What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hazemania

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Hola :)

The first thing i want to say in this thread is

THANK YOU

to sam for bringing the haze to europe, to Oldtimer for keeping her the way she was and then later sharing her with us and of course to dubi and the ACE collective for all the work they have done with the haze!

you made it possible for me to experience this unique variety even though i'm decades and thousands of miles away from where she was conceived, so glad she survived and could become the classic she is today!

my obsession with haze started in Amsterdam with the Hawaiian Haze, when you get a well-grown sample of this you will know why: incredibly floral-tasting haze. so back then i realized i like haze... i then tried basically everything -haze you could find in amsterdam, some real gems were found and a lot of dirty-uncured bud was smoked :D

my first growing experiences with haze were truely disappointing, i found some nice haze-structured plants - but the haze aroma i loved so much was nowhere to be found.

here i have to describe the haze-aroma... uhm... well... yeah... it's nice :D very complex and therefor hard to describe... first and foremost there's incense (if i can't smell incense than it's not the haze i'm looking for) but there's also the haze stench, which is catpiss-ammonia type of aroma, then there is antique wood and leather, of course there's citrus aroma too, and then there's the floral side, also green and nutty flavours are to be found... really complex - it's a polyhybrid and you notice this with the aromas...

my preferred type of haze aroma is definetely antique wood-leather-frankincense, which also seems to be one of the hardest to find... catpiss-incense is very enjoyable too and citric-incense haze hits the spot as well... green and nutty is what i discard instantly...

in this thread i want to document my hazy adventures and talk about a variety of cannabis that is everywhere and yet still is mystically elusive ;)

it's in the ACE section because it features ACEs Purple Haze x Panama + progeny and i just love the laid back atmosphere with all the knowledgeable folks around this part, and i know dubi won't mind me showing some other hazes at the side of the OThazes...

now let's see some pics...

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
first up is the hybrid pheno of Purple Haze x Panama, 14 weeks:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

good vibes!

medman225

Fuckin beautidful bro
Seriously dude. Well grown well flushed haze=my favorite
forgive me for my lack of knowledge.... but didn't u spread a ssh cut everyone speaks of so fondly?

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Fuckin beautidful bro
Seriously dude. Well grown well flushed haze=my favorite
forgive me for my lack of knowledge.... but didn't u spread a ssh cut everyone speaks of so fondly?

i think you mean the amnesia haze, i only passed this one on, it was selected by a friend of mine known online as "das hanf ass" ;) (btw ass is german for ace)

totally agree about the well flushed part! there were times when i thought a "healthy" green plant is a good thing to have at harvest time... oh boy was i wrong :D

here is the haze pheno of purple haze x panama, 16weeks (well flushed *g* )

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

she's a keeper...

medman225

My dear God ur making me itch to pop some haze
yes amnesia haze that's right. I knew I had seen ur name a few times before ;)
Absolutely stunning pics
Keep em comming brow we love em
Those panamaxpurple haze got a reeeeally nice flush tho I can see it.... u def moved on from thinking healthy green plants at harvest is the way to go.... lol iv ben there too.
not enough good haze around... gonna havta follow suit and produce the best on my own.
Have u ever tried ohaze bro?
Jst wondering wat differences, if any, are you noticing between the oldtimer haze and Sam's ohaze or skunkhaze or even shanties and nevs haze hybrids, as they utilize Sam's haze?

Oneiros

looking good SSB!! Please don't hesitate to share informative tidbits about PHxP... especially a smoke report... or maybe even a comparison between Panama and PHxP. ;)

I should have my Purple Haze x Panama by the end of this week..
I'd love to grow this out with another run of Panama. It will have to wait behind 2 grows....
The first consists of Panama, Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica, and Tropical Mix..
The second will include Chinese Yunnan, Golden Tiger, Pakistan Chitral Kush, and CBG Peyote Purple (starts next week... all short flowering around ~60 days).

