What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazemania

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
SideshowBob

Im excited too see this thread , I share your appreciation for this legendary strain an her siblings an Im most thankful to all those who have worked to spread an preserve for our community .

Id like to say im happy too see you posting an i appreciate all you have shared .I remember your thread on titans haze an that really brought her to my attention . Im hopful you can share some more of your knowledge an experiences as i have a few questions

Its great to have someone who has grown sevral of the varities as that is the sign of a true haze lover . It seems certain folk get caught up in the politics an folk tales that came with or were created behind the line/source an favor a particular source . I cant lie at one point i swayed one direction myself but with life comes experince an i have become abit more knowledgeable an open minded .

My experince/situation is very limited an my dream is to one day Run all the top available haze lines . My passion started when i was a young teen getting Haze from NYC . I also recall a hawaiian haze from abraxas that i sampled in 04 n 07 if i recall correct, both times they were one of the better haze varities of the Dam

We share a passion for the Darker aromas of haze as frankincense is a trait close to my heart .The thing about the Dam hazes is they were not what i was familiar with as for taste/smell an effects most lacked any incense at all an were sweet .But i understand now the concept behind the CS scene an its rare that a connesuier strain makes it on the menu for several reasons .

Your P--haze x panama is gorgeous love those foxtails ,she has been given some graet reviews on IC .

Im curious to hear more about your experience with Tom hill haze an OH from TFD .Im curious as to comparison of taste/aromas an growth patterns ?

I love your pics of TFD Haze it is Gorgeous id love too see dried bud shots ,The spindly bracts of calyxes is a turn on i better stop lol .From her growth you can see one reason she is uggested as breeding material but im curious how she she alone caz i sure you seen the moon smoking her . Im curious to know was she fully matured at 180 ?

Im also curious to know if you have ran or tasted Reefermans Haze bros haze ?
I have not found one smoke report todate but have seen/spoke with single handed posters claiming to have grown her

Also curious if you have Grown Sams CC Haze hybrids?,as you say the Titans haze is a favorite im sure you would enjoy his Haze x Skunk or Thunk which has been spoke of very highly .Those are 2 high of my to do list but i better get a pack before they dissapear as the stock been around since or before my joining IC.

Its often been said about all clones but its information like this which is why i hope this thread continues

Id too like to suggest Shanti skunk haze the 2 pheons i grew were very Haze dom in growth an effects the only skunk presence i recognized was in the flowering time an taste .For me Nevilles haze is the closest to what i know as Haze but i am yet to do an indoor run soo i think i havnt seen her full potentials .

An Lastly NYC is a place to experience atleast once the Vibe people an culture's are unique an beautiful but as any other place on earth we are not all the Same just like Cannabis ;)

Much Respect an appreciation for sharing your knowledge an experiences ,Id love to hear some more any it be great if you could give insight o some of my questions

1luvbigherb

hi bigherb,

i knew you would post in this thread sooner or later :)

i have read a lot of your posts regarding the (nyc) haze in the past years, and while i certainly do not agree with everything you write, i sure know we share the passion for that very special frankincense-trait!

yeah 2004 abraxas sounds about right for good hawaiian haze, sometimes around that time it disappeared from the menu for a while (2005 i think) and when it came back it wasn't quite the same anymore, though still good for an amsterdam haze. the biggest problem with haze (or any herb) in the dam is not that proper genetics are missing, but that it is grown commercially by people whos main priority is money. this plus the fact that most europeans smoke their herbs mixed with tobacco leads to the situation we got today: overpriced, dirty, uncured weed that is so full of additives that every weed has the same sweetish smell and taste to it... outside of amsterdam it's sometimes a little bit easier to get acceptable quality and prices aren't as out of control but average quality of coffeeshop weed overall is pretty bad (from a connoisseur's point of view) when i'm in the netherlands i mostly look for special import hashes ;)

Now regarding the comparison of the different hazelines: i can't really comment on tom hill's haze in depth, i only had the chance to try it once. the specimen i could try, however was a selected clone (raco's afaik) grown by a true maestro (elrubio). the most important is: there was no incense/frankincense smell whatsoever (i remember reading a post from tom hill where he reafirms that the incense-trait is not to be found in his line). the high was great, a lot stronger than the tfd original haze but just as clean and energizing - going after the high it really seems like original haze - but i have to say that all the pictures i see online of the tom hill haze make me have doubts about it being a pure haze - it really looks like a haze-hybrid to me...

