What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Purple Old Timer's Haze x Meao Thai

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Some updated photos from this week. I am still jumping through hoops on the new indoor spot, so they are still enjoying the great outdoors, though they are getting more than 12 hours light a day which will throw them back into veg shortly.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for share it UHN! :) Looking happy outdoors.

You are right, im not sure about your latitude or hemisphere but pure hazes (and tropical sativas) should start to re veg in april in moderate latitudes (northern hemisphere).
If you reveg them, they wil size like monsters in autumn!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Thanks for share it UHN! :) Looking happy outdoors.

You are right, im not sure about your latitude or hemisphere but pure hazes (and tropical sativas) should start to re veg in april in moderate latitudes (northern hemisphere).
If you reveg them, they wil size like monsters in autumn!

Yes, dubi...you are correct, I expect them to start revegging shortly unless I can get my indoor situation resolved. I took clones of each and they have recently been potted.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Finally moved the two purple haze x Thai's indoors. I've been carrying them indoors and putting them in the cupboard the past week - bringing them out in the morning to keep a 12/12 schedule, so I am glad they are in a relatively stable environment now. Accidentally snapped a main branch on the skinnier girl, but I propped it up and it seems to be doing ok. No pictures as they just got up potted into 20L smart pots and moved in garbage bags, so they are a little frazzled. Hope to have some shots in a week or two. With all the changes in light schedule, I'm wondering if they will shoot up some more before really putting the flowers on...we will see.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
How big is a "big" airpot? I'm just starting a few haze cuts in one Highlighter gave me, its about 3gal I think.When I cleaned out the airpot from the first grow it was clear that the roots had turned back to the middle, there was no whirling root mass around the outside and the plant was a very long way from being pot bound.The plant was a Chem clone and was in there about 80 days total and I used only organic nutes for entertainment, the coco thing has soo many angles its almost speeding out ahead of me.Its the AK-47(the gun) of hydro-media.Could just be me!:)

I just put these into 20L (5gal) airpots with my well aged amended Fox Farm mix + just purchased Vital Earth's manna mix which is organic coir/soil based, so let's see what happens. They've got another 10 weeks give or take 12. I'd like to see how developed the roots are at harvest. With this type of sativa, it should be just fine. These plants have been on a crusade...4 months outdoors 12/12 from seed and just when they started to flower, wham-o it's spring. As of tonight, they are on an indoor schedule which should keep them (fingers crossed) until finish (however long that might be).

Got a clone of each to back them up. Soon it will be time to dig into the P. Haze x Thai F2/F3's...PHeonixThai2.5; get ready to sprout your purple wings.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I just put these into 20L (5gal) airpots with my well aged amended Fox Farm mix + just purchased Vital Earth's manna mix which is organic coir/soil based, so let's see what happens. They've got another 10 weeks give or take 12. I'd like to see how developed the roots are at harvest. With this type of sativa, it should be just fine. These plants have been on a crusade...4 months outdoors 12/12 from seed and just when they started to flower, wham-o it's spring. As of tonight, they are on an indoor schedule which should keep them (fingers crossed) until finish (however long that might be).

Got a clone of each to back them up. Soon it will be time to dig into the P. Haze x Thai F2/F3's...PHeonixThai2.5; get ready to sprout your purple wings.

That sounds great :) it will be great to compare the new purple haze thai F3 generation with the original F1 hybrid.

So the F1s are finally flowering indoors ... they are going to develop nicely with 20 liter pots! :smoke:

Good luck and thanks for the update!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I'm hoping for good things, dubi. I sprayed the two plants with Safer's Soap since I was moving them indoors and they didn't exactly like it, but a few rinses with water and they are perking up. A few shots here.

picture.php

I'm going to need to work on my indoor camera etiquette.

picture.php

picture.php

These are both shots of the taller slower flowering plant. The shots I took of the slightly shorter plant were fuzzy, so we will have to wait until next time. This one looks like it is going to be long and slow.

Once I confirm that this spot will work out at the beginning of the month, I will cut into the new F3's.