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Man that Purple Haze Panama look incredible.
Extremely well grown. I can only imagine the smoke :thank you:

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
My dear God ur making me itch to pop some haze
yes amnesia haze that's right. I knew I had seen ur name a few times before ;)
Absolutely stunning pics
Keep em comming brow we love em
Those panamaxpurple haze got a reeeeally nice flush tho I can see it.... u def moved on from thinking healthy green plants at harvest is the way to go.... lol iv ben there too.
not enough good haze around... gonna havta follow suit and produce the best on my own.
Have u ever tried ohaze bro?
Jst wondering wat differences, if any, are you noticing between the oldtimer haze and Sam's ohaze or skunkhaze or even shanties and nevs haze hybrids, as they utilize Sam's haze?

ok, now we're way down the rabbit hole already *g* ... most of these questions are exavtly what i wanted to talk about in this thread!

i have grown original haze from tfd and had the chance to try a selected Tom Hill haze (racos selection i think), haven't had the chance to try pure OTHaze yet, i'm afraid.

with shantis Hazes i have no direct growing experience, but i have tried a lot of different SSH and some critical haze, haven't tried the mango haze yet which i think i would like, most SSH hits me too much like a indica/sativa hybrid (which it is) so i think the mango haze would more suit my taste... i know there are some fantastic expressions to be found in the mr.nice hazes and i can't wait to some day have the chance to explore the mango haze / ssh in depth...

i also have quite a bit of a history with jack herer and jack flash from sensi, which are similar to SSH in many aspects, two of my alltime favorite herbs...

now the skunkhaze... i love the titans haze which is tfds new name for their skunk#1 x haze, it is the best haze i have grown (even better than the purple haze x panama, though those have more potential in crossings imho) the titans haze is the perfect example of what i expect from a good haze hybrid: deliver haze taste and effect but at the same time being manageable indoors... and she does that no doubt, i'll post some pics later in this thread and write somewhat more detailed about her then...

besides the titans haze, there is a cross i made with the purple haze x panama, i pollinated a local skunk cut that i know very well (die grüne hessin) with 4 different PHP males to do some progeny testing of the males... i got some very classic skunkhaze expressions from this cross. one of the reasons why i have very little doubt about the authenticity of the oldtimer haze ;)

then there is a great clone that is in circulation in spain that is called "la tijuana" it is a very special plant and personally i think it's a skunkxhaze combination, if i had two describe it in two words those would be "strawberry haze"

also we got the kali mist, which some people think is a skunkxhaze line as well (i'm looking in your direction dubi *g*), a while ago i did a selection from 3 packs of kali mist... i am still not sure about it, i totally could believe that it is indeed a skunkhaze - there are a lot of similarities to be found for sure! but i also could believe that there is something present besides the skunk and haze, such a clear temple hash incense aroma in some that i also can believe that there are some different himalayan genes in the kali...

nevils haze is fantastic as well, smoked quite a few nice ones and have grown some hybrids of it, zamal x nevils haze is the most psychedelic cannabis that i ever came across (true acidweed)

you sure should plant those haze seeds! lots of good things waiting to be discovered...

looking good SSB!! Please don't hesitate to share informative tidbits about PHxP... especially a smoke report... or maybe even a comparison between Panama and PHxP.

I should have my Purple Haze x Panama by the end of this week..
I'd love to grow this out with another run of Panama. It will have to wait behind 2 grows....
The first consists of Panama, Golden Tiger, Zamaldelica, and Tropical Mix..
The second will include Chinese Yunnan, Golden Tiger, Pakistan Chitral Kush, and CBG Peyote Purple (starts next week... all short flowering around ~60 days).

i will write more about the PHP for sure, she's up there with the best!

can't make a comparison to pure panama as i have not tried it yet, sorry.

great line up! i hope you find some nice expressions!

ok, nothing goes as well with a wall of text as some nice pics...

Original Haze (tfd) 150 days of flowering, she went 180 days in the end

picture.php

picture.php

as you can see she was not the happiest, too much N and too much light (12/12)... they are tough to dial in indoors *g*

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
a happy haze :)

picture.php

picture.php

titans haze... i have smoked her every day for three months and even after 90 days of tokin her daily she got me as high as on the first day, not a lot of strains that do that! and she's tasty i wanted more when all was gone after the 90 days :D

bloyd

Veteran
Great pics and great to see you posting again Bob. Do you have any experience with shanti's skunk x haze cross?

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Gadzooks!!! Those are some mouth watering photos, especially the PHT x Panama and the Titans Haze. I've always had a special appreciation for Thai, but had a Haze once that was better.

Great job Sideshow. Can you remind us what the Tiatans is about? What makes it different from other Hazes?

