Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > Plastic pots veg coco gnats in drain holes

Thread Title Search
Plastic pots veg coco gnats in drain holes Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2018, 06:17 PM #1
Raw710

Raw710 is on a distinguished road
Plastic pots veg coco gnats in drain holes

Hi I guess it maybe a repeat I’ve question on ICMAG but I figured I would ask what is the best way to restrict fungus gnats coming in and out of the drain holes on plastic pots. I rarely ever see them on top of the medium, but the bottom is obviously stats more moist and I believe that is where they go to lay there eggs in the bottom thru the drain holes. What preventative measures can I take?
Raw710 is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 06:47 PM #2
meadowman

meadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of lightmeadowman is a glorious beacon of light
mosquito dunks work great. crumble em up n top dress or soak in your water/nutes.
meadowman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:06 PM #3
BOMBAYCAT

BOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of lightBOMBAYCAT is a glorious beacon of light
If you only have a few plants stick a little very fine steel wool in the drain holes. The little so and so get shredded and that will make you happy. Otherwise the crumbled up Mosquito Dunks work great. You can get the dunks at the big box stores like Lowes or Home Depot.
BOMBAYCAT is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 07:10 PM #4
Raw710

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowman View Post
mosquito dunks work great. crumble em up n top dress or soak in your water/nutes.
How do you think it would work if I mixed it in my big bin of coco? Or better to top dress?
Raw710 is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 07:10 PM #5
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Gnatrol or another Bti product.

Why screw around with bandaids? Kill them.
Mikell is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:49 PM #6
Raw710

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOMBAYCAT View Post
If you only have a few plants stick a little very fine steel wool in the drain holes. The little so and so get shredded and that will make you happy. Otherwise the crumbled up Mosquito Dunks work great. You can get the dunks at the big box stores like Lowes or Home Depot.
That is a pretty good idea with the steel wool thanks
Raw710 is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 07:50 PM #7
Raw710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikell View Post
Gnatrol or another Bti product.

Why screw around with bandaids? Kill them.
How much gnatrol do you use? Enough for run off?
Raw710 is offline Quote

Old 01-13-2018, 08:43 PM #8
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Yep.
Mikell is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2018, 12:29 AM #9
MickFoster

MickFoster will become famous soon enoughMickFoster will become famous soon enough
I use air pots which have holes all over and I cover them with pantyhose.
MickFoster is offline Quote

Old 01-14-2018, 03:21 AM #10
Raw710

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickFoster View Post
I use air pots which have holes all over and I cover them with pantyhose.
I can’t believe I never thought of that! You guys are awesome!!!
Raw710 is offline Quote