What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazemania

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
09c0cba9d559bc4b9ea4b03376132018.jpg

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Extra late new years haze!!!

fantastic! :D

really curious too where that add was taken from, Elmer Bud... thanks for sharing it with us :)

Fluffy clouds: great pics of the thunks! the two buds look like hazy tasty goodness indeed... thanks for sharing!

trainwreck x nevils haze sounds like a fantastic cross, up up and away :)

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Beautiful pics of those hyb's Sideshow. Just looking at them makes me high.
I've been growing and smoking for 44 years and have yet to be really wowed by any haze type that I've tried. I've grown and been blown away by the flavor and power of a few land race sativa's over those years though and I know somewhere out there there are Haze varieties that will wow me because they are just a combination of land race genetics.
My problem was that when I moved to Humboldt in 78 I was living in the woods and first discovering Indicas, that was the time Haze was just starting to spread from the Santa Cruz area, where I am from, oh the irony.
Before moving north I was growing seeds from Mexican, Colombian, Jamaican and Thai lbs. and when one year I found a plant that blew me away and changed my life, that sparked my decision to move north and grow herb. So with the Haze, it's always alluded me.
The problem now is my age and how much time I have left to grow 16 week flowering plants with a half broken body.
Growing indoor only, really limits the amount of trial and error one can afford to spend on a variety, especially if they take over eight weeks to finish.
Man I would so love to find a plant like that Zamal/Nevill's or the Tijuana. The way you guy's describe them they sound delicious.
Thanks for all of you for posting your experiences, they are very motivating and encouraging.
Keep posting the beautiful pics, they go real good with coffee in the morning.:thank you:

purple_man

Veteran
great show bob! k+ fambz!

did someone just write NEW YEARS haze? read about it couple of times, any info appreciated...

blessss

bigherb

Veteran
That's reported to be Sams catalog

I've always wanted to know details regarding the haze offerings . I imagine someone has seeds in a can in the attic or possibly a cutting survives . I haven't seen a single report on a grow or smoke experience since my time online . But I recall zamalito saying he had burning bush stock

1luvbigherb

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Now, where was i? oh yeah, haze hybrids... more... jack herer:

Jh-1.jpg

this is a titans haze x strawberry diesel cross i made:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
and because mr.nice hazes are seriously under-represented in this thread, critical haze from mr.nice... plant was not grown by me but by jardi, i only made the pics...

picture.php

picture.php

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
and the last ones for tonight, amnesia haze... i'm not sure whether there really is haze in it, but it does have incense aroma and a strong psychedelic high... and she's pretty :)

21805Amnesia-6-med.jpg

21805AMnesia-2.jpg

21805Amnesia-3-med.jpg

21805Amnesia-makro.jpg

good vibes

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day GB

Yeah as far as I know it was a Sacred Seeds catalogue ??
The detail most of us are over looking is ; Nevil said @ Mr Nice the Haze Sam sold him was either a cross to or had Burning Bush as an ancestor ???
Why has that not been fleshed out . ??

Thanks for sharin

EB .

bigherb

Veteran
G`day GB

The detail most of us are over looking is ; Nevil said @ Mr Nice the Haze Sam sold him was either a cross to or had Burning Bush as an ancestor ???

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Sup brother

Nice too see ya posting as for the catalogue here is a quote from Sams below

It's my catalog from Sacred Seeds, I asked "R" to retype it and remove the name Sacred Seeds, because I was not wanting to attract attention to myself, but "R" begged me to use it, so I said OK.
This was 5 years before Neville and his seed bank stole my varieties and started knocking them off.
This was not my first catalog of seeds. "R" also changed the prices and knocked them upwards, I did not care about that.
I still have most of the seed varieties in the deep freeze.
-SamS

Now the subject of the Haze stock Nevil Recieved i Discussed at lenghts with Nevil while he was posting an afterwards . I think Nevil was very clear an indepth in his recollection an basically said it all in his short time posting .

IMO its clear but it is a subject which hasnt N i believe won't have a complete understanding without Sams input

Quotes from nevil below

Well Bigherb, I wouldn't swear on a kilo of Haze Hash, that he told me that he grew them himself.
I seem to remember one batch had a number of years mixed together something like '66,'67,'68. A prominent ancestor was a thing called "Burning Bush". If Sam didn't grow burning bush then the person that did will be able to tell us more

I didn't say the bag was labeled burning bush. Sam said something about burning bush being an ancestor of the Haze. If Sam is Knowsitall4sure then he didn't smoke Haze til '71.
If that's true, what would he know about seeds made by somebody else 2 years before he had even smoked the variety?
N

1luvbigherb

bushweed

Veteran
Great thread Sideshow-Bob...with the light colored leaves, those Amnesia Hz don't look so much like the SSH they're often said to be...

The mexican having wider leafs is an interesting note also the fact taht some mexican pure sativas have a considerable earlier finish than some of their native sisters . BUt something id like to touch on is the fact that not many have reported any Mexican qualities being present in the Haze lines

Hi bigherb, I have a couple of stories of Haze and Mexican being linked. Firstly, on one of those Greenhouse grow videos with Arjan and Franco - Neville's Haze it was - Arjan states that Haze originates from Oaxacan. Now I know that Arjan is not regarded as a reputable cannabis resource or Haze aficionado, and this probably confirms that, but given his exposure to the Dutch haze histories, it's strange that he should make that comment...

Secondly, I was at a party a couple of years ago where some buds were being passed around, and when I was offered a smell of these 3 or 4 samples and asked what I thought they were, I scratched my head and said, "Oaxacan?" It turned out that the samples were some Neville's Hz buds selected by the Nevil himself. Now I'm significantly less of a Haze aficionado even than Arjan:biggrin:, but those Neville's Hz buds smelled a lot like the Oaxacan that Kangativa grows to me, and a couple of them also smoked similar - balanced euphoric, not trippy.