i don't say it is a haze-hybrid, just that it looks like one to me. there are a lot of folks around that know so much more about this line that i really don't feel comfortable commenting more about her other than that she does not carry the incense-trait...

as to the tfd original haze: to produce fully matured ohaze buds under 12/12 is impossible, they will always continue to produce new stigmata... in general i can only echo what has been said a thousand times: it's not worth it to grow ohaze for the herb, it is breeding material more than anything really. the aromas on my ohaze were pretty much classic haze aroma: creamy-incense-spicy-tropical fruit, though the tropical fruit aspect was more pronounced than expected. When smoked the smell was not reflected by the taste, taste was burned plant-material not much else, but a slight hazy smell could be noticed in the room afterwards. the high however was excellent, it gave me rushes of energy, very clear headed, a bit of synaesthesia, very positive and no crash or comedown whatsoever.

i have no experience with any refeerman variety... the same for skunkman's releases - haven't tried any of them... but from what i have seen i think i would like skunkman's hybrids ;)

nice to hear you liked shantis hazexskunk, i'm sure you would like the titans haze as well then... nevils haze is a really special plant, it's one of the lines i'm very eager to explore...

thanks for contributing to the thread and keeping it positive :)

p.s. it would be really great if you could upload a picture of a piff/nyc haze bud, even if it's only a picture of a dry bud you bought... i'm still not clear on how much haze is in the nyc haze - sometimes people describe it as having compact buds, sometimes as fluffy buds... does it look like hay in the bag or does it have bag appeal?

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Ok, next i want to show some haze hybrids... just to establish where i'm coming from with my haze-craze... i'll write about most of them in detail later on...

First one is Jack Flash:

21805jaggen-bud-1-med.jpg

21805jaggen-bud-2.jpg

21805jaggen-makro-1.jpg

second one is Jack Herer:

picture.php

picture.php

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Zamal x Nevils Haze:

21805Zamalxnh2-bt68-bud.jpg

21805Zamalxnh2-bt68-bud2.jpg

21805Zamalxnh2-bt68-bud3.jpg

21805Zamalxnh2-bt68-makro.jpg

21805Zamalxnh2-bt68-makro2.jpg

ok now you guys have to write something, more pics to come, but we'll have to reach the next page before...

U

unthing

zamalxnevil looking awesome, always wanted to grow that one..everything else too :)

G

growcodile

awesome thread bob! good to see the haze lines differences discussed more

imo also the jack flash/jack herer has quite some similiarities to the ssh

about when did you get the 3 kali mist packs you did the selections from ?

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
thanks for the kind words unthing, growcodile and idiit :)

growcodile: the seeds were bought in 2009, long after the change in the makeup... i have tried a selected cut of the old kali and the new one isn't really that much different... it still is one of the best sativa/haze seedlines available and i'd recommend it to anybody looking for an indoor-sativa as a starting point ;)

ElRubio

Veteran
ill pull up a chair and prepare a pop-corn bag for the show if you dont mind hehe :) Thanks for the compliment Sir

Lot of things have been said about the haze, both in its pure and hybrid form. I´m a lover of the haze too, but just as much as other like Diesels, Skunks, Affis etc... so i cannot contribute so much to the info posted in this thread. My experience with pure haze is very limited, and i´ve mostly grown hybrids (SSH, MadHaze D, JH, etc...)

Anyway i´d love to share some pics and smoke notes i took ages ago...

TomHill´s Haze. Raco had the deference to share this selected lady with me.

P5150265.jpg

P1160553.jpg

P1160577.jpg

P4090509.jpg

Cat-piss or amonia aroma as Bob as pointed out...and good uplifting too...(not very incensed imo)
Thanks for the info...very usefull...
C ya dudes!

PS: next day ill upload some pics of Tijuana...one of my all time fav sativas... Take care

yoss33

Veteran
Great thread! Thanks for sharing your experience with the Hazes!

I'm too a Haze fan :) Having tried almost all hybrids, currently smoking a pure dutch one, and having read all the Haze discussions here, I'd like to share a thought of mine on the topic which Haze is the "true" Haze.

It is obvious that there are generally 2 types of Haze - the Sam's one (sold by the Dutch and Tom Hill) and a thinner-leaf lankier one - OT Haze and what Nevil used.

