What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

FarOut1

Thanks for your kind of words FarOut1,

Golden Tiger in the pic was grown in a continental climate around 40N outdoors directly from seed, you shouldnt have any problem to grow her between 25-30. Good luck, please keep us updated!

Thanks Dubi

:muahaha: they will be goin in dirt as soon as they get here, already sent the money:dance013:

I grow indoors but have a couple friends with a place for her in their garden, maybe they can show their true colors. Fingers crossed.

Gonna make a thread for this Beauty, Hope i do Her Justice:canabis:

Any idea bout the phenos i can expect?

Thanks really lookin foward to this girl:canabis:

Not worried about pm too much, very dry here, am worried bout feirce winds, white flies and mites. but gonna use neem for the later 2 hope it works.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you seen this post by Chimera on PM???

Thx LG, I've read all the PM threads. ;)

That one did turn me on to the JMS Stylet Oil, good stuff. :yes:

I've had PM in my garden almost a yr. and I'm shutting down for a while. I am too small-time to want to get into sulfer burners, and try to stay organic, so confined my spraying to the above, but mostly Green Cure and Serenade too.
The problem is, what to do in budding stage? Once the Golden Tiger/Guawi's hit the 6 wk mark I held off spraying for 2 wks. I hate seeing all those pistils withering up from spraying. The PM hadn't been showing til then, spraying was just a preventative measure. (If you see it, it's too late)
The last 2 wks I was spraying every 3 days, and it was a losing cause.
Head describes pulling buds apart and paint-brushing affected areas. I was ruining buds gingerly pulling them apart for interior spraying. Just couldn't get everything. :frown:
PM sux.

Good luck, FarOut, I look forward to seeing how they do for you! :good:

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
GT sounds awesome!
i've had my eye on it since she came out.
if highlighter endorses it, thats good enough for me :yes:

FarOut1

Wow Highlighter sorry to hear bout your problems:fsu:

I HOPE you're all clear when you get up n runnin again, guess you won't be poppin any GT...

Do these girls secrete liquid in the buds that starts the mold, or is pm showin up coz your grow conditions are too wet/humid?

just checked my high/lo humidity 59/41 thats for at least the last month prob. longer, rare it goes higher

You think i will be ok in my garden?

I plan on keepin a mom so i need ta run a few indoors, but if i risk PM i might not flower indoors, that would suck cause i also wanna see what she can do indoors.

Good Luck with your next Grow:artist:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FarOut, I got my PM from a clone I brought into the garden.
That Chimera thread makes a good case for it being systemic. That clone and all I took from it, always ended up w/ it. My cleaning & scrubbing seemed to all be in vain.
Quarantine any cut you bring into your OP is my advise. ;)

guess you won't be poppin any GT...

Maybe not the 1st run, but she'll be run again. :smoke:

FarOut1

I'm pretty careful, i had a mite infestation that lasted over a year, i had to shut down to rid the lil fukers, not happening again, i don't even touch plants that aren't in my garden anymore.

No clones comin in my garden ever, i won't grow anything i haven't selected from seed myself, it just takes all the fun out of it:canabis:

FarOut1

Buzzin with 11 Golden Tiger beans in dirt today:jump::plant grow::jump:

They will go out under the Plentiful Sunshine between 25º -30ºN two different locations should be fun.

Thanks you guys are ACE:jump:

FarOut1

hey Dubi started these inside 6 Tigers are outta the den:jump:

They are inside under a 18/6 cycle will this make them start to flower as soon as i put them outdoors?

I would really like to let the cubs get strong before i let em loose in the wild but don't wanna mess with their cycle.

Do you advise starting them with 14 hrs light instead of 18? it's a PIA but if it's better for their cycle i will do it.

FO:canabis:

I

inthelight

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apollo 11 x Golden Tiger!?!?!? have you been reading my diary? wtf!??! I've been dreaming of making that cross for like 2 years!!!! this is a conspiracy!

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone that knows me, knows I like Apollo. :smoke:

Raco mentioned earlier "White Tiger" using the White cut.

To me, the only reason to X the GT would be to get the flowering time down. Apollo finishes quicker than the White and is a Sat/dom w/ that clear high. Seemed the perfect fit. ;)

I

inthelight

I was thinking about a strain that would have an almost spiritual psychedelic effect . Those are the two strains I thought would create that effect best.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To go after the spiritual tone, I'd be thinking DJ Short's Flo or F13.