Thanks

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Thx for the kind words bloyd, ThaiBliss, edelweiß and I and I :)

damn... that NYC haze must be good, i bet it's the reason why new yorkers are so renown for their courtesy and friendliness :D

1st off beautiful pics.. i'm hellbent on finding that 20 (or longer) week pheno.. just started some golden tiger..

a comment about mr nice's ssh (seeds from 5-6-7yrsd ago) and his mango haze.. we have grown out both over 3-4 grows, and while the smoke is 'ok' , def not great... disappointing would be the word i use...and 'boring'... all the mums were culled..

finally i've been in new york many times, and find most of the people warm and friendly... but as in any city, there are 'dicks'... or in this case 'butt-lers'...

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I would L-O-V-E to try the Frankinsence NYC Haze!

But I know from personal experience, that extremely excellent individuals can rear it's head even in varieties that are very average. I wouldn't bad mouth anyone else's judgement if they have some genetics that have worked well for them, since I would hope they would spread the good stuff around. That is the best way to make the cannabis landscape better.

44 years of toking,

ThaiBliss for everyone!

Last edited:

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Great pics and great to see you posting again Bob. Do you have any experience with shanti's skunk x haze cross?

sorry totally missed your question... like i said, i have no direct growing experience with shantis seeds, but have smoked enough SSH to know there is some straight fire in his haze-gear... imho you can't go wrong with shantis skunk x haze :)

1st off beautiful pics.. i'm hellbent on finding that 20 (or longer) week pheno.. just started some golden tiger..

a comment about mr nice's ssh (seeds from 5-6-7yrsd ago) and his mango haze.. we have grown out both over 3-4 grows, and while the smoke is 'ok' , def not great... disappointing would be the word i use...and 'boring'... all the mums were culled..

finally i've been in new york many times, and find most of the people warm and friendly... but as in any city, there are 'dicks'... or in this case 'butt-lers'...

hi zach, nice to read you ;)

sorry to hear you didn't find anything worth keeping in the mr.nice hazes... i would not have wondered after one round with them, it takes practice to dial in a hazeplant and especially with haze i have noted that plants need time "to fully mature", in the sense that the 2nd and 3rd generation clones often showed more pronounced haze aromas then 1st generation clones...

i think haze in general is a plant where small differences in the growing can have huge impact on the final product as well, it's easy to mess up a haze so that it's really hay(ze) instead of haze... not saying that's what you did, afaik you know your stuff, but i'm sure that this does play a role in the mixed reviews about any haze-strain out there ;)

please take my comment about new yorkers as tongue in cheek... i know that "hay de todos en todos lados" applies to NYC as much as to any big city... also i have read enough posts of folks who obviously know their weed raving on about piff/frankies/whatever to understand that there is some very good haze in NYC and that one of them seems grail-like and wide-spread and quite special.... but really, in any big city there is some nice haze to be found if you know where to look or get lucky - remember that this variety has been around for a long time, with seeds being available globally for decades - to say that true haze is only to be found in NYC is *insert adjective you see fit*

lastly while i'll admit i had to grin at the butt-wordplay i really want this thread to be about and filled with the good feeling haze inspires - and while i think the way gerald expressed his opinion was in no way appropriate i will say that i understand where he's coming from... the ACE othaze really is that good that if you haven't got lucky enough to find a good dutch haze, only hayze, it's hard to imagine these two lines should be close relatives...

but it's all really just a matter of perspective, there also are people who see it the other way round... remember dalaihempy? he was so stuck on his haze-stories that he just could not accept the possibility that othaze is really haze - and he's missing out, just as the guys who entirely dismiss dutch haze :)

in this thread i want to offer my perspective... it's highly subjective of course and therefor might differ drastically from other perspectives, if anybody finds he has to offer a different point of view - please share it! but do so in a calm and educated way so that we all can learn something from it and this doesn't turn into a flame war... i value my time much too highly to waste it on internet-drama ;) maybe gerard can post some pics of his dutch hazes vs his othazes, since he has grown both? would be a lot more valuable for this thread...

oh and good luck with your golden tiger selection zach! she's a really strong one...

I would L-O-V-E to try the Frankinsence NYC Haze!

But I know from personal experience, that extremely excellent individuals can rear it's head even in varieties that are very average. I wouldn't bad mouth anyone else's judgement if they have some genetics that have worked well for them, since I would hope they would spread the good stuff around. That is the best way to make the cannabis landscape better.

