Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Do I have mold on my flowers?

Thread Title Search
Do I have mold on my flowers? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2018, 03:46 PM #1
manjawithdaganj

manjawithdaganj will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Do I have mold on my flowers?

Hi there, Just partly finished my first grow and have dried and trim this particular bud. I am not sure however, that I am seeing mold or crystals on my bud. I dried in a climate of 40-55% RH and 15-18C temps in a dark cupboard. Can you take a look at the pictures and tell me what you think? Cheers.

https://imgur.com/a/QvyWc
https://imgur.com/a/IS6SO
manjawithdaganj is offline Quote

Old 02-08-2018, 04:19 PM #2
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant future
Looks ok to me. Doesnt look like grey mold or botrytis or anything like that. Are the flowers moist or dry? If you think they may mold I would try to dry them out quickly. It may be a bit harsher smoke if dryer but you will stop the moisture from potentially creating a problem.

theJointedOne is offline Quote

Old 02-08-2018, 04:23 PM #3
manjawithdaganj

Flowers are dry. The RH was pretty low the whole time so it took around 5 days with the leaves. The insides are a bit more moist than the rest, but definitely not wet. I have a better picture of one of the buds. I got them on cardboard right now so they shouldn't take that much longer to dry if I leave them spread out.
https://imgur.com/a/D8ywl

Old 02-08-2018, 04:29 PM #4
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Low humidity helps reduce the chance of getting mold.

BTW: I don't see any on your buds.

Working on Something Sneaky

2 Days Left
troutman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:40 PM #5
manjawithdaganj

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post

Thanks for the reassurement. I have someone telling me that it looks infected and need to chuck it, so I wanted to double check with the pros here.

Old 02-08-2018, 05:11 PM #6
2011rex87
Banned

2011rex87 will become famous soon enough2011rex87 will become famous soon enough
i checked out your imgur. bud looks ok to me....
2011rex87 is offline Quote

Old 02-08-2018, 07:01 PM #7
oldbootz

oldbootz is a splendid one to beholdoldbootz is a splendid one to beholdoldbootz is a splendid one to beholdoldbootz is a splendid one to beholdoldbootz is a splendid one to beholdoldbootz is a splendid one to beholdoldbootz is a splendid one to beholdoldbootz is a splendid one to beholdoldbootz is a splendid one to beholdoldbootz is a splendid one to beholdoldbootz is a splendid one to behold
It looks like there is a spot of mold

On the first link, in the first pic, at the top of the bud, there is a brown/grey spot on the bud tip.
On the second link, in the last pic, on the left side of the big bud (same bud?)

This looks like mold to me. Chop it off. You can smoke the rest that doesnt have the mold on it.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:23 PM #8
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post

Ditto.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders of unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 11 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2018, 04:38 AM #9
SoulAnnoyed
Banned

SoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the roughSoulAnnoyed is a jewel in the rough
Those colors just scream borderline bud rot (the kind most people never notice)

What color were the pistils before chop? Tan?
SoulAnnoyed is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2018, 04:52 AM #10
soil margin

soil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of lightsoil margin is a glorious beacon of light
Hard to say, but I see some questionable stuff. Some of the small leaves look a little too white relative to the others. Mold can be very hard to spot sometimes especially if the lighting in the room isn't just right.
soil margin is offline Quote