Cheers.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Couple of quick shots.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Next pictures, I will try to pull them into a better spot, but you can see that they are putting on flowers. Taller plant is much further behind her slightly shorter sister.

I had topped the two clones and put them into flower today. Still in plastic cups, I will transplant once stretch has gotten under way.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
I respect your patience in growing such a monster ur humble narrator. I'm personally wondering what smoke will be like in the F3. The effects of the Purple Haze #23 are described as a very clear, up high. Is this any different from the Thai?

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I respect your patience in growing such a monster ur humble narrator. I'm personally wondering what smoke will be like in the F3. The effects of the Purple Haze #23 are described as a very clear, up high. Is this any different from the Thai?

Patience with these genetics, seems to be well rewarded. It is my first time with the PHxMT genetics. Can't wait to sample them. Thanks for stopping by.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi UHN,

this kind of tropical sativas are slow to adapt to changes but they will finally enjoy their new place with stable photoperiod to keep flowering. It's not easy to flower pure tropical sativas indoors but it's a experience to don't forget!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hi UHN,

this kind of tropical sativas are slow to adapt to changes but they will finally enjoy their new place with stable photoperiod to keep flowering. It's not easy to flower pure tropical sativas indoors but it's a experience to don't forget!

Quite a bit of growth from these sativas during the past few weeks. Still stretching a bit as flowering sets in again.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Think we are getting to the point where things are about to get explosive in here. These are under a 430 HPS + about 300W of T5 light. I have to go out of town for another death in the family and this one is really hitting home. New pictures in a week or so. Hopefully then I can start some new seeds as well.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Im glad they are starting to flower again after reveg, this kind of tropical sativas re veg like crazy as you are experiencing, producing plenty of thin stems, i'd avoid that cos thin stems wont be able to hold much weight and the yield will divided between many small flowers, i'd cut the thinner stems that receive less light and leave only the strongest to focus the yield there, you ll finish with much better looking flowers and the plants will be easier to grow.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Im glad they are starting to flower again after reveg, this kind of tropical sativas re veg like crazy as you are experiencing, producing plenty of thin stems, i'd avoid that cos thin stems wont be able to hold much weight and the yield will divided between many small flowers, i'd cut the thinner stems that receive less light and leave only the strongest to focus the yield there, you ll finish with much better looking flowers and the plants will be easier to grow.

OK, dubi. Many of those small branches are at the top of the plant and receiving good light. Should I still cut some of those or just trim lower branches off?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi UHN,

I'd cut the lower-weaker branches to benefit the ones that are receiving more light, put the fan close her, then re vegged stems will be stronger for flowering time to hold the weight of the flowers. Best wishes ;)

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Hi UHN,

I'd cut the lower-weaker branches to benefit the ones that are receiving more light, put the fan close her, then re vegged stems will be stronger for flowering time to hold the weight of the flowers. Best wishes ;)

Hey Dubi, what about topping / twisting / breaking / supercropping? Have you seen better results with the fan method than abuse?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi!

I think all this topping, twisting, tie down techniques... they are all compatible to control the size of your sativas indoors but i was talking concretly about what i believe is the correct way to flower reveged tropical sativas indoors.

Reveged plants usually produce a new asymetric growing, branching with lots of weak secondary stems, all this little branches usually born very close to each other, competing for the energy of the plant. this especially true for reveged tropical sativas. It's better to help the plant to grow in a more balanced and symetrical way, just leaving the strongest and better lighted stems with best growing potential. You will harvest less number of flowers, but denser, bigger, better developed and more powerful flowers.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I did trim a number of the small spindly branches from these plants, so they will concentrate more on the larger branches. The plant with slightly smaller/thinner leaves seems to still be stretching slightly, but the larger/thicker stem plant seems content now to put out new flowers. My camera is in the shop, but hopefully I can get some shots up in the next week.

I did plant a few seeds from the new generation during last nights new moon. Mum 3 and Mum 4. Also a couple of the Purple Haze seeds as well.

Hopefully, I'll have some baby plants to show off in a couple of weeks.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
it's going to be a pleasure to see your new generation Purple Hazes and Purple Haze Thais while the first PHT is flowering ;)