30 years of toking,

ThaiBliss for everyone!

thanks for the wise words ThaiBliss! (great name btw)

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Here is a pic of my skunk x PHP cross:

picture.php

and one of the titans haze at around the same age:

picture.php

you can't go wrong with skunk x haze :)

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
My bad for the rude tone. Don't know how else to address this topic though as its something I've held my tongue on for some time now. I've grown out Sams Skunk x Haze freebies as I'm sure many others have and there's no way of commenting on them without sounding rude or getting right out banned on this forum. Just keepin it real. I value my time/space in the grow room just like you value yours on the internet. And I'd love to post pics, trust me I would, but its not a smart thing to do for certain folks for obvious reasons. In due time. With that being said, I'd like to point out that mango haze from Mr. Nice is one of my favorites, even being mixed with some skunk Shanti did a great job with that one. I think the OT1 line is pretty cool as well. As for true haze being found only in NYC I'm not saying that, but it's certainly the best one I've experienced. Its originally from Miami so it could be around there as well. The only problem with it is that its so underground you don't get too many professionals handling it anymore. The majority of it available is harvested early without a proper cure etc

bigherb

Veteran
SideshowBob

Im excited too see this thread , I share your appreciation for this legendary strain an her siblings an Im most thankful to all those who have worked to spread an preserve for our community .

Id like to say im happy too see you posting an i appreciate all you have shared .I remember your thread on titans haze an that really brought her to my attention . Im hopful you can share some more of your knowledge an experiences as i have a few questions

Its great to have someone who has grown sevral of the varities as that is the sign of a true haze lover . It seems certain folk get caught up in the politics an folk tales that came with or were created behind the line/source an favor a particular source . I cant lie at one point i swayed one direction myself but with life comes experince an i have become abit more knowledgeable an open minded .

My experince/situation is very limited an my dream is to one day Run all the top available haze lines . My passion started when i was a young teen getting Haze from NYC . I also recall a hawaiian haze from abraxas that i sampled in 04 n 07 if i recall correct, both times they were one of the better haze varities of the Dam

We share a passion for the Darker aromas of haze as frankincense is a trait close to my heart .The thing about the Dam hazes is they were not what i was familiar with as for taste/smell an effects most lacked any incense at all an were sweet .But i understand now the concept behind the CS scene an its rare that a connesuier strain makes it on the menu for several reasons .

Your P--haze x panama is gorgeous love those foxtails ,she has been given some graet reviews on IC .

Im curious to hear more about your experience with Tom hill haze an OH from TFD .Im curious as to comparison of taste/aromas an growth patterns ?

I love your pics of TFD Haze it is Gorgeous id love too see dried bud shots ,The spindly bracts of calyxes is a turn on i better stop lol .From her growth you can see one reason she is uggested as breeding material but im curious how she she alone caz i sure you seen the moon smoking her . Im curious to know was she fully matured at 180 ?

Im also curious to know if you have ran or tasted Reefermans Haze bros haze ?
I have not found one smoke report todate but have seen/spoke with single handed posters claiming to have grown her

Also curious if you have Grown Sams CC Haze hybrids?,as you say the Titans haze is a favorite im sure you would enjoy his Haze x Skunk or Thunk which has been spoke of very highly .Those are 2 high of my to do list but i better get a pack before they dissapear as the stock been around since or before my joining IC.

sorry to hear you didn't find anything worth keeping in the mr.nice hazes... i would not have wondered after one round with them, it takes practice to dial in a hazeplant and especially with haze i have noted that plants need time "to fully mature", in the sense that the 2nd and 3rd generation clones often showed more pronounced haze aromas then 1st generation clones...

Its often been said about all clones but its information like this which is why i hope this thread continues

Id too like to suggest Shanti skunk haze the 2 pheons i grew were very Haze dom in growth an effects the only skunk presence i recognized was in the flowering time an taste .For me Nevilles haze is the closest to what i know as Haze but i am yet to do an indoor run soo i think i havnt seen her full potentials .

An Lastly NYC is a place to experience atleast once the Vibe people an culture's are unique an beautiful but as any other place on earth we are not all the Same just like Cannabis ;)

Much Respect an appreciation for sharing your knowledge an experiences ,Id love to hear some more any it be great if you could give insight o some of my questions

1luvbigherb