What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Purple Old Timer's Haze x Meao Thai

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hey, Dubi. Just got back from a trip overseas. 4 for 4 sprouts from the pOTH x Thai and both purple haze popped as well. Since I was gone, I had the lights quite high and the seedlings have stretched some. I will plant much of the stem in the next transplants.

The original pOTH x Thais are starting to produce some nice flower formations. I am losing some of the larger fan leaves. I will give a light Nitrogen feed, but this is also due to lower light levels indoors, I believe. I should have some new pics later this week.

Regards,

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
As promised, some updated pictures...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

These shots are from the first, thinner leaved plant. She originally showed flowers the earliest, but appears she may be a later finisher. Hard to tell as both plants have a long way to go.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Plant #2

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Pistils are taking on a purple hue as they mature. Still not a lot of smell coming off of these ladies, but I expect that to change as they mature. I've given them both a couple of doses of fertilizer in hopes I can keep some fan leaves on them through finish. Really starting to look nice!

Here's a shot of what's to come...

picture.php

Far back are the clones of these two plants. Back row of babies + next row far left is the new Purple Haze x Meao Thai (Mum's 3 and 4). 2 each. The next three plants are DJ Short's F13. The front row middle and far right are Ace Purple Haze. I'm day dreaming of a cross between F13 and Purple Haze. We'll see if I can make that a reality. I'll sex these and then clone the females for flower this fall. My grow space is still up in the air and I hope I can finish the original PHaze x MT's where they are currently at, but no guarantees.

Thanks Dubi and Ace!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
PS,

All PH x MT seeds sprouted (4 for 4) as did the two Purple Haze seeds I planted (2 for 2). So 100% germination on these so far!

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I'm day dreaming of a cross between F13 and Purple Haze. We'll see if I can make that a reality."
Yo,
Do it.
Do it...

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Yo, Lean Green...My long legged sativas have constantly been on the move. Once they find a stable home, I will definitely look heavily into the Purple Haze/F13. I think it could be a really wonderful cross. I have seen the potential of the OTH line in other crosses + DJ himself thinks the F13 is very suitable for out crossing. Problem will be finding the ideal male. F13 is known for producing sterile males and OTH line is heavy female.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome back UHN :)

Im glad the new seeds germinated correctly. Stock is very fresh. You are dealing very nicely with the flowering of your tropical sativa indoors, i like the color and flower distribution at this stage, the colas have a big pyramidal shape and still quite inmature, guess they will produce quite voluminous flowers at the end. They dont smell too much in the first 2.5 months of flowering, just a light rubber kind of aroma.

I have no experience with F13 but i always love a good flo, dj's work is real unique, i think the purple haze thai x f13 cross would be real interesting, guess quite tall and sativa dominant, but the aromas, colors and quality could be amazing. Good luck!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Thanks dubi. My first DJ grow was Flo about 12 years ago or so. Really enjoyed those plants. I have high hopes for the F13 as a really quick finishing sativa leaning line. I want to try the pure Purple Haze line with F13, but I think the PHaze x Thai would also be a good way to go. I'm guessing the right F13 cross could reduce flower times by a month give or take a week.

Yes, I would say the plants smell a bit like rubber now. They are really starting to take off and I'm still scrambling for a secure long term grow space, so it's a bit touch and go how these will finish, but I'm hopeful things will become a bit more static in a month or so. I'm just hoping I can keep them flowering through the transition.

I may try to get one or two plants outdoors this fall.

I'll try to snap a few more pictures in a few days. I've fertilized several times, but as stated earlier, am losing some of the lower fan leaves. I think it really is a function of indoor light vs. ideal sunshine. The advice on trimming many of the spindly branches from the reveg seems to have paid off nicely (especially on the thinner leaved plant where it was most severe). Now, I'm focusing the energy on the longer colas, though they are going to need a lot of support to hold the weight of fully flowered buds.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Some new shots. These plants have now been indoors under 12/12 for about 9.5 weeks. I'm guessing I've got another 7-10 weeks left. The thinner leaved plant will take the longest as it is well behind the other plant in terms of flower production.

Here's the thinner leaf

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
The thicker leaf

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I'm a bit surprised at how much of a Nitrogen hog these plants are. I up potted in a nice organic coir based mix right before flower and have recently hit them with some mid strength organic teas using fish emulsions, sea weed, EWC, poultry litter, potash, alfalfa meal, bat guano's and black strap molasses. Still, plenty of yellow leaf. I may give them one or two more nitrogen heavy feeds over the next couple of weeks, than back to flower nutes before pure water finish. Going to have to check soil pH as I'm not sure if the coco coir could be causing an issue. Anyway, they are mostly happy campers with some minor leaf drop.

I didn't take baby pictures today, but they are all doing well except one of the pure purple haze is a little N deficient.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Some more pics from my visit to the garden today.

First up, a group shot of the F3 PHaze x Meao Thai from Ace 2012

picture.php

These two are from Mum 3

picture.php
picture.php

and these are from Mum 4
picture.php

picture.php

The last one is interesting, much shorter and more fat (indica) looking leaf structure. They will all be FIMMED, sexed and cloned this summer for indoor flowering this fall.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Here's another quick shot of the F1's in flower. I hit them with another dose of high N today. Think that may do it for a while.

picture.php

Here are a couple shots of 2012 Ace Pure Purple Haze babies.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

And finally a group shot of those DJ F13's I'm running looking for a cross with the Purple Haze and PHaze x Meao Thai's.

picture.php

Last edited:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Here's some photo updates from yesterday, around 11 weeks of flower. The heavy handed Nitrogen feeds have burned some tips, but all in all...they seem to be chugging along.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This is the chunkier pheno. Both plants are now starting to develop some aroma. Still light, but reminds me of tropical fruits and citrus. Still has some of the rubbery smell as well.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Here are the Pure Purple Hazes...

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

A group shot of the F13's

picture.php

And a Grand Daddy Purple female clone group that may be fun to cross to the Ace gear...

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Not much time today, but a few quick shots...

picture.php

Didn't have the time to move them out from under the lights, but they are starting to get their groove on. The lower branches are starting to look like they don't have a whole lot longer to go (maybe 3-4 weeks), with stacked calyxes and a nice trichome field. These are at week 12 under 12/12 indoors.

picture.php

Fruit and must aromas. The lower buds closest to the T5's are doing really well; furthering my belief that a metal halide or better yet, a plasma bulb, would be an excellent compliment to the HPS indoors.

picture.php

Here are the PHaze x MT F3 babies

picture.php

And the pure Purple Haze

picture.php

All of the babies will veg until sexed.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello UHN :) Guess the Purple Haze Thai F1s just need 2-3 weeks more to finish, nice developed for indoor growing ;)

Im glad to see the new Purple Haze Thais and Purple Hazes are coming up next .... you are going to be an expert on this lines :) Best wishes!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Thanks dubi; expertise may be a while to come but I enjoy the experience along the way! The lower branches are finishing up. I'm seeing some signs of stacking in the main colas too. I'm becoming more convinced that blue/day light spectrum can be of benefit indoors. I will need to put my hypothesis to the test. The new PHxMT F3'S and pure PH are doing well (if not a bit cramped) in their cups. Maybe a few more weeks before I can sex them. Looking forward to sprouting a few more Ace seeds. Panama is high on my list. Hopefully, more pictures of the finishing haze/thai's next week.