Many people say that the Dutch one is not pure because it has wider leaves. According to them the true Haze has thinner leaves because there are Hazes (like the OT Haze) that have thinner leaves, and because the thinner the leaves, the more sativa it is supposed to be.
But not all sativas have SO thin leaves. We know that some mexican strains have wider leaves compared to the classic Thai strains that have extremely thin leaves. Dutch hazes' leaves are not wider than photos of mexicans grown in similar conditions (humidity and light intensity). And as the story goes, Haze started as a Mexican/Colombian hybrid, with later addition of Indian/Jamaican and Thai.
My point is that perhaps the Haze that Sam brought to Amsterdam was of earlier seeds (with less or no Thai addition) or was simply selected towards the wider-leaf American phenos by the Dutch. Meanwhile the OT Haze (and the supposed Haze that Nevil got from NY) were more Thai influenced.
The Dutch Haze by its effect is as pure sativa as it can get. It is clear, electric and euphoric. It has high chances for purple/red pheno. The euphoric quality is the best I've tried and the only thing that I've tried and can compare is an Oaxacan hybrid. That's why I think that the Dutch Haze is more American leaning.
I haven't tried a pure OT Haze, or original Neville's Haze. I've tried SSH which had very thin leaves coupled with a hammer-like stone, which was closer to the strong trippy high of Thais than to the clear and happy Oaxacan.

Of course, this is just speculations based on online photos and limited experience with the old classic strains. After all, what matters is to get that magic Haze high, which is the perfect balance between the asian trippy focused high and the emotional euphoric high of Mexican and Colombian strains.

OLDproLg

Veteran
DANG GOOD INFO!!!

Love it love love it.............
BOB,those are some perfectly grown sats!
Photo's too.....keep it comming people....

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Searching for the Haze Grail

Searching for the Haze Grail

Sideshow – Your photos and strains look exceptional. Everyone is posting beautiful examples. I’m especially attracted to those Tom Hills and Zamal x Haze. They both have these certain colors to them. I feel like I’m kind of perverted about it (heavy breathing). :snap out of it:

I once acquired some seeds from BC, way back when, that included that Original Haze, Willy Jack Haze, and Neville’s Haze. This was back at a time when I had very little experience with pure tropical sativas. I remember one of them, I think Original (Tom Hills?), looked extremely pretty with fuzzy\hairy looking flowers.
It was quite likely that I was not growing them correctly, because I was disappointed with all of them. However, the Neville’s Haze caught my attention because even though they were turning out weak for me, I noticed that I was mildly high for a very long time, 6 hours! This was a trait that I remember from my younger years of the very best strains.

Then I came across one particular Neville’s that was very different from the rest. The leaves were much paler yellow green and much thinner fingers. It also grew much more slowly as a seedling. It reminded me in the looks and smell like Thai, but color like Columbian Gold.

I had heard that Haze was a combination of Acapulco Gold, Columbian, Thai, and South Indian. Because of this, I nicknamed this individual Acapulco Thai.

Because of how slowly this individual grew, it had to be in the vegetation cabinet much longer and then get flowered in a subsequent flowering cycle. Once it did get into the room with much brighter light, it took off and grew fast.

The darn thing did not grow buds. It only had single individual “foxtails” of about 8 to 12 calyxes. I had a fantasy that at the very end they would explode into buds. After about 16 to 18 weeks it stopped adding any new pistils and I realized it was over.

It took a lot of time snipping those mini foxtails into a pile. When I tried it, I realized that this was the only one of a handful of plants that I have ever grown that was as good as the imported grass I had when I was growing up in the 1970s.

I saved a cutting of that for a very long time, searching for another gem that was worthy enough to cross it to that might actually produce buds. I never found one. When I realized that I had gone a stretch six years without flowering that cutting because it did not produce more than a few grams, I finally killed it.

Before I killed it, I had tried to preserve the magic of it in some seeds. I crossed it with Burmese from VISC. I judged this weed to be only medium potency, but it did have “no ceiling”. If I smoked 3 hits, it was very pleasant. If I smoked 8 tokes, I could get very high. I usually judge weed by how I feel after 3 tokes. If I’m not blasted in a tripping, soaring, euphoric sort of way, I don’t consider it “top shelf”. I back crossed to the Acapulco Thai cutting, and crossed the result with Hawaiian Haze which had shown some glimmers of goodness. I then backcrossed again to the Acapulco Thai cutting.

I’m now very skeptical of claims of high quality genetics. I pretty much am not interesting in acquiring any genetics that are not related to Haze, Thai, Columbian, Oaxacan, and Zamal. Possibly old school Jamaican… Oh crap, never mind. I’m interested in trying everything! The various Hazes are at the top of the list.

I finally got the nerve to acquire some seeds again from another seed company, ACE. Because of the favorable reports of some of their strains, I’ve started looking through these seeds that I have made from the Acapulco Thai cutting to find parents for hybrid vigor of two outstanding strains.