However of those samples one was much stronger and trippier than the rest and I received a cut of this sample - NHz 21 - and the growth pattern appeared to be a combination of a wide branching Thai coupled to a Colombian Xmas tree. Now the NH21 retained a bouquet similar to the Oaxacan; tropical fruits with a citrus- almost ammonia-like base, but the flowers looked nothing like Oaxacans I've seen, and were also exotic to me being used to green Thais - wispy reddish/golden brown flowers with resin coated calyxes that seemed almost amber from the start. So perhaps I see some Colombian traits in the mix.

Now in truth, I don't like this haze so much because it's a bit intense and introspective, but it would probably cross well to anything, and every once in a while if I feel like a terrifying self examination...

Anyway, the combination of Meao Thai/ OTHz or Panama/ OTHz sounds like some balanced hybrids to me.

bigherb

Veteran
Bushy

Sup brother

Always great to have your insight .Those stories r indeed interesting an its some shit to have smoked hand selected Buds from Nev

Im not sure of the statement from arjan an i do think he has a great knowledge of dutch haze . BUt from my experience the description in his catalouge of strains didnt match what i tasted in 4 Diff trips to his coffeshop . The closest thing from GH CS i tasted which is what i know as haze type was Hashplant haze which is not in thier catalouge but was a speciality item from S.holland

My quick thought on mexican being prsent in her qualities ,As i was told in my quest for Incense / Frankincense is many S.american / asian varieties share similarieties

As for the mexican expressing itself in the haze lines from what ive seen in my time on the net its not reported . BUt not many are even familiar with true mexican who are actively posting . Anyhow from what ive seen i can relate abit I Seen a NYC Haze grown outdoors which looked very similar to pics of Oaxacan

1luvbigherb

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
you made some serious beauty shots from serious beauty plants!!!
may i ask which lens you used for the last one and which camera?
i am looking for a new objective to extend the one i have.

anyway good job.

thx :)

i think it was taken with a sigma 50mm macro on a eos 350d...

G`day GB

Thanks for sharin

EB .

very interesting! wasn't aware of the burning bush till now... i think i remember reading that nevil said he got haze seeds directly from the haze brothers and not sam, so this is news to me...

Great thread Sideshow-Bob...with the light colored leaves, those Amnesia Hz don't look so much like the SSH they're often said to be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigherb View Post
The mexican having wider leafs is an interesting note also the fact taht some mexican pure sativas have a considerable earlier finish than some of their native sisters . BUt something id like to touch on is the fact that not many have reported any Mexican qualities being present in the Haze lines
Hi bigherb, I have a couple of stories of Haze and Mexican being linked. Firstly, on one of those Greenhouse grow videos with Arjan and Franco - Neville's Haze it was - Arjan states that Haze originates from Oaxacan. Now I know that Arjan is not regarded as a reputable cannabis resource or Haze aficionado, and this probably confirms that, but given his exposure to the Dutch haze histories, it's strange that he should make that comment...

Secondly, I was at a party a couple of years ago where some buds were being passed around, and when I was offered a smell of these 3 or 4 samples and asked what I thought they were, I scratched my head and said, "Oaxacan?" It turned out that the samples were some Neville's Hz buds selected by the Nevil himself. Now I'm significantly less of a Haze aficionado even than Arjan, but those Neville's Hz buds smelled a lot like the Oaxacan that Kangativa grows to me, and a couple of them also smoked similar - balanced euphoric, not trippy.

However of those samples one was much stronger and trippier than the rest and I received a cut of this sample - NHz 21 - and the growth pattern appeared to be a combination of a wide branching Thai coupled to a Colombian Xmas tree. Now the NH21 retained a bouquet similar to the Oaxacan; tropical fruits with a citrus- almost ammonia-like base, but the flowers looked nothing like Oaxacans I've seen, and were also exotic to me being used to green Thais - wispy reddish/golden brown flowers with resin coated calyxes that seemed almost amber from the start. So perhaps I see some Colombian traits in the mix.

Now in truth, I don't like this haze so much because it's a bit intense and introspective, but it would probably cross well to anything, and every once in a while if I feel like a terrifying self examination...

Anyway, the combination of Meao Thai/ OTHz or Panama/ OTHz sounds like some balanced hybrids to me.

hi bushweed :) great to have you here!

like everybody else i have spend hours looking at kangativas plants and drooling... much respect! when i see a pure sativa grown outdoors in the right enviroment it makes me realise how feeble and mingy my attempts at growing sativas indoor really are ;)

sadly, where i live outdoor growing in general is difficult because of the high density of population here (200+ persons per km²) and i'm living in the city too... finishing a pure sativa is not only difficult but impossible at 49° N... so i have to resort to the artificial lights to be able to experience real sativas...

thanks for sharing your experience with nevils selected expressions of his haze - not the type of information you come across everyday :D i have nothing to add to the considerations of the relation of haze and oaxacan as i have no direct experience with pure mexicans, but i find it really interesting to read!

i think i know the type of high you are talking about, it's what i asociate mainly with thais and se asian sativas... i don't like it if it's too racy, confused or dysphoric - but in a well balanced hybrid it can be really great... that is what i love about the titans haze - she's got that trippy, energizing aspect and is clear as spring water in its psychedelia, but she never gets pushy, racy or dysphoric because the skunk added some euphoria (but no mudiness)

the purple haze x panama for me is less clear and energetic but more dreamy and just as euphoric - but that may very well stem from the difference between green haze and purple haze... both are 10/10 in effects for me :)