaze is really beautiful! she looks electric... thanks for sharing, for all those plants i have used different soils, different nutes and light intensity ranging from 250w to 1200w - so it's kind of hard to tell... if possible i try to get soil that is not heavily loaded with nutes so i can ajust everything as i see fit - but for how to grow sativas indoors dubi really is the man to ask for advice, i have learned a lot from his posts!

@bigherb: cool that you could try the kalichina, i thought the cross sounded fantastic when i first read about it - want to try her when i find the time... how did she compare to that nyc haze?

@Elmer Bud: the mango widow looks real tasty, the nimbin purp x mh too! the nl x haze looks exactly like i know it... a friend just finished some of sensi's nlxhaze from seeds from the 90ies and it looked very much alike to yours...

@bushweed: the NHxMM looks great, how's the smell? and how long has she been flowering for already? thanks for sharing!

La Tijuana...heheh the myth heheh...What´s the lineage behind? Who brought this cut to spain or who selected it from where?

Fact is Tijuana is a pure or almost a pure sativa. Her grow pattern confirm this point... take a look, outdoor (must admit this female was FIMmed):

View Image

Small and fragants buds which have a reek of strawberry, energydrink (redbull or similiar), cough syrup...but she dont hurt the throat to my understanding Bob...maybe a lil but ...Its not THE HOLY GRAIL, but due to her lack yield. Aroma, flavor and high are 10 over 10 in my personal opinion. She tastes excellent, and both experienced and new tokers love her.

View Image
View Image
View Image

The most remarkable point of this lady is, in my opinion, the effect, the high...with no ceiling imo, but this is smt sooo subjective. I am almost sure it must contain some haze in it.

I love your JH. One of the best i tasted.

Hasta luego! Take care and stay safe dudes!
Rubio

great pics of the tijuana rubio!

very interesting to read that she doesn't have a ceiling for you, with the first two joints she gets me typical hazy/sativa effects (strong!) but after the 3rd joint (or vape - i don't smoke anymore ;) ) only side-effects will increase, while i won't get a significant increase in the effects... the quality of the tijuana high however is excellent and really strong enough to be where you want to be with two joints, the 3rd, 4th, etc are only because i'm getting greedy and want more of that incredible taste ;)

i remember a day i spend alone in the spanish mountains where i only smoked tijuana, it was beautiful wheather and it was one of the most pleasant and rewarding cannabis experiences i have ever had... sativas are really made to be grown outdoors just as they are made to be enjoyed outdoors...

i don't think her yield is bad, she's not a high yielding plant but also not low-yielding, perfectly fine for me with this type of quality...

when i talk of perfectly grown tijuana i don't mean my own growing skills :D i was refering to jardis outdoor tijuana that was the best tijuana i have ever smoked, the taste was so incredibly intense... but still after months of curing i found her to irritate my throat a little, and even nowadays with vaping her i get more throat irritation than with other herbs...

just shows how subjective all this is!

glad you like the JH, i was not sure whether to include her in this thread as she really is more of a nlxskunk pheno of the jack line... but without the haze in her she wouldn't be the same and also you can see the haze in her structure... but i wouldn't call her a hazy plant, that's the jack flash for me...

thanks for posting the ssh pics too! is she still around in M.? would love to try her... i only remember having smoked the ssh bilbo cut in M....

here's a pic of jardi's outdoor tijuana:

picture.php

and one of mine, indoors:

picture.php

good vibes

bigherb

Veteran
[
QUOTE=Sideshow-Bob;5612526
@bigherb: cool that you could try the kalichina, i thought the cross sounded fantastic when i first read about it - want to try her when i find the time... how did she compare to that nyc haze?

The truth about Kali china is she was gone quick for 2 reasons the yield only about a half zip an she was soo damn good .The taste was Amazing soo unique but yet reminescent .It some how reminded me abit of Adam in her taste i think it was the soapiness that ive tasted in some CS hazes .

The biggest similarity to NYC haze i recall was effect

Below is an old smoke report

DUBI of aceseeds
KALICHINA X CHINA

SMELL - soapy ,hashy perfume,incense like

wen broken up it has a lime skittle note

TASTE - soapy ,hashy perfume,incense like

tranfers all in the taste amazing ,very pronounced taste pungent, lingers on your tounge i lov this taste its very different

EFFECTS-very heady ,open me up i felt very conscious of myself n surroundings sharp focused,heavy feelin of pressure in my eyes ,comes in waves ,psychedelic,then relaxed n warming

APPERANCE - quite hazeyy,large calyxes the fattest calyxes ive got on a plant ,darker red pistils ,lite green bud

amazing smoke very high grade i really enjoy this smoke throughly high n flavor r top notch

real hazyy her qualities r reminscent of our nyc haze

1luvbigherb

Latest posts

Latest posts