Here are some photos of the Haze related seedlings of the Aculpulco Thai (AT) cutting:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=208131&stc=1&d=1360949637

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=208132&stc=1&d=1360949664

In the first image, the two seedlings on the left are children seedlings of the AT cut. The one on the right is Purple Old Timers Haze x Meao Thai (PHT). The AT seedlings are one week older than the PHT!! You can now see that the AT is very, very slow growing. They have kept that trait, the lighter green color, and tiny buds. The bud size has improved very minimally. They have lost the skinny leaflets due to the cross with the fat leaved Burmese.

Forgive me if I’m being an old, long winded, broken record.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

Attachments

• ATandPHTseedlings.jpg
    ATandPHTseedlings.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 28
  • ATseedling.jpg
    ATseedling.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Can I get a hallelujah!

Can I get a hallelujah!

After all, what matters is to get that magic Haze high, which is the perfect balance between the asian trippy focused high and the emotional euphoric high of Mexican and Colombian strains.

To me, that is the grail that I will always be searching for.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
I'd love to sample that tijuana and zamal/haze for sure. NY haze definitely has some indica in its background. Don't have pics on hand but there's nice resin coverage some solid bud structure. Not wispy like a pure sativa

bigherb

Veteran
Sideshow-Bob

Sup brother

Im sure it wasnt a surprise :)

Im Glad we share the same passion it seems there are quite a few others .Its healthy to not always agree .BUt its Great when we can converse an open our minds an learn from others opinions an knowledge an experiences

I Truly await my next trip im grown an on a whole nother level . My many inquistions bothers some here an it did my brother on a travel to the Dam he has more of the avg stoner mentality i dont care what it is if it gets me high LOL.

But if you recall my Q for Sams thread it was intially partially based off of where is the Ohaze if you brought it to the Dam becaz i didnt find what i know as haze . I agree with you to an extent about the Genetics being there but agree whole heartedily about the majority of the products being grown for $ . IM itching to see a bud of Nevilles haze in ADAM i want too see what pheno greenhouse sells . I think it is Damn near disrespectful that a proper Sams haze hybrid or Nevil haze HZ hybrid isnt commonly available

Im curious to know if the Shared cut is that infamous limona cut .Maybe El rubio can share more on that as Raco is a man who exemplifies a Picture is worth a thousand words but he is a man of few words himself

i don't say it is a haze-hybrid, just that it looks like one to me. there are a lot of folks around that know so much more about this line

Well maybe most important to Us but i wont get into that ATM lol

I know you say you dont want to speak on it but isnt that wat this thread is about I think it would be hard to judge throughly from one selected cut . BUt from reports an shared info an pics i can see

When you say haze hybrid im curious as to your exact thought if you think it is a Sat -indi hybrid or pure sativa hybrid ?

I have grown out 3 plants an i have an opinion From what ive researched an experienced myself .

I love an appreciate you paragraph about Ohaze ,Its been debated if pure sativas can finish properly 12/12 . I would have love too see dried bud shots .Your description is interersting of taste /aromas the aromas are very similar to a Skunk/haze pheno From MNS ive experienced, an the taste transitiioned well

Btw
( it is Sk/HZ Mns neva had a female haze ) Sams did a haze skunk cross but the skunk haze he did seems it was the one more commonly sold but he said they were very similar . I find interesting

Its amust you try Nevilles haze ,I Really love to see what you could do with Sams Thunk . I think a combination of both strains has Grail potential .All around amazing vigor yield Effects an flavor an i think Nevilles haze would bring the Thunk flowering time down Lmoa sounds funny sorry i had to .

I think you would enjoy MNS Sk/HZ very much .It is Half the Genetic akeup of Jack herrer which you enjoy .In my Second pheno it was very Reminesecnt of what i know as jack . BUt the Sk/Hz i grew compared to titans growth seems more toward the haze side . Not sure if soil or Not havin her dialed in could play apart

There are several pics on the net of Nyc hazes Icmag in particular .Id like to say again ive seen many many different reprsenations some are more sativa than others . I added a pic of what i consider a haze dom pheno of Nevilles haze grown outdoors an two seperate batches of a foxtailed more sativa leaning phenos of NYC Haze .

I am far from familiar with sativas of yesteryear ,but ive had a LiL taste thanks to this community

My skills are far from you an many others with pic taking an growing
Ive tried to put up old pics taken of my Dvr soo please excuse the quality but i think you can get an idea .

