What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Thai

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing pure sativa colas and resin production, words can not describe their beauty!
End is near, hope you enjoy them soon! :) Thaithaithaithaithaithai mmmmmmmm

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
was wondering if you could explain the traits of both the pure Koh Chang Thai & pure Meao Thai strains, so to give us a better ability to know what were looking for in our own journey of making f2's from the double thai phenos we find ?

:thank you:

Thanks ptg for posting the old info about koh chang mother.

Welcome Quitters, genetically, koh chang is a first generation lowland thai while cbg's meao thai is a highly worked (many generations) highland thai.

Both share typical woody, lemony, spicy classic thai aromas.
Koh Chang mother is maybe more oneiric and meao thai more energetic. The F1 cross between both lines is a must for thai lovers.

P

ptg

Great to see you there Dubi!:wave:

I culled the girl this weekend.She could have gone longer. I don't mind because it was only a test,it was the 11th seeds of the pack.The smell is clearly citrus,quite strong.
I think it's the longest branches i ever harvested,some have 50cm+ (almost 2 feet) of flowers...:thank you:

Here is a little (bad)pic of the resin,colors seems good :)

picture.php

Last edited:
C

charlie garcia

beautiful results PTG, dont be modest with the pics ;)
hope she dries and cures well and give you nice smokes
enojy and thx for all updates and lovely pictures
take care

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
really impressive grow ptg mate,,

takes real skill to make a worked equatorial like this special lady, perform so well indoors !

and patience of course,, but people who dont wanna wait lose out really..

hope you enjoy that amazing medicine buddy,, i love smoking shit like that in the middle of summer!

:rasta:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great to see you there Dubi!:wave:

I culled the girl this weekend.She could have gone longer. I don't mind because it was only a test,it was the 11th seeds of the pack.The smell is clearly citrus,quite strong.
I think it's the longest branches i ever harvested,some have 50cm+ (almost 2 feet) of flowers...:thank you:

Here is a little (bad)pic of the resin,colors seems good :)

High ptg,

Im glad you have harvested your first double thai girl! Congrats, the resin production is amazing!

bloyd

Veteran
Oh Wow. If I had 2 foot double thai colas hanging to dry I would be one happy man. Amazing job you have done here PTG. Did you keep any cuts?

smokefrogg

Veteran
these are beautiful, i'm looking to purchase a pack of these as well as a different seed co's thai

koh chang, i'm very interested in the mother's origins....i have been running one recently that is supposed to also be from koh chang, it takes 14 weeks to finish, is very up and clear and creative, the seed company i won't mention but it's name usually gets a lot of disrespect, i have a columbian gold from the same company that is surely not columbian gold (maaaybe a hybrid), their "koh chang" thai is really something though! so i'm just kind of wondering if anyone knows if there is some kind of relation to the koh chang thai used in the ace seeds double thai?

if this isn't proper to ask, i apologize and mean no disrespect..........*adds double thai to the shopping cart*

P

ptg

Time for a smoke report...

Time for a smoke report...

Hello sativas aficionados!:wave:

Let's start with a few pics of a dried bud with almost 6 month of curing in glass jar:
picture.php

picture.php

The buds taste like they smell,something of a mix of catpiss,spice like curcuma and citrus/agrum.The smell is medium,as the taste.It reminds me vaguely the lao sativa i grown before,let's say they smell similarly.

Now the most important is the high...if you are a heavy smoker with a high tolerance you will find her to be exactly like the description,energetic at first then dreamy high with a long duration.

But if you are a light weight you will be blasted like never before...i will try to tell you a little story,a personal story.I did stop smoking cannabis this summer for some reasons.I quit for 2 months.

Then i started again,slowly,very slowly...smoking only a stick (one little leaf filled with pure weed) once a week,generaly sunday evening because it will blast me so much that i have to stay quiet at home...the stuff was so potent that each time i smoked a whole stick i ended like a zombie,clear minded but blasted,lost in my head...so low tolerance that actually i did need only 2 to 3 puff to feel the energetic effect only and not freak out...

After a month like that,i told myself next time i will smoke a bigger one,two leaf collage,double amount of pure weed,just to see what the effect will be...oh man,what i have done...the smoke was exquisite,my tolerance was a bit higher so i feel an energetic rush just as i finished the joint.5 mins later i did feel weird,my vision was distorded, like i was pushed back,this very strange feeling made the world different...I decided to go sit on the couch,high on tv...as soon as i sit myself,i feel my heart goes so fast i tought i would die,an up as you have with mushroom in fact...it stopped,my vision get more distorded,i had a lot of fun looking at tv,no matter the channel,could have been funeral advertising that i have found it funny.Suddenly,i feel sober and then the heartbeat comes again,stronger,really stronger...the tv became boring,and i was a bit anxious due to those heardbeat,so i look at the window to change my mind(still on the couch) and then visions started to come as the hearbeat slolwly disappear...i have a great panorama by my window,but i much say never i seen it like that...mountains became golden colored and i was jumping from one to another,just like a giant,my body was still there on the couch but i couldn't feel it,and i see myself almost flying behind those mountains...

Another strong heartbeat come and the vision stop.I feel like i was very very stoned,tired.It was 3 hours since i smoked.So i did go sleeping,and believe me the morning after i was still stoned...This was the first time i had this kind of effect using cannabis...I think it's comparable to mushroom trip but more enjoyable and with another kind of hallucinations.A true shaman weed.

So if you ask me,this strain is well worth the wait.Kudos to Ace seeds and Charlie Garcia to make such a gem available!

P.s: excuse my english:tiphat:

S

sativagrower87

ptg :thank you: this is exactly what i wanted to hear:woohoo:
oh man,what i have done
:laughing:
I think it's comparable to mushroom trip but more enjoyable and with another kind of hallucinations.A true shaman weed.
some kind of introspective psychedelic experience? huh? :D