I think DJ really goes after that state, a spiritual bliss.
I think it's probably inherent in all his strains.
Every physiological profile varys in it's reaction, we're all different in how a strain affects us.
I think DJ covers the gamut, so that a person can find that state of being within his genetics.

Sorry to be so off-track! :blowbubbles:

C

charlie garcia

hola amigos

am sure GT is going to work great with Apollo. Think should be a great combination. Would love to see results. Agree on criterias as well ;)
thx for all HL, always glad to see you around and with so promising seedlines
enjoy amigos

hey Dubi started these inside 6 Tigers are outta the den:jump:

They are inside under a 18/6 cycle will this make them start to flower as soon as i put them outdoors?
I would really like to let the cubs get strong before i let em loose in the wild but don't wanna mess with their cycle.
Do you advise starting them with 14 hrs light instead of 18? it's a PIA but if it's better for their cycle i will do it.
FO:canabis:

GT can be put outdoors right now as cut. Will react to strecth vegging more or less if you local daylight lenght is longer than 14 hours (in fact is dark period which affects but you can understand it better) With fast indicas you have to wait to bring them outdoors (better wait until june) but most sativa hybrids cuts will perform well in this time of the year. In our country day lenght is around 14 hours and 30 min right now. If indoors you can just germ them and wait till they are standing up well and go directly to 12/12 or even shorter 11/13

FarOut1

GT can be put outdoors right now as cut. Will react to strecth vegging more or less if you local daylight lenght is longer than 14 hours (in fact is dark period which affects but you can understand it better) With fast indicas you have to wait to bring them outdoors (better wait until june) but most sativa hybrids cuts will perform well in this time of the year. In our country day lenght is around 14 hours and 30 min right now. If indoors you can just germ them and wait till they are standing up well and go directly to 12/12 or even shorter 11/13

Hola Senor Garcia

Respect & Thanks for this fine response. i am currently getting about 14.5 hrs daylight but am afraid to put these outdoors in the wind until they are stronger, these cubs aren't very steady on their feet. i've been puttin them in darkness after 14.5 hrs light. In about a week i will have more room and can give them my clone cab to do their thing until they are ready for the regular winds they will need to endure.

9 of the 11 made it above ground i will keep clones of them all for the future and have 3 friends that will take 3 each to put outdoors. i will keep giving them clones until we find the proper diet and habitat to keep em happy, i Hope to keep these Tigers Happy for years to come.

Thanks Again

T

THE PABLOS

This is what I've goin....

This is what I've goin....

...After a cull sess...

Golden Tiger X A11

Started outdoors in beer cups of coco....will be vegged outdoors as long as posible...then moved indoors.....100 percent strike rate.

I'm not bein' overly kind to my seedlin' plantation....they get what they need to grow.....but take daily beatin's from the afternoon winds.

C

charlie garcia

Am sure will work well Farout1, waiting to June is best for cuts. Solsticie in norther hemisfere is 21 jun if I am not wrong, is when, at least here, we managed to have 15 hours daylenght. They will have time to stretch all they want after few days getting used to sun radiation in a darker corner (not direct sun at first)

Hi the Pablos, hope they all go easely. Will love to see results as I commented with HL :) Think is very interesting cross

Thx for chime in amgos
Hope you all enjoy
best
charlie

FarOut1

Am sure will work well Farout1, waiting to June is best for cuts. Solsticie in norther hemisfere is 21 jun if I am not wrong, is when, at least here, we managed to have 15 hours daylenght. They will have time to stretch all they want after few days getting used to sun radiation in a darker corner (not direct sun at first)

Hi the Pablos, hope they all go easely. Will love to see results as I commented with HL :) Think is very interesting cross

Thx for chime in amgos
Hope you all enjoy
best
charlie

Thanks Again Senor Garcia

I will get em outdoors soon, def by soulstice

I planed to keep moms so i could put clones out all year, i do this normally and keep my friends in free smoke but i really hoped the Tiger would flourish, even in our winter with min. 11.5 hrs light. I know it's not normal once the daze get longer confusing the plant. Anyway this is a learnin curv while keepin my friends in free meds:plant grow:

Thanks & Respect

You go Pablo, always amazed at all the projects your workin.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
I have always looked at the Golden Tiger from ACE and read it and say ahh very interesting..then recently i got some Lionheart, a very potent sativa strain with African genes and then came across this thread and wow Highlighter wicked pic of the Golden Tiger, that sold me..and the fact that, I think I snagged the last pack on the bou(well until they restock), I saw only one left and just had to have it

peace
Chefboy