You are appreciated brother

Peace love an Haze to all the haze Heads

1luvbigherb

Attachments

• newish nevil2.jpg
    newish nevil2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 27
  • newish nevil.jpg
    newish nevil.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 31
  • foxatil haze 1c.jpg
    foxatil haze 1c.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 25
  • foxtail haze 2b.jpg
    foxtail haze 2b.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 25

bigherb

Veteran
yoss33

Much respect brother

I dont think I gave you props for that haze grow ,I get wrapped up with work an dont really post unless im at my desk top . But that was a very well documented an impressive grow brother

I like that above post it makes you ponder

It is obvious that there are generally 2 types of Haze - the Sam's one (sold by the Dutch and Tom Hill) and a thinner-leaf lankier one - OT Haze and what Nevil used.

Those 3 mentioned hazes are from Different stock they might share blood/ancestors but are not 2 in the same . IMO OT Haze is a Great colombian expression although reported (Thai /Lumbo) (Green /purple )

The Nevilles haze according to many opinions seems to be a thai Leaner as for growth an Taste .But it is also reported to express colombian traits .
BTW (Nevil neva got Haze from NY it was from Sams)

THH is a heavily worked stock of the Posi stock Sams gave them an is mentioned to be representitive of Thai .

Soo that in it self is interesting

And as the story goes, Haze started as a Mexican/Colombian hybrid, with later addition of Indian/Jamaican and Thai.

No jamaican is in the makeup

As Rc stated an Sams has spoke on abit it started as a Colombian mexican an in later years toward the end of haze production the South indian N thai were Crossed . Sams words precisely ,That Fact is what i think changes much of the stories behind many of the Haze lines .

The mexican having wider leafs is an interesting note also the fact taht some mexican pure sativas have a considerable earlier finish than some of their native sisters . BUt something id like to touch on is the fact that not many have reported any Mexican qualities being present in the Haze lines

Also curious could the leaf trait have been manipulated during the amny backcrossing along with shorter flowering time an increasing yield . Not to say would we breed the trait out but could it have dissapeared .

Just sharing some thoughts ,i have many more :biggrin:

1luvbigherb

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
ill pull up a chair and prepare a pop-corn bag for the show if you dont mind hehe - Thanks for the compliment Sir

Lot of things have been said about the haze, both in its pure and hybrid form. I´m a lover of the haze too, but just as much as other like Diesels, Skunks, Affis etc... so i cannot contribute so much to the info posted in this thread. My experience with pure haze is very limited, and i´ve mostly grown hybrids (SSH, MadHaze D, JH, etc...)

Anyway i´d love to share some pics and smoke notes i took ages ago...

TomHill´s Haze. Raco had the deference to share this selected lady with me.

Cat-piss or amonia aroma as Bob as pointed out...and good uplifting too...(not very incensed imo)
Thanks for the info...very usefull...
C ya dudes!

PS: next day ill upload some pics of Tijuana...one of my all time fav sativas... Take care

hola maestro :)

great to have you around!

thanks for sharing your pics and your experience with us!

looking forward to your words about the tijuana, you know her better than i do... it's a fantastic plant and i'm very happy i got the opportunity to experience her... you know, the very first time i went to the cata (still in the old patio on the terrace) i met jardi there and the first thing he did was hold a bud of tijuana under my nose and squeeze it... in that moment i knew i came to the right place :D

only two things that prevent the tijuana from being the grail: it does have a ceiling and the smoke is not smooth, even when grown perfectly and cured for months she still is kind of harsh on the throat... but the taste makes up for it, who cares if the throat is tickling a bit when you got the whole mouth coated with tijuana flavor...

have a nice weekend my friend! very much looking forward to see you again soon!

Great thread! Thanks for sharing your experience with the Hazes!

I'm too a Haze fan Having tried almost all hybrids, currently smoking a pure dutch one, and having read all the Haze discussions here, I'd like to share a thought of mine on the topic which Haze is the "true" Haze.

