Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > The Great OutDoors > any other turkey hunters on here?

Thread Title Search
any other turkey hunters on here? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2018, 02:47 AM #1
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Thumbs up any other turkey hunters on here?

i'm going to 'bama this spring for first time in 4 years. went for 17 years in a row before that, but "the job" and my brothers deteriorating health blew the trip out of the water for the last couple of years. can't wait to hear those big black birds singing in pre-dawn dark. make my heart race & hair stand on end...

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2018, 02:55 AM #2
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Bud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivor
have fun!
What's your favorite turkey gun?

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green is online now Quote

Old 02-04-2018, 03:09 AM #3
Capt.Ahab
Feeding the ducks with a bun.

Capt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivor
I'm planning on turkey hunting this Spring.
Although Im an avid hunter and have been to many places hunting and hunted many species, I've never really hunted turkey.

We should start a social hunting group here, if allowed.
"Mark ye, be forewarned; Ahab's above the common; Ahab's been in colleges, as well as 'mong the cannibals; been used to deeper wonders than the waves; fixed his fiery lance in mightier, stranger foes than whales.'"
Capt.Ahab is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:19 AM #4
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Bud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivor
Last summer I went looking for a used, longer barrel for my 35 year old 12 gauge Wingmaster.
I figured it would be easy to find a 28" or 30" barrel.
Walked into my local shop to ask if he'd seen one lately.

Sitting on his counter was an old Remington "Duck and Goose" barrel from the '70s...
34 inches long! I plunked down a hunnerd dollar bill and took it home!

After shooting it, I'm sure glad I did..... Of course, it kinda makes me look like Elmer Fudd when I carry it around..

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:19 PM #5
Mtn. Nectar

Mtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of light
sounds like a nice trip in the making........taken my share of here out west......but would like to travel for a slam of all varieties in states.......son was in Idaho last year and bagged 2.....here's first one........

best in gobblin'..........

Last edited by Mtn. Nectar; 02-06-2018 at 12:50 PM..
Mtn. Nectar is offline Quote

Old 02-04-2018, 05:35 PM #6
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud of
I leave the gobblers alone to hunt muleys and pigs.

Be going on my first turkey hunt this spring. Long story short my great uncle has a creek and the other neighbor has an almond orchard. Now they both have lots of turkeys...

Last edited by Wendull C.; 02-04-2018 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: Fat fingers
Wendull C. is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:36 PM #7
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud of
We did have a hunters thread here. Skip closed it.
Wendull C. is offline Quote

Old 02-04-2018, 06:27 PM #8
jonnyfli

jonnyfli is just really nicejonnyfli is just really nicejonnyfli is just really nicejonnyfli is just really nicejonnyfli is just really nicejonnyfli is just really nicejonnyfli is just really nicejonnyfli is just really nicejonnyfli is just really nicejonnyfli is just really nicejonnyfli is just really nice

Last edited by jonnyfli; 04-09-2018 at 11:18 AM..
jonnyfli is offline Quote

Old 02-04-2018, 06:37 PM #9
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond repute
last turkey hunt was fucked up.
my brother and i (he was a game warden) went to his secret spot.
we sat in a blind before dawn listening to them and when it was light enough they began flying down from their roosts, but never approached our blind.

we noticed a rafter making their way down a creek and decided to bail the blind and stalk closer hoping to get a shot. as they came closer we concealed ourselves in a thicket.

there were about 15 in that flock and got to within ten feet of us. brother told me when they got between two trees to take a headshot...which i did, discharging my 12 guage browning loaded with 00buck. direct hit. i was elated!

hurrying out and around the thicket we were surprised and dismayed to discover two dead birds with but one tag to cover.

brother was angry, i was pissed that i hadn't seen the second tom...

my brother passed a year or two later, it was the last time i hunted.

i miss him but not hunting...

trichrider is offline Quote

Old 02-04-2018, 06:59 PM #10
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Green Sr. View Post
have fun!
What's your favorite turkey gun?
i use an old single shot 10 gauge most of the time. i have a little 20 ga. model 37 winchester i carry if i get optimistic. when really happy i carry my longbow. i've missed a LOT of turkeys with a bow, lol...