Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > LED Grow Lights > Small LED kits

Thread Title Search
Small LED kits Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2018, 06:59 PM #1
Pro Headies

Pro Headies has disabled reputation
Small LED kits

Which do you guys think would be better for a small dark spot between 2 1k hps? Want to try something small for my first led to see what i think. Any suggestions much appreciated!

https://horticulturelightinggroup.co...nt=36388462098

https://www.rapidled.com/cree-cxb359...-led-grow-kit/
Pro Headies is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Click for more info about the Majestic 12 LED panel
Old 02-11-2018, 07:46 PM #2
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor
Another HPS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Headies View Post
Which do you guys think would be better for a small dark spot between 2 1k hps? Want to try something small for my first led to see what i think. Any suggestions much appreciated!

https://horticulturelightinggroup.co...nt=36388462098

https://www.rapidled.com/cree-cxb359...-led-grow-kit/
I think you may be disappointed.

Good Luck
420somewhere is offline Quote

Old 02-11-2018, 09:24 PM #3
Pro Headies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420somewhere View Post
I think you may be disappointed.

Good Luck
I'm really only trying to light the upper area between 2 blockbuster hoods so I don't need LED to penetrate since the overlap of the 2 1k hps's hit the lower area

Old 02-11-2018, 09:41 PM #4
h.h.

h.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of light
On a suggestion from Gr33nSanta, I went with a Vero29 kit from Timberlights.
In your case, $239 for 200w. A couple straps for the sides $16. Hangers $10.

You would need to drill about 10 3/8" holes.

$25 plus another $20/25 shipping for another 100w. They had a $25 discount, code RIU, so basically $25 more.

Quote:
it’s mighty sad when average health has declined to the point that people become fatally ill from exposure to a little animal shit.
Solomon, Steve; Reinheimer, Erica (2012-12-04). The Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient Dense Food (p. 271). New Society Publishers. Kindle Edition.
h.h. is offline Quote

Old 02-11-2018, 11:35 PM #5
rolandomota

rolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to allrolandomota is a name known to all
A row of 15 watt screw in led bulbs with tops popped off and clamp lights with bulb splitters
rolandomota is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2018, 02:22 AM #6
Phaeton
Speed of Dark

Phaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud of
Wink

The bud room has 1400 watts of discharge lights plus another 3000 watts LED.
Out of nine brands of LED only two enjoyed being hung with hot discharge lights. Most functioned, but these two brands were flawless: Platinum and Dwarf Star.
For hanging between a pair of 1000 watt HPS bulbs I recommend the 300 watt P600 by Platinum. It will take the heat and it has a red heavy spectrum that will blend with the HPS instead of fighting for the chloroplasts.
For hanging with MH, the 230 watt Dwarf Star's are unparalleled.

LED grow lights depot is an internet site that carries over 40 brands and has the specifications, recommended distance, and beam spread for most of them.
They are not a sponsor of this site so no link.
Phaeton is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2018, 02:36 AM #7
Pro Headies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
The bud room has 1400 watts of discharge lights plus another 3000 watts LED.
Out of nine brands of LED only two enjoyed being hung with hot discharge lights. Most functioned, but these two brands were flawless: Platinum and Dwarf Star.
For hanging between a pair of 1000 watt HPS bulbs I recommend the 300 watt P600 by Platinum. It will take the heat and it has a red heavy spectrum that will blend with the HPS instead of fighting for the chloroplasts.
For hanging with MH, the 230 watt Dwarf Star's are unparalleled.

LED grow lights depot is an internet site that carries over 40 brands and has the specifications, recommended distance, and beam spread for most of them.
They are not a sponsor of this site so no link.
I have no heat really between my hoods, never over 78f right where I want to place the led. I'll check out the P600, thanks!

edit: I checked out the P600, i don't like the blurple led lights

Old 02-13-2018, 04:49 AM #8
FlaDankster

FlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of light
If you choose to go with cobs look into the veros or citizens.Better prices than the cree with good performance.

Are you looking for a plug n play unit or you willing to tinker and build your own frame?

Timbergrowlights is another place to check out.

But, I think I'd rather just kick the bucket than turn into a vegetarian
FlaDankster is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 03:28 PM #9
Pro Headies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaDankster View Post
If you choose to go with cobs look into the veros or citizens.Better prices than the cree with good performance.

Are you looking for a plug n play unit or you willing to tinker and build your own frame?

Timbergrowlights is another place to check out.
I dont mind doing some tinkering but i dont really know the ins and outs yet on all the parts required to build my own setup. Im leaning towards the QB XL 260w kit now.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:48 PM #10
FlaDankster

FlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of lightFlaDankster is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Headies View Post
I dont mind doing some tinkering but i dont really know the ins and outs yet on all the parts required to build my own setup. Im leaning towards the QB XL 260w kit now.

Timber has the kits that are already put together and wired up,all that is needed is a frame.Cutter.com has kits also.

The QB kits are pretty sweet.I will be getting the same thing you're looking at or the 320 watt kit shortly for veg myself.

I like the QB's for better coverage myself.

But, I think I'd rather just kick the bucket than turn into a vegetarian
FlaDankster is offline Quote