Many people say that the Dutch one is not pure because it has wider leaves. According to them the true Haze has thinner leaves because there are Hazes (like the OT Haze) that have thinner leaves, and because the thinner the leaves, the more sativa it is supposed to be.
But not all sativas have SO thin leaves. We know that some mexican strains have wider leaves compared to the classic Thai strains that have extremely thin leaves. Dutch hazes' leaves are not wider than photos of mexicans grown in similar conditions (humidity and light intensity). And as the story goes, Haze started as a Mexican/Colombian hybrid, with later addition of Indian/Jamaican and Thai.
My point is that perhaps the Haze that Sam brought to Amsterdam was of earlier seeds (with less or no Thai addition) or was simply selected towards the wider-leaf American phenos by the Dutch. Meanwhile the OT Haze (and the supposed Haze that Nevil got from NY) were more Thai influenced.
The Dutch Haze by its effect is as pure sativa as it can get. It is clear, electric and euphoric. It has high chances for purple/red pheno. The euphoric quality is the best I've tried and the only thing that I've tried and can compare is an Oaxacan hybrid. That's why I think that the Dutch Haze is more American leaning.
I haven't tried a pure OT Haze, or original Neville's Haze. I've tried SSH which had very thin leaves coupled with a hammer-like stone, which was closer to the strong trippy high of Thais than to the clear and happy Oaxacan.

Of course, this is just speculations based on online photos and limited experience with the old classic strains. After all, what matters is to get that magic Haze high, which is the perfect balance between the asian trippy focused high and the emotional euphoric high of Mexican and Colombian strains.

thx for joining the thread yoss33!

i highly appreciate your input on the differences on the hazelines, very interesting point of view. personally i wouldn't call them seperate haze lines, for me it is one line that covers a pretty broad range of characteristics. what you described, for me are more like the different ends of the one haze spectrum. othaze and dutch haze for me are the same thing, only that the range covered by the othaze is still a lot wider than what is found in the dutch haze - which i would guess is a result from the heavy inbreeding that the haze "suffered" in the netherlands.

when i have time to post more about my skunk x php cross you will see where i'm coming from with this. i was truely amazed that i found a plant in the skunk x php that is so similar to the titans haze that you could hand me a flower of the skunk x php as titans haze and i would not doubt it for a second... the other plants of this cross where not as similar to the titans but still recognisable as close relatives on the first sight...

i guess what i'm arguing here is more of a semantic question than anything else - but i want to stress that keepers (of the same qualities) can be found in both of these ends of the range and that starting with othaze you can get to the same point where the dutch haze is today (the other way round it is more difficult - impossible actually - of course because of how inbred the dutch haze is) that is the point where the high value of othaze lies for me: it offers haze as a whole genepool and not as a highly inbred, bottlenecked and stabilised genotype of said genepool.

of course this inbred, stabilised dutch haze has advantages as well - less selection has to be done to encounter the desired expression (as long as the desired expression is what was stabilised in the first place) and results are more predictable than with othaze... so in the end it's like always a matter of preferences...

for me personally the othaze is where it's at, but there actually are circumstances in which i would recommend a dutch haze over othaze...

you really nailed the magic haze high with your description there... i like them both, the energetic clear high (titans haze) and the more dreamy, euphoric high (purple haze x panama) - what i like best (with both the clear and the dreamy) is that there is no ceiling - once you got the haze magic you never lose it :D

Sideshow – Your photos and strains look exceptional. Everyone is posting beautiful examples. I’m especially attracted to those Tom Hills and Zamal x Haze. They both have these certain colors to them. I feel like I’m kind of perverted about it (heavy breathing).

I once acquired some seeds from BC, way back when, that included that Original Haze, Willy Jack Haze, and Neville’s Haze. This was back at a time when I had very little experience with pure tropical sativas. I remember one of them, I think Original (Tom Hills?), looked extremely pretty with fuzzy\hairy looking flowers.
It was quite likely that I was not growing them correctly, because I was disappointed with all of them. However, the Neville’s Haze caught my attention because even though they were turning out weak for me, I noticed that I was mildly high for a very long time, 6 hours! This was a trait that I remember from my younger years of the very best strains.

Then I came across one particular Neville’s that was very different from the rest. The leaves were much paler yellow green and much thinner fingers. It also grew much more slowly as a seedling. It reminded me in the looks and smell like Thai, but color like Columbian Gold.

I had heard that Haze was a combination of Acapulco Gold, Columbian, Thai, and South Indian. Because of this, I nicknamed this individual Acapulco Thai.

Because of how slowly this individual grew, it had to be in the vegetation cabinet much longer and then get flowered in a subsequent flowering cycle. Once it did get into the room with much brighter light, it took off and grew fast.

The darn thing did not grow buds. It only had single individual “foxtails” of about 8 to 12 calyxes. I had a fantasy that at the very end they would explode into buds. After about 16 to 18 weeks it stopped adding any new pistils and I realized it was over.

It took a lot of time snipping those mini foxtails into a pile. When I tried it, I realized that this was the only one of a handful of plants that I have ever grown that was as good as the imported grass I had when I was growing up in the 1970s.

I saved a cutting of that for a very long time, searching for another gem that was worthy enough to cross it to that might actually produce buds. I never found one. When I realized that I had gone a stretch six years without flowering that cutting because it did not produce more than a few grams, I finally killed it.

Before I killed it, I had tried to preserve the magic of it in some seeds. I crossed it with Burmese from VISC. I judged this weed to be only medium potency, but it did have “no ceiling”. If I smoked 3 hits, it was very pleasant. If I smoked 8 tokes, I could get very high. I usually judge weed by how I feel after 3 tokes. If I’m not blasted in a tripping, soaring, euphoric sort of way, I don’t consider it “top shelf”. I back crossed to the Acapulco Thai cutting, and crossed the result with Hawaiian Haze which had shown some glimmers of goodness. I then backcrossed again to the Acapulco Thai cutting.

I’m now very skeptical of claims of high quality genetics. I pretty much am not interesting in acquiring any genetics that are not related to Haze, Thai, Columbian, Oaxacan, and Zamal. Possibly old school Jamaican… Oh crap, never mind. I’m interested in trying everything! The various Hazes are at the top of the list.

I finally got the nerve to acquire some seeds again from another seed company, ACE. Because of the favorable reports of some of their strains, I’ve started looking through these seeds that I have made from the Acapulco Thai cutting to find parents for hybrid vigor of two outstanding strains.

Here are some photos of the Haze related seedlings of the Aculpulco Thai (AT) cutting:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment....1&d=1360949637

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment....1&d=1360949664

In the first image, the two seedlings on the left are children seedlings of the AT cut. The one on the right is Purple Old Timers Haze x Meao Thai (PHT). The AT seedlings are one week older than the PHT!! You can now see that the AT is very, very slow growing. They have kept that trait, the lighter green color, and tiny buds. The bud size has improved very minimally. They have lost the skinny leaflets due to the cross with the fat leaved Burmese.

Forgive me if I’m being an old, long winded, broken record.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

thank you for the compliment ThaiBliss!

a combination of a special nevils haze pheno with burmese and hawaiian haze? color me interested! please keep us updated about your findings in the AT offspring (the PHT as well of course *g* ) :)

that 6 hour high took me by surprise the first time i experienced it... that was with zamal x nevils haze, i had important stuff to do that day but thought one tiny sativa-spliff couldn't hurt... it was really hard to concentrate on the lecture with everything glowing and the walls breathing ever so slightly in their own constant rhythm... what a fun day that was - one of the reasons why i love sativas so much...

for me ace and cannabiogen are the first adress to go for acquiring true sativa genetics as well!

your not sounding old at all, more like a classic *g* this thread would not exist if it weren't for oldtimer(s) ;)

Sideshow-Bob

Sup brother

Im sure it wasnt a surprise

Im Glad we share the same passion it seems there are quite a few others .Its healthy to not always agree .BUt its Great when we can converse an open our minds an learn from others opinions an knowledge an experiences

I Truly await my next trip im grown an on a whole nother level . My many inquistions bothers some here an it did my brother on a travel to the Dam he has more of the avg stoner mentality i dont care what it is if it gets me high LOL.

But if you recall my Q for Sams thread it was intially partially based off of where is the Ohaze if you brought it to the Dam becaz i didnt find what i know as haze . I agree with you to an extent about the Genetics being there but agree whole heartedily about the majority of the products being grown for $ . IM itching to see a bud of Nevilles haze in ADAM i want too see what pheno greenhouse sells . I think it is Damn near disrespectful that a proper Sams haze hybrid or Nevil haze HZ hybrid isnt commonly available

Im curious to know if the Shared cut is that infamous limona cut .Maybe El rubio can share more on that as Raco is a man who exemplifies a Picture is worth a thousand words but he is a man of few words himself

Quote:
i don't say it is a haze-hybrid, just that it looks like one to me. there are a lot of folks around that know so much more about this line
Well maybe most important to Us but i wont get into that ATM lol

I know you say you dont want to speak on it but isnt that wat this thread is about I think it would be hard to judge throughly from one selected cut . BUt from reports an shared info an pics i can see

When you say haze hybrid im curious as to your exact thought if you think it is a Sat -indi hybrid or pure sativa hybrid ?

I have grown out 3 plants an i have an opinion From what ive researched an experienced myself .

I love an appreciate you paragraph about Ohaze ,Its been debated if pure sativas can finish properly 12/12 . I would have love too see dried bud shots .Your description is interersting of taste /aromas the aromas are very similar to a Skunk/haze pheno From MNS ive experienced, an the taste transitiioned well

Btw
( it is Sk/HZ Mns neva had a female haze ) Sams did a haze skunk cross but the skunk haze he did seems it was the one more commonly sold but he said they were very similar . I find interesting

Its amust you try Nevilles haze ,I Really love to see what you could do with Sams Thunk . I think a combination of both strains has Grail potential .All around amazing vigor yield Effects an flavor an i think Nevilles haze would bring the Thunk flowering time down Lmoa sounds funny sorry i had to .

I think you would enjoy MNS Sk/HZ very much .It is Half the Genetic akeup of Jack herrer which you enjoy .In my Second pheno it was very Reminesecnt of what i know as jack . BUt the Sk/Hz i grew compared to titans growth seems more toward the haze side . Not sure if soil or Not havin her dialed in could play apart

There are several pics on the net of Nyc hazes Icmag in particular .Id like to say again ive seen many many different reprsenations some are more sativa than others . I added a pic of what i consider a haze dom pheno of Nevilles haze grown outdoors an two seperate batches of a foxtailed more sativa leaning phenos of NYC Haze .

I am far from familiar with sativas of yesteryear ,but ive had a LiL taste thanks to this community

My skills are far from you an many others with pic taking an growing
Ive tried to put up old pics taken of my Dvr soo please excuse the quality but i think you can get an idea .

You are appreciated brother

Peace love an Haze to all the haze Heads

1luvbigherb

thanks for posting the pictures of the nyc haze mate!

i love the foxtails with the big calyxes in those last two pics, that's one of the "visual" traits i like very much about the haze hybrids, the delicate thin leaves in combination with high stacking foxtails and big resinous calyxes - really elegant plants *g*

next time you are in the dam check out mexican haze in the dampkring (if they still have it, haven't been there since '09) on my last trip to the dam that was the most hazy i could find, quite similar to the titans haze i know and love...

i know how it is to be with regular stoners or even non-smokers *g* ... i have earned my fair share of enstranged looks for shoving a bud up my nose in the attempt to capture all the nuances of the herb's aroma...

regarding tom hill haze: well it would have to be a hybrid with a pure sativa, but please don't quote me on the TH haze being a hybrid, this is just a feeling i get when i look at pics online - i have no growing experience with the line whatsoever, so i'm really not qualified to make comments about her genetic make up... i have a lot of respect for tom hills work and have no reason to doubt his word about the origin of his lines...

sorry, i don't think i have any dry-shots from the original haze - the flowers were really just spindly stems lined up with tiny calyxes... not a lot of resin... bag appeal? zero - most people would laugh at you when you would try to sell it to them...

a combination of nevils haze and skunkhaze should be great, i think it would turn out really similar to ssh/jack, just a bit hazier... i imagine it to have a better high as the northern lights influence is what makes ssh/jack hit so hard...

i think it's normal you found hazier expressions in the skunkhaze than this titans haze, the other plants from the pack of seeds were longer flowering and less manageable indoors - the great thing is that the high of the short pheno (80days) is just as clean as the longer flowering ones...

thanks for your input and contribution to this thread! i look forward to see where the haze passion will lead you in your future haze-projects!

F

Fluffy Clouds

hi sideshowbob :tiphat: i remember your titans haze thread back in the days.. im haze lover too, very inspiring...

i grew those thunks nad i can recommend those beans :biggrin: i grew also tom hill haze... thh surprised me cause i was awaiting typical haze stretch in flowering but that didnt happen lol but still it smokes like pure haze, i like that lemony pheno, i got crazy high on it.. original haze is great greenhouse plant, and cold helps her to mature quicker... unlike other sativas i grew, cold doesnt stop original haze flowering which is remarkable trait imo.. i mean cold in last weeks of flowering.. anyway id rather grow haze hybrids due to short flowering season.. i grew deepchunkhazeF2 from tom hill which is fantastic, ask Raco about it.. this season ill try to grow some trainwreck x nevilles haze seeds.. i hope ACE will make oth x panama hybrid more available or maybe purplehazethai x panama would be killer..

tom hill haze limonera

picture.php

picture.php

two phenotypes of thunk

picture.php

F

Fluffy Clouds

smokin now some ssh x amnesia

picture.php

good smoke but it aint real deal haze...

i love haze, love to be trippin out... i love to smoke it in summer.. get some spice to my lung and enjoy life haha

Latest posts

Latest posts